Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-23-2008, 08:19 PM

4,688 posts, read 10,106,669 times

Advertisements

Seriously, that answer demonstrates a fatal character flaw that should prevent her from ever getting close to any executive power.

When Bill Ayers used terrorism as a tool to accomplish his political beliefs, its terrorism.

When abortion bombers use terrorism as a tool to accomplish their political beliefs, its _______.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-23-2008, 08:44 PM

26,214 posts, read 49,052,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdiddy View Post
Seriously, that answer demonstrates a fatal character flaw that should prevent her from ever getting close to any executive power.

When Bill Ayers used terrorism as a tool to accomplish his political beliefs, its terrorism.

When abortion bombers use terrorism as a tool to accomplish their political beliefs, its _______.
Yep, nothing like good old GOP hypocrisy.

Old 10-23-2008, 10:17 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,759,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShoppingCartLaw View Post
they are activists not terrorists
Not if they destroy property or injure people.

Old 10-23-2008, 10:19 PM

11,706 posts, read 24,791,036 times
Palin is so lost and stupid. I can't believe there are people in this country who support her.

Old 10-23-2008, 10:24 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,221,236 times
Yes an abortion clinic bomber is a terrorist.

Old 10-23-2008, 10:28 PM

1,577 posts, read 2,661,209 times
Yes they would be a terrorist and the fact that she doesn't feel that they are is disgusting.

Old 10-23-2008, 10:31 PM

1,544 posts, read 2,075,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
Not if they destroy property or injure people.
I see them as violent activists just because I want to distinguish them from the "real" terrorists who in my opinion have a house full of weapons and are military-like. The domestic terrorists and world terrorists to me act more like an army and are trained and more disciplined in carrying out their plans.

While these violent activists are more like small-scale untrained terrorists who bomb locations just because of their beliefs.

I just want to make that distinction. Because if someone says there is a terrorist that bomb the abortion clinic, the first thing that comes to my mind is a terrorist from a trained terrorist organization with a lot of bombs and firearms.

So there are three types of terrorists for me (and for me only):
1) World terrorists - the big timers - Hamas, Al Queda
2) Domestic terrorists - like McVeigh
3) Violent activists - like those bombing the abortion clinics.

Old 10-23-2008, 10:34 PM

3,127 posts, read 7,629,814 times
Any nut case willing to use a "BOMB", for a belief or movement is a TERRORIST.......after all isn't that what the Terrorist do? Kill for something they believe in. Same Thing!

Old 10-23-2008, 10:35 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,759,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShoppingCartLaw View Post
I see them as violent activists just because I want to distinguish them from the "real" terrorists who in my opinion have a house full of weapons and are military-like. The domestic terrorists and world terrorists to me act more like an army and are trained and more disciplined in carrying out their plans.

While these violent activists are more like small-scale untrained terrorists who bomb locations just because of their beliefs.

I just want to make that distinction. Because if someone says there is a terrorist that bomb the abortion clinic, the first thing that comes to my mind is a terrorist from a trained terrorist organization with a lot of bombs and firearms.

So there are three types of terrorists for me (and for me only):
1) World terrorists - the big timers - Hamas, Al Queda
2) Domestic terrorists - like the one done by McVeigh
3) Violent activists - like those bombing the abortion clinics.
Mental gymnastics. Perfect 10!

Old 10-23-2008, 10:39 PM

1,577 posts, read 2,661,209 times
. a person, usually a member of a group, who uses or advocates terrorism. 2. a person who terrorizes or frightens others.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections