Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-24-2008, 06:52 AM

12,867 posts, read 14,916,363 times

Advertisements

this is a direct quote from the obama agenda, by barack obama:

“We are going to double foreign aid. We are going to make the Millenium Development Goals America’s goals. And those priorities are going to be ones that we care deeply about. We won’t be able to ramp up the twenty five billion all in the first year. We’re looking at six billion dollar increments, additional increments each year until we get to the fifty billion mark. And here would be the priorities. Number one, HIV AIDS. We have made progress with the PETFAR program… It needs to be significantly increased. I want us to pay our fair share to the Global Fund, and I want to make sure that we are doubling the amount of people who are getting treated. No two is… a global education fund. Two billion dollars a year that is devoted to building schools that are teaching math and science and agriculture… agricultural sciences instead of hatred of America, and that is good for our national security, it’s good for development around the world. In countries like Indonesia or Kenya, setting up a school just doesn’t cost that much money, but it can have huge ramifications… so that would a second thing. Third thing is debt forgiveness. This has to be a priority. You’ve got countries… sub-saharan Africa, forty four percent of its GDP is taken up in debt servicing. It is a crushing blow, so I will work both with other countries in the developed world, as well as multi-national organizations to make sure that we are moving rapidly towards loan forgiveness.”

it sure sounds like he is spreading american dollars, in large amounts, around the entire world. think about the cost to americans for such an expansive world plan when our own country is drowing in debt. how about america first, obama?!!!!

this is in addition to his global poverty bill and world debt forgiveness bills!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-13-2009, 04:26 AM

i am pulling this back up because this was done last october and this represents the obama agenda. americans elected a president who they thought was an agent of change for america, but instead got an agent of world change WITH THE UNITED STATES ON THE LOSING END OF THE EQUATION. we are basically selling out an american car company to italy with american taxpayer dollars. we are still funneling money into a war that america cannot win and should not even be involved in, as throughout history other countries cannot come in and resolve cultural differences. america is still mired in debt, with the dollar getting ready to shrink yet again. how will americans who are struggling manage in this new world economy? who will look out for america's interests?
here is a sign of things to come:

50% of HK-China trade in yuan - The China Post

About 50 percent of Hong Kong's trade with China may be settled in yuan as exporters reduce their exposure to a WEAKENING DOLLAR, Industrial & Commercial Bank of China (Asia) Ltd. said. The first settlements of international trade using China's currency will start with about 400 Chinese companies in five pilot cities, Stanley Wong, deputy general manager at the unit of China's biggest bank, said in an interview today in Hong Kong. The payments may expand to half of all trade when authorities extend the program nationwide

Old 05-13-2009, 04:45 AM

2,488 posts, read 2,934,853 times
Oh, you right wing conservatives never cared at all when all your taxes (which you paid more then) went to blowing up other countries. But now when it goes into investing into your own country, you get all ticked, and throw stupid tea parties. We all need the deficit to be paid down, we all want our country to be out of debt, but we have to get the economy going, and that idiot you guys supported for the last 8 years left this country in such shambles that we need to repair it. God forbid if we work on transportation projects, and other public works to get people working again.

You guys are so patriotic when it means attacking another country, and spending trillions on taxes for it, but when it is about putting it back in your own country, you complain and whine. You guys are such hypocrites. Just keep listening to those talking head treasonist like Rush Limbaugh. You people make me sick.

Old 05-13-2009, 07:11 AM

it is a mistake for you to generalize as a lot of conservatives are against war spending. there is a difference between defensive military spending designed to protect your country and military spending to engage other countries in war operations. there is also a problem with all of the waste in military spending as it is not being done efficiently at all.

even though you said that the deficit needs to be paid down, i don't see anything being done by this administration to pay down the deficit. you cannot pay down a deficit by quadrupling the spending or by increasing your war operations in afghanistan.....

Old 05-13-2009, 10:56 AM

8,289 posts, read 13,567,226 times
floridasandy and you as a bitter HILLARY supporter would be shocked to know that she would be doing the same thing OBAMA is doing now if she was President. However you should know that most of this spending was already appropiated for in the budget from last year when Obama was not President but BUSH was.
I can't wait for you next thread entitled : OBAMA eats babies & puppies.

Old 05-13-2009, 12:53 PM

2,661 posts, read 2,904,049 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by floridasandy View Post
this is a direct quote from the obama agenda, by barack obama:

“We are going to double foreign aid. We are going to make the Millenium Development Goals America’s goals. And those priorities are going to be ones that we care deeply about. We won’t be able to ramp up the twenty five billion all in the first year. We’re looking at six billion dollar increments, additional increments each year until we get to the fifty billion mark. And here would be the priorities. Number one, HIV AIDS. We have made progress with the PETFAR program… It needs to be significantly increased. I want us to pay our fair share to the Global Fund, and I want to make sure that we are doubling the amount of people who are getting treated. No two is… a global education fund. Two billion dollars a year that is devoted to building schools that are teaching math and science and agriculture… agricultural sciences instead of hatred of America, and that is good for our national security, it’s good for development around the world. In countries like Indonesia or Kenya, setting up a school just doesn’t cost that much money, but it can have huge ramifications… so that would a second thing. Third thing is debt forgiveness. This has to be a priority. You’ve got countries… sub-saharan Africa, forty four percent of its GDP is taken up in debt servicing. It is a crushing blow, so I will work both with other countries in the developed world, as well as multi-national organizations to make sure that we are moving rapidly towards loan forgiveness.â€

it sure sounds like he is spreading american dollars, in large amounts, around the entire world. think about the cost to americans for such an expansive world plan when our own country is drowing in debt. how about america first, obama?!!!!

this is in addition to his global poverty bill and world debt forgiveness bills!!
Do you have any actual numbers?
Exactly how much of that made it into this year's budget?

Old 05-13-2009, 06:43 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,224,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Awesomo.2000 View Post
Oh, you right wing conservatives never cared at all when all your taxes (which you paid more then) went to blowing up other countries. But now when it goes into investing into your own country, you get all ticked, and throw stupid tea parties. We all need the deficit to be paid down, we all want our country to be out of debt, but we have to get the economy going, and that idiot you guys supported for the last 8 years left this country in such shambles that we need to repair it. God forbid if we work on transportation projects, and other public works to get people working again.

You guys are so patriotic when it means attacking another country, and spending trillions on taxes for it, but when it is about putting it back in your own country, you complain and whine. You guys are such hypocrites. Just keep listening to those talking head treasonist like Rush Limbaugh. You people make me sick.
This libertarian has no problem investing in our own country provided that it is wise investments and not some pet pork projects. I am against foreign aid especially since we can not afford to pay our own light bill.
Yes invest in technologies, invest in better education( with accountability).
How about we pass some trade laws that reflect those imposed upon us by our trading partners?
How about we pass some laws with teeth in them and enforce them for companies that export labor?

Old 05-16-2009, 12:40 PM

570 posts, read 1,583,634 times
AN OPEN LETTER TO PRESIDENT OBAMA

Dear President Obama, You are the thirteenth President under whom I have lived and unlike any of the others, you truly scare me.

You scare me because after months of exposure, I know nothing about you.

You scare me because I do not know how you paid for your expensive Ivy League education and your upscale lifestyle and housing with no visible signs of support.

You scare me because you did not spend the formative years of youth growing up in America and culturally you are not an American.

You scare me because you have never run a company or met a payroll.

You scare me because you have never had military experience, thus don't understand it at its core.

You scare me because you lack humility and 'class', always blaming others.

You scare me because for over half your life you have aligned yourself with radical extremists who hate America and you refuse to publicly denounce these radicals who wish to see America fail.

You scare me because you are a cheerleader for the 'blame America' crowd and deliver this message abroad.

You scare me because you want to change America to a European style country where the government sector dominates instead of the private sector.

You scare me because you want to replace our health care system with a government controlled one.

You scare me because you prefer 'wind mills' to responsibly capitalizing on our own vast oil, coal and shale reserves.

You scare me because you want to kill the American capitalist goose that lays the golden egg which provides the highest standard of living in the world.

You scare me because you have begun to use 'extortion' tactics against certain banks and corporations.

You scare me because your own political party shrinks from challenging you on your wild and irresponsible spending proposals.

You scare me because you will not openly listen to or even consider opposing points of view from intelligent people.

You scare me because you falsely believe that you are both omnipotent and omniscient.

You scare me because the media gives you a free pass on everything you do.

You scare me because you demonize and want to silence the Limbaughs, Hannitys, O'Reillys and Becks who offer opposing, conservative points of view.

You scare me because you prefer controlling over governing.

Finally, you scare me because if you serve a second term I will probably not feel safe in writing a similar letter in 8 years.

Old 05-16-2009, 04:33 PM

3,857 posts, read 4,216,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by adysmom View Post
AN OPEN LETTER TO PRESIDENT OBAMA

Dear President Obama, You are the thirteenth President under whom I have lived and unlike any of the others, you truly scare me.

You scare me because after months of exposure, I know nothing about you.

You scare me because I do not know how you paid for your expensive Ivy League education and your upscale lifestyle and housing with no visible signs of support.

You scare me because you did not spend the formative years of youth growing up in America and culturally you are not an American.

You scare me because you have never run a company or met a payroll.

You scare me because you have never had military experience, thus don't understand it at its core.

You scare me because you lack humility and 'class', always blaming others.

You scare me because for over half your life you have aligned yourself with radical extremists who hate America and you refuse to publicly denounce these radicals who wish to see America fail.

You scare me because you are a cheerleader for the 'blame America' crowd and deliver this message abroad.

You scare me because you want to change America to a European style country where the government sector dominates instead of the private sector.

You scare me because you want to replace our health care system with a government controlled one.

You scare me because you prefer 'wind mills' to responsibly capitalizing on our own vast oil, coal and shale reserves.

You scare me because you want to kill the American capitalist goose that lays the golden egg which provides the highest standard of living in the world.

You scare me because you have begun to use 'extortion' tactics against certain banks and corporations.

You scare me because your own political party shrinks from challenging you on your wild and irresponsible spending proposals.

You scare me because you will not openly listen to or even consider opposing points of view from intelligent people.

You scare me because you falsely believe that you are both omnipotent and omniscient.

You scare me because the media gives you a free pass on everything you do.

You scare me because you demonize and want to silence the Limbaughs, Hannitys, O'Reillys and Becks who offer opposing, conservative points of view.

You scare me because you prefer controlling over governing.

Finally, you scare me because if you serve a second term I will probably not feel safe in writing a similar letter in 8 years.
Hey, did not happen NOT to see the entire thread which devoted to "your" above email letter??????

I'll try to find the link for you.

The above "scare" email letter has been discussed at length. If it really "scares" you, then maybe you would do well to read all the responses to the exact same email letter posted in that other thread. It may soothe your fears.

Open Letter to President Obama

Try that.

Old 05-16-2009, 05:00 PM

11,486 posts, read 15,310,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Awesomo.2000 View Post

Oh you liberals would not know how to protect you own dog if it were left up to you.

And if you took the time or could find it, look at the list of democrats who voted to send out troops to war. Should you also included them in your rant?

Invest in our country my a--, this moron President is spending tomorrows money today.

What happened to the " I will run this government like you do your household budget". Was that a total lie too??
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections