Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-25-2008, 11:49 AM

658 posts, read 1,786,538 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FedupWNY View Post

I concluded my thoughts that Michele Obama deserves huge for taking "the high road" during this election process. She spoke with honesty and fairness, while Palin continues pulling character attacks out of a hat like bunnies.
Well said! I think Michele Obama has been nothing but graceful and elegant throughout the campaign process. Even when presented with opportunities to criticize the McCain camp, she has taken the high road.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-25-2008, 12:14 PM

14,317 posts, read 22,404,464 times
Quote:
Yesterday I had on one of the cable stations, I think it was CNN and they showed a speech Michele Obama was giving in Ohio. She talked about her husband, and family values. She talked positive about our country and the other factors in which her husband is campaigning on. Michele Obama spoke nothing of the republican competion.

Then, the station jumped to the McCain campaign and Sarah Palin giving a speech. Almost the first words out of her mouth were of negative overtones avout the Obama/Biden camp. Thus began the slippery slope of Palin trying to bring down the democrats while doing nothing to lift the republican side on important issues facing America. I changed the channel after about 5 minutes. Sarah Palin, imo, said nothing that might sway me to voting republican. She zero'd in on one attack after another against Obama/Biden.

I concluded my thoughts that Michele Obama deserves huge for taking "the high road" during this election process. She spoke with honesty and fairness, while Palin continues pulling character attacks out of a hat like bunnies.
Michelle is a magnificent woman. She's of a different class than McCain and Palin this is obvious. McCain and Palin are pure trash.

Old 10-25-2008, 01:14 PM

532 posts, read 859,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eastcoastlady View Post
She's a fantastic lady. I think of her as a cross between Hilary Clinton and Jackie Kennedy. She's smart, successful, intelligent and passionate- and she's also elegant, stylish, and a devoted wife. People keep saying we should be inspired my Palin's success, but I'm inspired by Michelle Obama, who really does seem to have it all.
Please--not the "Jackie" comparison again. She is a smart, intelligent lady, but Jackie Kennedy. she is NOT.

Old 10-25-2008, 01:19 PM

306 posts, read 1,162,431 times
I totally agree. She is a lovely lady. She and her husband have done nothing but take the high road. What a fantastic couple.

(I am happy to be suprised that this thread is so positive. I was sure that someone would be on here trying to put her down. )

Old 10-25-2008, 01:21 PM

838 posts, read 923,143 times
Before M. Obama was re-trained, her speeches were awful to say the least, very downcast very compaining all about her supression....all of which she learned in Rev. Wright's church for two decades and the black liberation theology in their hearts, this is the real M. Obama and barack.

Old 10-25-2008, 01:22 PM

12,373 posts, read 13,205,248 times
Quote:
Yes she is very classy, she will make a great first lady!

Old 10-25-2008, 01:42 PM

2,972 posts, read 8,218,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ButterflyUK View Post
(I am happy to be suprised that this thread is so positive. I was sure that someone would be on here trying to put her down. )
Didn't take long after your post .....

It's still a positive thread about a person who has shown that there are better ways of gaining support without negative overtones and personal attacks. Michele Obama isn't at all on the doorsteps of passing along skewed stories and mistruths. That, to my thinking, is the proper means of not only winning an election... but of being good people in everyday life.

Old 10-25-2008, 01:46 PM

8,185 posts, read 12,648,053 times
Michelle obama is not running for vpotus. Palin is. To continue to compare the two - one a wife of a candidate and the other an actual candidate, is dismissive and unfair. I mean, had the primaries gone differently, would you have compared hillary to cindy mccain?

Old 10-25-2008, 01:54 PM

532 posts, read 909,405 times
Michelle Obama would be a far better Vice President than Palin could ever hope to be.

Old 10-25-2008, 01:55 PM

8,185 posts, read 12,648,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eastcoastlady View Post
Michelle Obama would be a far better Vice President than Palin could ever hope to be.
Maybe she will pull a hillary and run for potus sometime down the line
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections