Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-25-2008, 05:25 PM

3,413 posts, read 8,842,651 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by seattlenextyear View Post
Stinky and snoring are two excellent adjectives to describe most husbands.

Last night:

Husband: *snore*
Husband: *louder snore*
Me (nudging): Hon, get on your side
Husband (clearly on his back): I'm on my side
Me (nudging): No, you're snoring, turn over
Husband: Ok
Husband: *doesn't move*

OH MY GAWD!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I think I'm going to barf.

The hypnosis from Obama's speeches only makes his snoring attractive to me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-25-2008, 05:25 PM

2,522 posts, read 4,396,035 times
Quote:

Last night:

But you need Smell-O-Vision for the "he's smelly" effect.

Old 10-25-2008, 05:27 PM
LML

7,100 posts, read 9,117,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mamama Mia View Post
Wait, you didn't see them on Access Hollywood?
That was their ONE interview.

Old 10-25-2008, 08:33 PM

2,972 posts, read 8,218,036 times
It's refreshing to know that a few hours away can make all the difference

Quote:
Originally Posted by camping! View Post
Michelle obama is not running for vpotus. Palin is. To continue to compare the two - one a wife of a candidate and the other an actual candidate, is dismissive and unfair. I mean, had the primaries gone differently, would you have compared hillary to cindy mccain?
When a person steps up with a microphone and speaks on behalf of a candidate, it's their words that are displayed for said candidate. As per comparing Michele Obama to Sarah Palin, it was stated in the very beginning. From watching a speech from one, the station cut away to bring the other .... thus, a comparison (compliments of a news station) of the two was formed, that being how they both spoke to audiences.

In all fairness, if the primaries went differently and IF (that's a huge IF) Hillary Clinton, as Pres or even if she was a VP candidate, lead the way of a negative campaign against the McCain camp & Cindy McCain took the high road, then I'd probably see her as I do Michele Obama. That is not here nor there, but what is here & now, I can't make heads or tails of what exactly the McCain/Palin issues really are.

Are they about making America a better place or only about tearing down ones sharing different views?

I never was much the fan of a "don't talk about us, as we talk about you" mentality from the republican candidates.

Old 10-25-2008, 10:20 PM

8,185 posts, read 12,648,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FedupWNY View Post
It's refreshing to know that a few hours away can make all the difference

When a person steps up with a microphone and speaks on behalf of a candidate, it's their words that are displayed for said candidate. As per comparing Michele Obama to Sarah Palin, it was stated in the very beginning. From watching a speech from one, the station cut away to bring the other .... thus, a comparison (compliments of a news station) of the two was formed, that being how they both spoke to audiences.

In all fairness, if the primaries went differently and IF (that's a huge IF) Hillary Clinton, as Pres or even if she was a VP candidate, lead the way of a negative campaign against the McCain camp & Cindy McCain took the high road, then I'd probably see her as I do Michele Obama. That is not here nor there, but what is here & now, I can't make heads or tails of what exactly the McCain/Palin issues really are.

Are they about making America a better place or only about tearing down ones sharing different views?

I never was much the fan of a "don't talk about us, as we talk about you" mentality from the republican candidates.
Was I defending the mccain/palin ticket? No, no I wasn't. Their campaign was toast the minute mccain sold his soul to rove, and thats a fact.

However, I still stand by what I wrote. It is not legitimate to ever compare a candidate to a spouse, regardless if they are the same sex. It is irrelevent. And it is demeaning to palin. Because whether you like her or not (and I do not) she deserves the respect as a vpotus candidate. Palin is not the spouse of a candidate, she is a candidate. Her speeches could and should be of a different level then that of a spouse. In other words, michele should never give a speech on policy. Palin could and should. Michelle should never go negative, and like it or not palin could and should -- just as joe biden could and should and has. Palin and bidens speeches should be compared, never palin and michelles and never bidens and cindy mccains. The day you (and other obama supporters including cnn) start splitscreening cindy mccain and joe biden is the day I will see it as legitimate comparison. In other words, it will never happen.

Old 10-25-2008, 10:22 PM

1,833 posts, read 6,430,464 times
Why did she go visit the sick grand mothers ...

Michelle Obama ... what a vile creature.

Old 10-25-2008, 10:24 PM

11,709 posts, read 24,819,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davart View Post
Why did she go visit the sick grand mothers ...

Michelle Obama ... what a vile creature.
She didn't.

Old 10-25-2008, 10:30 PM

1 posts, read 1,775,629 times
I remember watching Michelle Obama speaking so graceful during a Larry King interview a few weeks ago then seeing Cindy McCain on the next segment talking about Obama sending "cold shivers down her spine" when he "voted to stop funding her son" with this absolutely awful witch-like look on her face.

The contrast between the Obama and McCain campaign was so stark and seeing the difference completely turned me off.

Old 10-25-2008, 10:30 PM

2,794 posts, read 4,159,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by g-man430 View Post
She didn't.
She was filling in for Barack at his scheduled appearances.

Old 10-25-2008, 10:44 PM

2,905 posts, read 7,354,036 times
I do think Michelle Obama would make a great first lady. I saw a clip on tv when she was on the view and mentioned that her dress cost her $100. I love it when people go on tv and are wearing clothing that viewers can actually afford. Good for her.

I also watched a 10 minute advert for Obama on Dish Network. I dont remember the channel, but oddly I think it was "Obama" in the guide. I enjoyed it. Michelle commented at one point that when she heard he was coming to work where she worked, she said "barak obama---who names their kid barak obama" and how their first date was going out for ice cream.

I hope there is never a scandal about their marriage. They seem like such a great couple.

Quote:
Originally Posted by camping! View Post
Michelle obama is not running for vpotus. Palin is. To continue to compare the two - one a wife of a candidate and the other an actual candidate, is dismissive and unfair. I mean, had the primaries gone differently, would you have compared hillary to cindy mccain?
I agree with this. The two are being compared only becuase they are women. There have not been comparisons between Palin's husband and Barak Obama. It's like apples and oranges.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDubsMom View Post
The childish ignorance and venom in this statement is indicative of the low mentality and caliber of the McCain/Palin's voting block. It further serves to reiterate the reason that come November 4th, rednecked politics in America will no longer be the acceptable norm.
Couldn't rep you again, don't remember when I did before, but have to spread some more around...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mamama Mia View Post
Off to find a link to the article...
The Obama children have been raised by a nanny.
did you find it?

Quote:

Last night:

You forgot the last part:
Me: GET over. Shove.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections