Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-26-2008, 08:00 AM

479 posts, read 661,353 times

Advertisements

I can't wait until Nobama wins. His election will mean I can quit my job and expect a check in the mail each month.

It will be hard for me to learn that staying at home, not pulling my weight and otherwise being a drain on society is the way of the future but what the heck I am willing to give it a try.

Luckily we have all these fine Democrats on board who have done a fine job of showing us hardworking Americans how to get something for nothing.

Just think, every week is a week of leisure, no more commutes to work. No stress trying to pay the bills. Nobama will be there to take care of me.

I will say I am a little worried that Nobama will turn over the US to the UN but why should I care as long as I get my handout, er, check.

Old 10-26-2008, 08:10 AM

425 posts, read 1,093,669 times
Gee, we agree on something. I can't wait for Obama to win either. It would mean I might actually not get laid off.

If people like you would look past the end of your nose, you would see that the whole world is watching and waiting to see if this country is going to make the same colossal screw-up it did in 2004. If McCain somehow wins, you will see companies just go ahead and start cancelling orders left and right and the layoffs will come fast and furious right before Christmas. My company (headquartered in Europe) will be one of them.

And do you think your buddy John McCain will care? Think again.

Old 10-26-2008, 08:12 AM

3,758 posts, read 8,445,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellie C. View Post
Gee, we agree on something. I can't wait for Obama to win either. It would mean I might actually not get laid off.

If people like you would look past the end of your nose, you would see that the whole world is watching and waiting to see if this country is going to make the same colossal screw-up it did in 2004. If McCain somehow wins, you will see companies just go ahead and start cancelling orders left and right and the layoffs will come fast and furious right before Christmas. My company (headquartered in Europe) will be one of them.

Old 10-26-2008, 08:20 AM

16,259 posts, read 24,782,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridgewalker View Post
I can't wait until Nobama wins. His election will mean I can quit my job and expect a check in the mail each month.

It will be hard for me to learn that staying at home, not pulling my weight and otherwise being a drain on society is the way of the future but what the heck I am willing to give it a try.

Luckily we have all these fine Democrats on board who have done a fine job of showing us hardworking Americans how to get something for nothing.

Just think, every week is a week of leisure, no more commutes to work. No stress trying to pay the bills. Nobama will be there to take care of me.

I will say I am a little worried that Nobama will turn over the US to the UN but why should I care as long as I get my handout, er, check.
People are not asking for something for nothing. People work hard in this country every Gawddamn day of the week only to see their wages not keeping up, their living standards falling, their health care benefits being cut and their kids not being able to afford college anymore. That is even assuming they have a job that has not been shiped off to child labour in China by the robber barron class.
This while the CEOs of the companies they work for get richer and richer and the Wall Street tycoons take more and more of the nation's economy. We need to empower the working people in this country to grow the middle class again. Nobody is asking for something for nothing. People are asking for fairness.

Old 10-26-2008, 08:23 AM

11,360 posts, read 16,727,044 times
Quote:

If you think Obama or even McCain might guarantee a job then you're a fool.

Old 10-26-2008, 08:29 AM

1,768 posts, read 3,415,717 times
Quote:

If you have any funds in a 401K/403B or some such, be sure to close that account (pay early withdrawal penalties if need be) before you quit -- the sooner you quite, the better. Obama plans to nationalize all 401Ks along with the banks (You did see today's headlines in the paper, didn't you?), so he will be giving your 401K money to all of those poor dope dealers and crack head mamas who did not have their own retirement plans.

Old 10-26-2008, 08:32 AM

Quote:
ROTFLMAO. I would not guarantee that you wouldn't get laid off, BUT I can pretty much assure you that the Obama regime will get you laid on.

Last edited by Rosinante; 10-26-2008 at 08:37 AM.. Reason: clarification

Old 10-26-2008, 08:34 AM

68,335 posts, read 54,455,929 times
Quote:

Maybe you can go back to school.

Old 10-26-2008, 08:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevK View Post
People are not asking for something for nothing. People work hard in this country every Gawddamn day of the week only to see their wages not keeping up, their living standards falling, their health care benefits being cut and their kids not being able to afford college anymore. That is even assuming they have a job that has not been shiped off to child labour in China by the robber barron class.
This while the CEOs of the companies they work for get richer and richer and the Wall Street tycoons take more and more of the nation's economy. We need to empower the working people in this country to grow the middle class again. Nobody is asking for something for nothing. People are asking for fairness.
Amazing how naive this poster is! this is just incredible.

Old 10-26-2008, 08:40 AM

4,242 posts, read 8,780,497 times
Silly. Since Obama is communist, that means we'll all have to work in the rice paddies all day. Also, since he's Muslim, we'll have to all wear turbans while doing it. Don't you people know ANYTHING?!?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.