Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-26-2008, 01:51 PM

31,685 posts, read 41,080,669 times

Advertisements

Is Arzona abut to become another giving McCain heartburn?
Could McCain Lose His Home State?
Democrats are circulating a poll showing Sen. John McCain (R-Ariz.) losing ground in his own state, an ominous sign for his beleaguered campaign as state after state turns blues.

when will the bleeding stop for John?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-26-2008, 01:58 PM

12,642 posts, read 15,617,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TuborgP View Post
Is Arzona abut to become another giving McCain heartburn?
Could McCain Lose His Home State?
Democrats are circulating a poll showing Sen. John McCain (R-Ariz.) losing ground in his own state, an ominous sign for his beleaguered campaign as state after state turns blues.

when will the bleeding stop for John?
I posted a poll some time ago which was done in the more populous areas of Arizona. The Senator was indeed only barely ahead and the poll indicated at the time, the Senator could lose his own State. The defense at the time was so what, it happens.

Old 10-26-2008, 04:13 PM

15,402 posts, read 28,972,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by walidm View Post
I posted a poll some time ago which was done in the more populous areas of Arizona. The Senator was indeed only barely ahead and the poll indicated at the time, the Senator could lose his own State. The defense at the time was so what, it happens.
McCain might lose his own state. Palin doesn't get the support of the biggest newspaper in Alaska. Amazing!

Old 10-26-2008, 04:18 PM

1,989 posts, read 4,469,154 times
For McCain's sake, I honestly would like him to win Arizona. He really did serve the country and his state well for quite a long time, it'd be a shame if they rejected him.

That said, I think it would be better for the GOP and country if Arizona went to Obama.

It would further highlight America's disgust with the politics of divisiveness so we could get back to two parties talking about issues like size/type of government, foreign policy, defense policy, fiscal policies, etc.

Old 10-26-2008, 04:43 PM

2,654 posts, read 5,767,787 times
Arizona will go to McCain, hands down. I think even suggesting or debating it might lean to Obama is empty hopes and dreams.

Old 10-26-2008, 04:51 PM

8,489 posts, read 20,666,720 times
Wow, a poll done by Democrats shows that a Obama gained a little ground.

Shocking!!!!

Old 10-26-2008, 05:09 PM

3,088 posts, read 5,360,793 times
Hmmm, I expect McCain to win Arizona. . . but it's interesting, driving around Phoenix these past couple of weeks. There are a few McCain bumper stickers out there. . . perhaps not quite as many as the Obama stickers, but NOTHING LIKE IN FORMER YEARS, when it was obvious that AZ was solidly a republican state! Ditto with yard signs. . . a few for McCain, a few more for Obama. Note, this is not an official count, just my observations. I live in a suburban (and wealthy) area of town. Only 2 political signs on my street, both for Obama. So, although I do not expect Az to "turn blue" this time, I will be intrested to see how the vote breaks down. . . I'm thinking in the area of 51 / 49, and would be delighted if I was wrong, and many more folks are voting for Obama than can be expected from past performance.

Old 10-26-2008, 05:12 PM

5,969 posts, read 9,578,073 times
McCain will offcourse win Arizona, along with FL, PA, and OH. Don't say I did not warn you.

Old 10-26-2008, 05:45 PM

2,153 posts, read 5,542,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by normie View Post
McCain might lose his own state. Palin doesn't get the support of the biggest newspaper in Alaska. Amazing!

How many times can we say this. PALIN IS NOT RUNNING FOR PRESIDENT!!! Why would they support Palin? McCain, the person who would ACTUALLY be President, is a dog. He came from out of nowhere in the primaries and now the country is seeing why he was never considered a contender for the Republican throne.

Let's all say this together. PALIN is NOT THE PROBLEM. The candidate is.

Old 10-26-2008, 05:50 PM

21,353 posts, read 8,458,507 times
Great post Mike P and Daily Journalist. I like how the left is already lickin' their chops... I've seen more Obama signs here in the New England area, but this corner of the earth leans heavily blue, so it's not all that surprising. Also, people who lean red are a lot less likely to advertise the fact. They just get up and go to work and do their jobs, then go vote on election day. In 35 years of voting, I've never been polled for my opinion, so I always doubt these poll results. They've been wrong a lot more than once!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections