Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-26-2008, 09:45 PM

26 posts, read 14,001 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by teatime View Post
It doesn't take a "chosen one" to see exactly what's wrong with electing Obama as a leader. I'm not a Catholic but even the Catholic Church made its feelings known on the subject. If you choose to ignore everything, well, you've got free will.
The Catholic Church that protected priests that were molesting children for years? And have you been to Vatican City? Not exactly modeling how Jesus lived his life. But the Catholic Church is against the death penalty, so that is something, I suppose.

(And yes, I'm Catholic.)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-26-2008, 09:45 PM

568 posts, read 1,479,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muhnay View Post
God help us is Obama is Elected.. may we live though the next 4 years to regret it.

Shut up, we have lost more rights under Bushy Jr, than at any point in American history. How dare you try to make Obama out to be the bad guy when John McCain has flip flopped on every position he once held to become Mini Bushy the 3rd.

Old 10-26-2008, 09:46 PM

2,016 posts, read 5,586,421 times
Gore 2000 Kerry 2004 Nobama 2008!

Old 10-26-2008, 09:49 PM

1,535 posts, read 2,064,230 times
Quote:
God help us is Obama is Elected.. may we live though the next 4 years to regret it.
I suspect that God couldn't care less, one way or another.

Old 10-26-2008, 09:49 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,168,874 times
Quote:
My, my, what an anti-American thing to say

Old 10-26-2008, 09:50 PM

Quote:
Your going to choke on those words. And I will laugh in your face as you turn blue.
Gee, is that what your "god" preaches???

Old 10-26-2008, 09:50 PM

26 posts, read 14,001 times
Quote:
Hate? Nope, pity. LOTS of pity. And what's so "unChristian" about addressing those who insist they don't believe in God? How are they going to get spiritual comfort if they don't?
No one in a preceding post stated they didn't believe in God when you stated, "God give us free will. He tries to guide us but, unfortunately, many do not listen. If the majority chooses Obama, God will be there for all who call on Him to help them through the hardship that comes through poor choices. Heh, I guess godless libs will suffer AND lack spiritual comfort if they succeed in ruining this country. Oh, well!"

And even if they had, "oh well" isn't spiritual comfort. It's pride, and that's a cardinal sin.

Old 10-26-2008, 09:54 PM

Quote:
God give us free will. He tries to guide us but, unfortunately, many do not listen. If the majority chooses Obama, God will be there for all who call on Him to help them through the hardship that comes through poor choices. Heh, I guess godless libs will suffer AND lack spiritual comfort if they succeed in ruining this country. Oh, well!
"""there for all who call on Him to help them through the hardship ""

I thought you repubs were so "pull yourselves up by your bootstraps" independent???? Relied on yourselves???

Old 10-26-2008, 09:56 PM

Quote:
Hate? Nope, pity. LOTS of pity. And what's so "unChristian" about addressing those who insist they don't believe in God? How are they going to get spiritual comfort if they don't?
Maybe we're not so WEAK we need it....

Old 10-26-2008, 10:04 PM

307 posts, read 715,962 times
Quote:
So chosen or not you are sticking to your theory that YOU know what god's will is and you are so special that you have it right and the rest of us are wrong and need your pity, LOTS of pity.

And uh whoever said they don't believe in God? I guess if we are voting for Obama it means we don't believe in God? Good job showing your judgemental BS....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections