Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-31-2008, 03:59 PM

4,183 posts, read 6,530,430 times

Advertisements

I am pleased to read this article Dems sketch Obama staff, Cabinet - Mike Allen - Politico.com about Obama's possible cabinet composition. I am pleased to see that many of those being considered are veterans from the Clinton administration. The Clinton era was a prosperous time. Despite having been a Republican at that time, I was actually quite pleased with the wealth creation that occurred and the growth my stock portfolio experienced under Bill Clinton. While I am no fan of Hillary Clinton, I think a return to Bill Clinton's economic steerage will be a good thing for this country and Obama being the smart man he is understands this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-31-2008, 04:34 PM

7,730 posts, read 14,175,599 times
Is he thinking of replacing Bernanke at the Fed? I don't think Greenspan has such a good reputation these days.

Old 11-01-2008, 11:37 PM

207 posts, read 280,116 times
Default Bo's cabinet

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndfmnlf View Post
I am pleased to read this article Dems sketch Obama staff, Cabinet - Mike Allen - Politico.com about Obama's possible cabinet composition. I am pleased to see that many of those being considered are veterans from the Clinton administration. The Clinton era was a prosperous time. Despite having been a Republican at that time, I was actually quite pleased with the wealth creation that occurred and the growth my stock portfolio experienced under Bill Clinton. While I am no fan of Hillary Clinton, I think a return to Bill Clinton's economic steerage will be a good thing for this country and Obama being the smart man he is understands this.
I think this is what it may look like:
President
“The One” - BO
Vice President
Joe “The Gaff” Biden
Attorney General
“The Other One” – Michelle Obama
Secretary of Agriculture
Oprah
Secretary of Commerce
Tony Rezko
Secretary of Defense
Bill Ayers
Secretary of Education
Bernardine Dohrn
Secretary of Energy
Position eliminated since we aren’t drilling any time soon.
Secretary of Health
and Human Services

Larry Sinclair
Secretary of Homeland Security
Rashid Khalidi
Secretary of Housing
and Urban Development

Rev. Meeks
Secretary of the Interior
Chris Matthews
Secretary of Labor
Hillary Clinton
Secretary of State
Rev. Wright
Secretary of Transportation
Colin Powell
Secretary of the Treasury
Rev. Ferrakhan
Secretary of Veterans Affairs
Position eliminated – Democrats don’t care.

Old 11-01-2008, 11:42 PM

3,079 posts, read 3,126,671 times
Default Obama/Biden 08

Quote:
Originally Posted by independent thinker View Post
President
“The One” - BO
Vice President
Joe “The Gaff” Biden
Attorney General
Secretary of Agriculture
Oprah
Secretary of Commerce
Tony Rezko
Secretary of Defense
Bill Ayers
Secretary of Education
Bernardine Dohrn
Secretary of Energy
Secretary of Health
and Human Services

Larry Sinclair
Rashid Khalidi
Secretary of Housing
and Urban Development

Rev. Meeks
Chris Matthews
Secretary of Labor
Hillary Clinton
Secretary of State
Rev. Wright
Colin Powell
Rev. Ferrakhan
Great Post......NOT

Obama has enough republican support to fill all his cabinet posts' if he wanted.....Trying posting something intelligent next time...

Old 11-01-2008, 11:47 PM

615 posts, read 1,174,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingtodd View Post
Great Post......NOT

Obama has enough republican support to fill all his cabinet posts' if he wanted.....Trying posting something intelligent next time...
Actually it was a great post, i spray a mouth full of water
all over my monitor as i read this post. LOL

Old 11-01-2008, 11:50 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,905,047 times
None of these predictions ever come true. Just look at all the speculation over who would be the VP picks.

Old 11-01-2008, 11:54 PM

20,460 posts, read 26,360,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by independent thinker View Post
President
“The One” - BO
Vice President
Joe “The Gaff” Biden
Attorney General
Secretary of Agriculture
Oprah
Secretary of Commerce
Tony Rezko
Secretary of Defense
Bill Ayers
Secretary of Education
Bernardine Dohrn
Secretary of Energy
Secretary of Health
and Human Services

Larry Sinclair
Rashid Khalidi
Secretary of Housing
and Urban Development

Rev. Meeks
Chris Matthews
Secretary of Labor
Hillary Clinton
Secretary of State
Rev. Wright
Colin Powell
Rev. Ferrakhan
Man! Are YOU in for a disappointment.

Ken

Old 11-02-2008, 12:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingtodd View Post
Great Post......NOT

I DID post something intelligent, try reading it.

Old 11-02-2008, 12:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordBalfor View Post
Man! Are YOU in for a disappointment.

Ken
Ahhhh. You mean to tell me that Obama's cabinet could be even worse??

Old 11-02-2008, 12:11 AM

7,359 posts, read 10,288,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ndfmnlf View Post

Thanks for posting this. In the event that Obama wins:

Samantha Power as National Security Advisor would be a very, very bad choice. The woman is a loose cannon, and doesn't really have the education to serve in that capacity: she's trained as a journalist. Further, she has a reputation of being a NIGHTMARE to work with. She would be better as Director of State Dept. Policy Planning--if they must put her somewhere. Her partner, Cass Sunstein just moved from the University of Chicago's School of Law to Harvard Law School, as a professor. He would be okay as a Supreme Court nominee, but Elena Kagan would be better (she has less of an ego problem). Both of them will have some kind of position, I'm sure. They're a power couple at Harvard, and have been sucking up to Obama for a long time now.

Deval Patrick as Attorney General or Supreme Court nominee--NOT a good idea, imo. No backbone. His record as Governor of MA has been tepid, at best.

Bill Richardson as Secretary of State NOT a good idea. Nice guy, but not the brightest. I'd much prefer Kerry or Lugar.

Schwarzenegger as Secretary of Energy: Oddly, he might work out. He's totally committed to alternative energy development.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections