Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-01-2008, 03:22 PM

1,050 posts, read 1,934,360 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous Political Junky View Post
This is really scary and shows the lack of any cognitive thinking skills whatsoever. This woman really thinks that as long as she votes for Obama that she will no longer have to pay her car loan or her home morgtage. This is what is out there people, hoardes of people who want freebies and nothing else. They also are people who nothing about which they speak.
This does not describe ANY "typical" Florida Obama supporters I know. And I know quite a few

I do, however, agree with you that there are people who know nothing about which they speak. They are the ones that make blatantly ignorant claims/statements.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-01-2008, 03:22 PM

1,902 posts, read 2,474,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by decembergirl View Post
What I don't understand is why we won't bail out our fellow Americans who are overstretched but we bailed out the corporations who helped overstretch them? Why did the CEO's who oversaw this financial disaster get their golden parachutes? Why help out the corporations and not the people? That is what I don't understand.

Heck, I would fully support having to have an IQ test before taking out a mortgage, or having children, or even voting (which would clear out stupidity on both parties) but that wouldn't be right would it? Maybe right to me, but not right to impose on others.

The bailout was a bad idea but bailing out anyone who tried to play the system is not the answer. There used to be a test to get a mortgage, it was called qualifying but people like barney frank, chris dodd to name a few did away with it.

I knew the gubmint was not serious about solving the banking problem when they didn't change the reasons we got into it. They did the only thing they know how to do and that's through more money at it and hope for the best. When it doesn't work, they tell us how the other party screwed it up. And people are praying for the day they take over our healthcare.

Old 11-01-2008, 03:24 PM

7,993 posts, read 12,899,815 times
Quote:
This is really scary and shows the lack of any cognitive thinking skills whatsoever. This woman really thinks that as long as she votes for Obama that she will no longer have to pay her car loan or her home morgtage. This is what is out there people, hoardes of people who want freebies and nothing else. They also are people who nothing about which they speak.

YouTube - BRAINWASHED OBAMA Supporter... This is CRAZY!!!

What an idiot! She thinks she won't have to worry about her car or mortgage????? Please. Can anyone say WELFARE STATE???? Obama is really pulling in the poor, welfare vote because they think he is easy money for them.

Old 11-01-2008, 03:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by coastalrap View Post
It's bush's fault? you have no control of your life, no wonder you need the gubmint to run it for you. Take care of alll your little problems.
Exxon is a great example to follow. They manage to make record proffit even as oil/barrel reaches record high. Everyone should be like Exxon and take control of their life.

Old 11-01-2008, 03:26 PM

4,066 posts, read 2,282,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kentuckydad95 View Post
I supposed you never cashed your stimulus check???
Are you kidding me? You really equate stimulus check to being on welfare????

Old 11-01-2008, 03:34 PM

Quote:
I am 31, have had the same job for the past 11 years, have a house, two cars, a wife and a child. I voted for Bush TWICE and have less money now than ever before, while having the same amount of bills. Now you figure that one out.
Quote:
Originally Posted by coastalrap View Post
It's bush's fault? you have no control of your life, no wonder you need the gubmint to run it for you. Take care of alll your little problems.
Considering under Clinton there WAS NO tax cut and yet we still had more money. Why?

1. We weren't in 2 wars.
2. We where giving big companies tax cuts to ship good jobs overseas
3. We didn't let price of oil get out of control

So the answer is yes. It is Bush's fault. Bush, like McCain, does not have the ability to understand an issue to act wisely and for the long term. They just listen to their special interest lobbyist advisors. The special interest line their pockets while we reap the consequences down the line (see $/barrel oil and TRILLON $$ bailout)

Old 11-01-2008, 03:36 PM

1,902 posts, read 2,474,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hero View Post
Exxon is a great example to follow. They manage to make record proffit even as oil/barrel reaches record high. Everyone should be like Exxon and take control of their life.

How much would you like to see exxon to make out of a $1 income?

Old 11-01-2008, 03:37 PM

1,881 posts, read 2,691,011 times
What about the black man who spit on the elderly lady in Orlando.

When someone come to her rescue what did they do, spit on him to.

These morons should not be allowed to vote.

When Obama loses this election it will end the dem partys control and Obamas career will be over.

All because he was finally exposed and his followers who act like total idiots.

Old 11-01-2008, 03:37 PM

2,865 posts, read 9,386,731 times
Quote:
I supposed you never cashed your stimulus check???
I did not get one. We were over the Income limit. Its only the Obama supporters that don't work that want these handouts.

Diane G

Old 11-01-2008, 03:38 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,199,148 times
Quote:
You are right. The difference in the McCain supporters is that they don't expect freebies to be given to them. Some of them may be racist and uneducated or flat out ignorant, but they don't expect someone to pay for their bills like that Obama supporter and so many other Obama supporters that I have talked with over the months.

So all those Wall Street bankers that BOTH Republicans and Democrats gave a 800 Billion dollar hand out to are ALL Obama supporters?

I think you'll find that's not true.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections