Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-01-2008, 03:38 PM

1,902 posts, read 2,472,767 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hero View Post
Considering under Clinton there WAS NO tax cut and yet we still had more money. Why?

1. We weren't in 2 wars.
2. We where giving big companies tax cuts to ship good jobs overseas
3. We didn't let price of oil get out of control

So the answer is yes. It is Bush's fault. Bush, like McCain, does not have the ability to understand an issue to act wisely and for the long term. They just listen to their special interest lobbyist advisors. The special interest line their pockets while we reap the consequences down the line (see $/barrel oil and TRILLON $$ bailout)

Oh, so that's why she couldn't make more money in 8 years, got it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-01-2008, 03:39 PM

703 posts, read 857,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous Political Junky View Post
I paid taxes. Did you? yeah, another strawman that was stupid, to say the least.
So then you answer with a straw man of your own!

Old 11-01-2008, 03:42 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,188,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by decembergirl View Post
What I don't understand is why we won't bail out our fellow Americans who are overstretched but we bailed out the corporations who helped overstretch them? Why did the CEO's who oversaw this financial disaster get their golden parachutes? Why help out the corporations and not the people? That is what I don't understand.

Heck, I would fully support having to have an IQ test before taking out a mortgage, or having children, or even voting (which would clear out stupidity on both parties) but that wouldn't be right would it? Maybe right to me, but not right to impose on others.
Ya know, we just have to quit mentioning that HUGE BILLIONS OF DOLLARS of OUR TAX money that the WHOLE government gave the wealthiest Americans.....the repubs get so QUIET whenever it's brought up.

Old 11-01-2008, 03:47 PM

1,902 posts, read 2,472,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
Ya know, we just have to quit mentioning that HUGE BILLIONS OF DOLLARS of OUR TAX money that the WHOLE government gave the wealthiest Americans.....the repubs get so QUIET whenever it's brought up.

Please explain how they were "given" money? Oh, and please define what you mean by wealthy

Old 11-01-2008, 03:50 PM

5,376 posts, read 5,356,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous Political Junky View Post
This is really scary and shows the lack of any cognitive thinking skills whatsoever. This woman really thinks that as long as she votes for Obama that she will no longer have to pay her car loan or her home morgtage. This is what is out there people, hoardes of people who want freebies and nothing else. They also are people who nothing about which they speak.

YouTube - BRAINWASHED OBAMA Supporter... This is CRAZY!!!
If she was a McCain supporter saying the exact same thing, you would interpret it as, With my candidate, things are going to get better, and i wont have to worry about keeping my job, my kids in school and paying my bills.

So I will take it, that is what she meant, that things are going to get better, since the youtube hack was edited from a longer news piece, and we don't know all of what she said.

Old 11-01-2008, 03:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by coastalrap View Post
Please explain how they were "given" money? Oh, and please define what you mean by wealthy
EXCUUUUSSE ME!

You haven't heard of the BAIL OUT ???

My gawd! What planet have you been on?

Old 11-01-2008, 03:59 PM

1,050 posts, read 1,933,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coastalrap View Post
How much would you like to see exxon to make out of a $1 income?
I'd love to see exxon or any US company make all of the $1 income. There's nothing with making money. But there is something wrong when it's made off the backs of the middle class.

What % of the family income is spent gas and food now compared to 8 years ago?

Old 11-01-2008, 04:00 PM

9,249 posts, read 26,733,294 times
Wasn't the bail out bill written by the Dems?

Old 11-01-2008, 04:06 PM

1,881 posts, read 2,689,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by love roses View Post
Wasn't the bail out bill written by the Dems?

Written by the dems and of course they add PORK to everything they do.

Just like the stimulous checks, they stalled it out and sucked it down until even the loser welfare types got money, stealing even from us who work and pay taxes.

This bailout was done because of three people Dodd, Frank and Obama. All loons.

Obama One of Leading Recipients of Fannie/Freddie Political Contributions (Wizbang)

Old 11-01-2008, 04:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by love roses View Post
wasn't the bail out bill written by the dems?
a n d the republicans!!!!!!!!!!!!together!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections