Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-03-2008, 10:09 AM

18,359 posts, read 26,530,084 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asheville Native View Post
Fear makes people really really stupid. Kinda sad
Excessive faith in leaders promising the world in rough economic periods makes people do stupid things. Happened in 1933.

Old 11-03-2008, 10:11 AM

395 posts, read 511,467 times
Obama is very arrogant and McCain is very dillusional.

Old 11-03-2008, 10:12 AM

16,579 posts, read 20,737,166 times
Quote:
It's all been posted here before, and no, it wasn't from the enquirer. His mother? He did nothing. Absolutely nothing. Compare that with what he said on his 30 mins infomercial.
How could you possible know what he did or did not do for his mother? Unless you're personal friends with the family, you read it somewhere. And it's probably the same place you read about the Whitey tape Michelle ordering caviar for room service and blah blah blah.

Personally, if I have to pick a crackpot theory to explain Barack Obama, I prefer "The Hypnotist."

Old 11-03-2008, 10:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlow View Post
How do you get "fascist" from this? Or "thirsty for power and control over others who won't tolerate dissent?"

Do you like this better?

Politician X will encourage you to be lazy and cynical and to engage in divisive political maneuvering. He wants you to worry only about yourself, never challenge yourself and continue to be uninvolved and uninformed. You won't ever be asked to think for yourself, or try to make our country better. Just keep watching television and Politician X will take care of everything for you.

Is that the kind of politician who would appeal to you?
Read some old fascists' speeches and writings. All kinds of warnings here that should set alarms off:

"Barack Obama will require you to work*. He is going to demand that you shed your cynicism. That you put down your divisions. That you come out of your isolation and that you move out of your comfort zone. That you push yourselves to be better. And that you engage. Barack will never allow you to go back to your lives as usual – uninvolved, uninformed – you have to stay at the seat at the table of democracy with a man like Barack Obama not just on Tuesday but in a year from now, in four years from now, in eights years from now, you will have to be engaged."

*reference to his service program likely

Demand we shed cynicism towards our leaders and government? That's the very basis for our system. That we don't have blind trust in leaders and the government. Healthy cynicism towards both protects freedom as history shows us lacking such cyncism inevitably leads to a lack thereof.

Second, demanding we put down divisions...in other words, we must only follow him. Dissent not wanted.

And lastly, the last bolded section screams of a totalitarian, power-thirsty dictator. Never allow us? Where does he come off "never allowing" us.

Sorry, too many warning signs of someone potentially dangerous to our liberty. Do yourself a favor and question people like Obama.

Old 11-03-2008, 10:17 AM

11,523 posts, read 14,678,206 times
The fear mongering is staggering. There's not much else to say I guess. People believe what they want.

Old 11-03-2008, 10:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlow View Post
How could you possible know what he did or did not do for his mother? Unless you're personal friends with the family, you read it somewhere. And it's probably the same place you read about the Whitey tape Michelle ordering caviar for room service and blah blah blah.

Personally, if I have to pick a crackpot theory to explain Barack Obama, I prefer "The Hypnotist."
The American Spectator : AmSpecBlog : Obama Lies on Dying (?)

Contradictory statements from Obama on his mother.

Old 11-03-2008, 10:26 AM

16,579 posts, read 20,737,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arctichomesteader View Post
Read some old fascists' speeches and writings. All kinds of warnings here that should set alarms off:

"Barack Obama will require you to work*. He is going to demand that you shed your cynicism. That you put down your divisions. That you come out of your isolation and that you move out of your comfort zone. That you push yourselves to be better. And that you engage. Barack will never allow you to go back to your lives as usual – uninvolved, uninformed – you have to stay at the seat at the table of democracy with a man like Barack Obama not just on Tuesday but in a year from now, in four years from now, in eights years from now, you will have to be engaged."

*reference to his service program likely

Demand we shed cynicism towards our leaders and government? That's the very basis for our system. That we don't have blind trust in leaders and the government. Healthy cynicism towards both protects freedom as history shows us lacking such cyncism inevitably leads to a lack thereof.

Second, demanding we put down divisions...in other words, we must only follow him. Dissent not wanted.

And lastly, the last bolded section screams of a totalitarian, power-thirsty dictator. Never allow us? Where does he come off "never allowing" us.

Sorry, too many warning signs of someone potentially dangerous to our liberty. Do yourself a favor and question people like Obama.
Are you trolling, or can you not see that Michelle was talking about how (it is her belief) that Obama will inspire (not require) people to work hard alongside their fellow Americans to make the United States a better place? Are you so wed to your bitterness and hate that you can't see that?

Old 11-03-2008, 10:30 AM

5,094 posts, read 5,446,175 times
I would not compare even Obama to Hitler. I do however think that Obama cares more about the status and power he will have then he does about the Country. He loves being the center of attention and he seems very full of himself to me anyway. He wants the power nothing more.

Old 11-03-2008, 10:31 AM

4,242 posts, read 8,783,197 times
People who keep bumping up their own retarded thread have narcissistic personality disorder.

Old 11-03-2008, 10:34 AM

808 posts, read 1,150,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJon3475 View Post
Narcissistic Personality Disorder at a Glance

(1) has a grandiose sense of self-importance (e.g., exaggerates achievements and talents, expects to be recognized as superior without commensurate achievements) *wrote autobiography at 27*
(2) is preoccupied with fantasies of unlimited success, power, brilliance, beauty, or ideal love *from kindergarten he was telling people he was going to be president*
(3) believes that he or she is "special" and unique and can only be understood by, or should associate with, other special or high-status people (or institutions) *Harvard Grad who thinks the people don't like him cause we aren't used to him being what we see*
(4) requires excessive admiration *Obvious but absolutely hates to be contradicted or looked at unfavorably....ie...I'm not going to take your guns (then when everyone looked suspicious) and then even if I wanted to blurted out of his mouth as to try and appease the crowd*
(5) has a sense of entitlement, i.e., unreasonable expectations of especially favorable treatment or automatic compliance with his or her expectations *MSM has feed him nicely with this one*
(6) is interpersonally exploitative, i.e., takes advantage of others to achieve his or her own ends *look under the bus*
(7) lacks empathy: is unwilling to recognize or identify with the feelings and needs of others *Yet to see*
(8) is often envious of others or believes that others are envious of him or her **
(9) shows arrogant, haughty behaviors or attitudes *big dummy*
Okay...I am actually a full time Psychology student who happens to study this stuff. My advice to you would be to not give up your day job. You have absolutely no clue what you are talking about. What is ironic is that it's actually McCain whose behavior better fits Narcissistic Personality Disorder. Palin fits it even better, though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.