Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-03-2008, 12:37 PM

78 posts, read 97,788 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomDot View Post
You have been able to look beyond Barack Obama's 20 year attendance at radical anti-semite, anti-american, and anti white Jeremiah Wright's Church of Hate and see something that has escaped me.
You are truly bigger people than I.
The something that I see is that he was there to follow the bible. Many will be built on the sand it says however I don't see anywhere that it says that would should help it sink.

If his views are in line with what you are worried about it will sink. I'm not going to indict him for loving God. He went there for that purpose. not to see what the reverend had to say that week.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-03-2008, 12:40 PM

4,586 posts, read 5,493,310 times
Thanks..You can be open minnded if you want to..

One aspect of a man doesn't make the man...You ever heard somebody you love say something completely stupid? I'm sure you have..Did you immediately disown them (especially if you weren't there when he said those things)? I doubt it. You probably continued to love the parts of that person that you love..I know young adults that have overtly racist parents that still love them but disagree with their beliefs. I have friends that do things I don't agree with but they're still my friends except when they're doing that thing I don't like..If we exclude every person that we don't agree with from our lives, we'll all be hermits..

On a side note: Trying to assess the sayings of 55+ year old black man is difficult..The things he's seen and lived through were probably unimaginable to a person that has only been treated fairly by his/her country..Judge if you may but if you haven't walked in that person's shoes, you really don't know...Politically, Obama had to distance himself from Wright because so many like you deem a sound bight to be the totality of a man..Is John McCain a slimeball who cheated on his injured wife or is he a patriot..I'd say both because both things shaped who he is today for better or worse..We all got sh*t in our backgrounds which is why McCain deemed Wright off limits(he probably knew his transgressions would have come out).

Old 11-03-2008, 12:51 PM

1,229 posts, read 2,918,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by varangian View Post
No, we save that for Saudis who crash planes into buildings.
And say ''How did we let this happen ???...and what patient and good planners they are ????????????????????????????????????

Old 11-03-2008, 12:53 PM

1,229 posts, read 2,918,032 times
I say 3 generations of background checks for anybody who has the power to end the world!!! you dont like it ....tough!

Old 11-03-2008, 12:55 PM

9,399 posts, read 20,912,560 times
Quote:
You have been able to look beyond Barack Obama's 20 year attendance at radical anti-semite, anti-american, and anti white Jeremiah Wright's Church of Hate and see something that has escaped me.
You are truly bigger people than I.
I've concluded that these issues are unimportant to the left. The main priority has been, and will remain, entitlement programs, handouts, tax policy, etc. Who gets what. In other words, the antithesis of JFK's 1961 inaugural address. Getting something for nothing, in essence. It's akin to shoplifting from a grocery store, as far as I am concerned.

Old 11-03-2008, 01:03 PM

2,603 posts, read 4,858,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by varangian View Post
Must be horrifying, living in a world where fear rules.
I know.
The thing is, I never pegged Obama for a man who was ruled by fear.

Old 11-03-2008, 01:03 PM

1,490 posts, read 2,038,609 times
Default 20 years

Would you do anything for 20 years if you did not feel an affinity for it.

Me? No.

I've had marginal friendships I ditched after 2-3 years.

You.....2-3 years....or 20?

Why did Obama, married, chidren in the church, etc.

20 years? Explain if I'm not getting it.

And, a question. Did he feel easy with the "riding easy" re: doing it doggy style in front of his little girls. Yuck.

The pastor made fornicating movements on stage.

Nice church!

Waiting for a reply!

Old 11-03-2008, 01:04 PM

4,586 posts, read 5,493,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike0421 View Post
I've concluded that these issues are unimportant to the left. The main priority has been, and will remain, entitlement programs, handouts, tax policy, etc. Who gets what. In other words, the antithesis of JFK's 1961 inaugural address. Getting something for nothing, in essence. It's akin to shoplifting from a grocery store, as far as I am concerned.
Fortunately, most Americans don't care about your concerns. We care about America not about somebody's pastor..I see have conviently forgotten about Palin's witchdoctor.

Old 11-03-2008, 01:06 PM

2,603 posts, read 4,858,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Awesomo.2000 View Post
Jesus, you right wingers are going so far that this is just getting annoying, stupid, and silly.

HOw is he anti-American, anti-Jewish and all this other BS you claim.

Get real, and grow yourself a brain.

This is stupid thread number 1,987,567,254,876and counting on this forum.
Wow! That was a great imitation of Rev. Wright!

Old 11-03-2008, 01:06 PM

703 posts, read 857,887 times
Quote:
I know.
The thing is, I never pegged Obama for a man who was ruled by fear.
He isn't, unlike the chicken**** who ran to the officer's quarters as his fellow sailors burned to death.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections