Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-03-2008, 07:34 PM

26,639 posts, read 36,822,720 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Acorn
Freddie Mac
Ayers

Heck, what he took from Freddie alone is so beyond unethical it is scary.
Excuse me, but did I miss when this was investigated and proven by a legislative committee or any other legit entity? What ethics violations did anyone but the winger press find Obama guilty of?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-03-2008, 07:36 PM

7,730 posts, read 14,179,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbmouse View Post
Acorn
Freddie Mac
Ayers

Heck, what he took from Freddie alone is so beyond unethical it is scary.
And the investigations have concluded? Right. There haven't been any investigations either by the legislature or an independent investigator.

Here's how it goes,

Reality: The sky is blue
mouthbreather: The grass is green.
Reality: Maybe, but we are talking about the sky.
mouthbreather: ARE YOU DENYING THE GRASS IS GREEN!!!!!?!?!?!?

If you can't stay on topic, you are violating the Terms of Service. As a moderator, you should know better.

Now, Palin hand picked the members of this board. If that doesn't call their findings into question when the legislative investigation found that she did violate ethics laws, you really need to learn some critical thinking.

Old 11-03-2008, 07:39 PM

27,625 posts, read 21,163,614 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by georgia dem View Post
this was BS all along
she never did anything wrong
Yes, Palin walks on water. Oh yeah...only the frozen kind.

Old 11-03-2008, 07:45 PM

7,280 posts, read 21,345,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by paperhouse View Post
And the investigations have concluded? Right. There haven't been any investigations either by the legislature or an independent investigator.

Here's how it goes,

If you can't stay on topic, you are violating the Terms of Service. As a moderator, you should know better.

Now, Palin hand picked the members of this board. If that doesn't call their findings into question when the legislative investigation found that she did violate ethics laws, you really need to learn some critical thinking.
Excuse me? I was very much on topic, the topic is that Sara Pailin was cleared and found Innocent. I felt she deserved the credit where credit is due Others are the one who changed it to the ability and affiliations of the investigators. I believe it is correct, you don't. That is fine, we can agree to disagree. But I guess you feel the need to add insults.
Nice.

Old 11-03-2008, 07:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbmouse View Post
Excuse me? I was very much on topic, the topic is that Sara Pailin was cleared and found Innocent. I felt she deserved the credit where credit is due Others are the one who changed it to the ability and affiliations of the investigators. I believe it is correct, you don't. That is fine, we can agree to disagree. But I guess you feel the need to add insults.
Nice.
ACORN, Ayers and Obama have nothing to do with this, which you brought up. I never insulted you. I insulted your method of arguing this topic.

You can believe all you want that she's been cleared. She appointed those people to the panel. If you don't believe that there's a conflict of interest there, then you aren't being intellectually honest.

Old 11-03-2008, 07:51 PM

26,639 posts, read 36,822,720 times
Quote:
Others are the one who changed it to the ability and affiliations of the investigators
Others just pointed out that the Personnel Board in Alaska serves at the governor's pleasure. She can fire every one of them.

One of the things that's been frustrating on this board, for me, is the Google reality that I've seen my state subject to by people who have way less than a clue about it, and the main reason I'll be glad when this election is over.

But what I stated above happens to be a truth about the state that you really can find on Google.

Old 11-03-2008, 07:58 PM

20,303 posts, read 37,255,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metlakatla View Post
Sweet. I'm glad something's going well for her at last.

Pretty much so. We never expected anything else. The three person Personnel Board serves at the same "pleasure of the governor" that Walt Monegan did. She has the power to fire them.
Wrong. The Personnel Board of each State of the nation is independent of the governor, as well as every agency in the State. When a new governors steps-in, he or she can't replace members of the Personnel Board and replace them with members he or she may choose. Again, this is the same for every State in the nation.

Old 11-03-2008, 08:00 PM

4,814 posts, read 3,852,690 times
Quote:
ANCHORAGE, Alaska (AP) - A report has cleared Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin of ethics violations in the firing of her public safety commissioner.
Released Monday, the report says there is no probable cause to believe Palin or any other state official violated the Alaska Executive Ethics Act in connection with the firing. The report was prepared by Timothy Petumenos, an independent counsel for the Alaska Personnel Board.

Report clears Palin in Troopergate probe
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
heh.

703 posts, read 856,730 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by paperhouse View Post
Here's how it goes,

Beautiful and oh-so-deadly-accurate.!

I pointed this out to one by saying "straw man" and he flipped out -- thinking I was calling him a straw man.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayinAK View Post
Wrong. The Personnel Board of each State of the nation is independent of the governor, as well as every agency in the State. When a new governors steps-in, he or she can't replace members of the Personnel Board and replace them with members he or she may choose. Again, this is the same for every State in the nation.
DOP&LR : : Director´s Office Overview

Quote:
The Personnel Board, also created by the Personnel Act, is an independent agency composed of members appointed by the Governor. The Board hears complaints of Ethics Act (AS 39.52) violations brought against Executive Branch employees and disciplinary appeals from classified employees not covered by collective bargaining, approves amendments to the Personnel Rules and acts on recommendations for extensions of the partially exempt or classified services within the Executive Branch.

A list of board member can be found at the Office of Boards and Commissioners Roster. The Director of Personnel serves as the secretary to the Personnel Board.
You may be right, however, Palin did appoint the members of the current board.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections