Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-03-2008, 09:49 PM

2,258 posts, read 3,506,932 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AaronK View Post
No I will not take the high road. People who support abortion are evil and should be treated as such.
What kind of evil?

Like Vincent Price evil?

http://www.thelastoutpost.com/Portals/_TheLastOutpost/images/default/Vincent-Price.jpg (broken link)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-03-2008, 09:51 PM

7,359 posts, read 10,307,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankie117 View Post
Most McCain supporters know that it is mathematically impossible for him to win, therefore no "high road" is necessary. We aren't going to stoop to the 2000/Gore and 2004/Kerry election levels generating enough whine to fill several 55 gallon drums..
Yeah--and hey: Thanks so much for giving us Bush TWICE. What a gift.

Old 11-03-2008, 09:54 PM

Quote:
No I will not take the high road. People who support abortion are evil and should be treated as such.
Nobody "supports abortion." You just don't get to tell a young woman what she can and cannot do with her body. And you will NEVER get to do that. You want to control women's bodies? Move to the Middle East. Your theocracy should fit in fine over there.

Old 11-03-2008, 09:55 PM

722 posts, read 1,113,602 times
Quote:
Yup, that's what Jesus told us to do...in order to follow him, we should treat others like they are evil.

Old 11-03-2008, 09:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiRob View Post
well realize not all of us who support Obama are Democrats. I am though extremely liberal socially but somewhat of a fisical conservative (i.e. balanced budget anyone?). There is so much fear about Barack but I believe if he is elected he will govern from the center instead of the extreme left.

We can discuss the issues but it amazes me how many of you like Lieberman even though he does have one of the most liberal voting records in the Senate.
I think you're correct. Obama is a pretty moderate Democrat. I think he will be FAR more centrist than liberal--not even close to "extreme left." The guy is about as mainstream as it gets, politically.

Old 11-03-2008, 09:56 PM

3,079 posts, read 3,135,613 times
I will congratulate McCain if he wins and and offer his supporters kudo's for helping get him elected...

Old 11-03-2008, 09:57 PM

16,292 posts, read 28,635,234 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kooter View Post
Maybe for a week or so until Obama screws up, then Kattie bar the door...because all hell will break out. If you think Bush was disliked (hated), just wait! You ain't seen nothin' yet...
And when he doesn't? He's gone damn near 2 years under complete control in the run, this guy is for real. But after 8 years of phony worship it will take some of you years to recognize that.

And the plan to hate, hate, hate, hate, that really is all you poor misguided folk have isn't it, and what an absolutely self destructive prophecy for your outlook on life. Remember your words over the last 8 years about it being unpatriotic, and all the other BS to not support the president. Will you prove that to be simply hollow words born in your hatred?

I pity you, but only a tiny little bit

Old 11-03-2008, 09:58 PM

7,730 posts, read 14,211,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiRob View Post
well realize not all of us who support Obama are Democrats. I am though extremely liberal socially but somewhat of a fisical conservative (i.e. balanced budget anyone?). There is so much fear about Barack but I believe if he is elected he will govern from the center instead of the extreme left.

We can discuss the issues but it amazes me how many of you like Lieberman even though he does have one of the most liberal voting records in the Senate.
Obama will have to do that if he wants more than 1 term. The only thing Lieberman disagrees with the Democrats on is Iraq/war. Otherwise, he's a liberal.

Old 11-03-2008, 09:59 PM

1,881 posts, read 2,693,475 times
If Obama loses will you libs finally leave the country and stop destroying our constitution from within?
Please get ready to exit, the last boat is leaving soon. Get your belongings together because traitors like most libs are can be arrested for what you have done to this country.
Chavez can use some good help and I think we all know who would fit right in down there in hell.

Old 11-03-2008, 10:00 PM

7,730 posts, read 14,211,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by decembergirl View Post
Yup, that's what Jesus told us to do...in order to follow him, we should treat others like they are evil.
Don't forget to sell everything and give it to the poor. And throw the money changers out of the temple.

</Federal Reserve>
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections