Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-07-2008, 11:48 PM

1,544 posts, read 2,076,197 times

Advertisements

POSTED BY
Jeez
Tinley Park, IL
http://[domain blocked due to spam]/us/politi...67LLGR7JOTTGG4

Quote:
I was there at the Obama rally in Grant Park on election night. I had a ticket. What I saw there shocked me. The people who want us to drive electric cars littered all over the place. They made a mess of the park. There was no sense of patriotism. No one put their hand over their hearts for the pledge of allegiance or took their hats off... they made fun of the national anthem, the ministers prayer... the red states... rude statements about Sarah Palin... there were almost half a dozen near fistfights by me when people bumped into each other. All of the racist comments irritated me. There was no unity or sense of country. They just wanted to hear the messiah speak.

He took the stage alone. I've never seen a politician take the stage alone on election night. It was odd. He looked SCARED. He really did look scared. As if he didn't figure on winning but now wondered what in the heck he would do. He did not look presidential. He appeared weak.

For such an historic moment the applause was low, Obama never even had to pause for cheering or applause or adoration...the energy level was low... there was no celebration... no fireworks... no balloon drop or confetti. His speech was not at all inspiring. People left kind of quietly. It was a letdown after all of the build up.

I supported him from day one... that's how I got a ticket to the rally. Now I think I made the wrong choice in voting for him. I think the media over hyped him and he'll never live up to the expectations and he knows it.

Barack Obama is like those holograms they used on CNN election night... he is a creation of the media. Even he knows it. And maybe he is afraid everyone else is going to find out.

I fear for this nation. What have we done. Who have we chosen to lead us in these troubled times?
COME SEE THE VIDEOS FOR YOURSELF

YouTube - OBAMA ELECTION NIGHT RALLY-Pledge of Allegiance

YouTube - star spangled banner - obama election night @ grant park

YouTube - Part 1- Barack Obama Victory Speech Grant Park Chicago, IL

YouTube - Part 2- Barack Obama Victory Speech Grant Park Chicago, IL
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-07-2008, 11:56 PM

858 posts, read 2,236,713 times
The videos look great. I don't see what the fuss the writer was talking about.

Old 11-08-2008, 12:01 AM

2,311 posts, read 2,829,447 times
What the libs don't want anyone to see is at the end of the rally when the cams were off and the MSM were out celebrating the selection of their puppet the chosen one came back onto the stage and bite the head off of a live bald eagle and then urinated on the Alamo.

Old 11-08-2008, 12:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrJoey View Post
What the libs don't want anyone to see is at the end of the rally when the cams were off and the MSM were out celebrating the selection of their puppet the chosen one came back onto the stage and bite the head off of a live bald eagle and then urinated on the Alamo.
Joey, I thought you voted for Obama?????

http://209.85.173.104/search?q=cache...lnk&cd=1&gl=us

Old 11-08-2008, 12:25 AM

Quote:
Barack Obama is like those holograms they used on CNN election night... he is a creation of the media. Even he knows it. And maybe he is afraid everyone else is going to find out.
I think the mainstream media has just proven that they are the most powerful force in this universe. They can make people do anything at their will.

Old 11-08-2008, 01:11 AM

1,867 posts, read 4,079,052 times
LOL did we just watch the same videos? What's your complaint? They said the pledge of allegiance and they sung the national anthem. The crowd was totally excited. Obama looked confident and strong, not at all what that BS artist described. And where were all the near fights that the person described??

You are blind and only see what you and these fake people who claim they liked Obama until they saw him at the victory speech want to see. It must've been a biatch for the camera person to go to the rally just to try to find something wrong with it while everyone there was going crazy with excitement. The videos dont lie, you can turn down the sound on your crappy video all you want but we saw the big pan and we heard it with some decent equipment. The crowd was roaring with excitement, as they were in the street around here. I heard people shouting in happiness and excitement from inside my house. Do you really think we are that dopey as to see something that is not there just because of the BS written description?

Buddy, go put your tinfoil hat back on and everything'll be just fine..

Old 11-08-2008, 01:14 AM

196 posts, read 444,726 times
More BS. Yawn...

Old 11-08-2008, 05:40 AM

2,311 posts, read 2,829,447 times
You fail at satire.

Given your previous sky-is-falling, muslims run your libraries, shopping carts are the new illegal immigrants stance; You're inability to understand modern times isn't very surprising.

Let me be the first to welcome you to 2008. Barack Obama, a half white/half black, man will be your president. No matter how many stories you make up, you cannot escape reality. Worse yet, your next half black/half white president won by an electoral landslide.

So please continue to post trumped up lies because that made so many people rally against Obama over the last few months.

Old 11-08-2008, 06:11 AM

2,540 posts, read 3,735,558 times
I just wanted to respond to the 'no fireworks, no confetti, no baloons' comment on the article. All of those were scheduled initially. In fact, a few days before the election day FoxNews.com reported and mocked the scheduled fireworks extravaganza that's supposed to take place after Obama's speech as too cocky. Obama himself canceled the extravaganza at the last minute because he didn't think it's appropriate since this country's economic situation is not exactly in celebratory mood nowadays.

Sigh.... I guess it's damned if he did and damned if he didn't, and will always be that way.

Old 11-08-2008, 07:25 AM

POSTED BY DaJellyBelly

Quote:
I loved the look on some of the faces in Grant Park when Obummer told the crowd that THEY would have to make sacrifices. It was like "Wha, you were only supposed to tax the rich."
Obama selects Emanuel as top aide - [domain blocked due to spam]
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections