Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-08-2008, 04:59 PM

493 posts, read 717,696 times

Advertisements

It is totally UNSAFE to engage in political conversation with neighbors, especially if you are an Obama supporter living in a RED STATE!!!!!

My neighbor, I think just had all of this emotion pent up since Tuesday night and came over to talk about tulips with me, that she wanted to give me some and QUICKLY got onto the subject of the election. She knew that I was an Obama supporter ever since the primaries. She is a disaffected Hillary supporter ok... Anyways she was snipey and said

"I bet you're excited huh?.... Your guy won... uhhhh I dunno' but hey what can we do now... the people spoke."

Then I just said some positive things, no gloating here, but I said that we all needed to come together and he will need our help.

My GOD that just set it off, everything that she was holding in came out. She called me a name in my own house, brought me to tears, because this neighbor is a friend. My husband came down stairs let the dog out on her and I got upset with him, so he took the dog and locked her up and then confronted our neighbor and I mean the discussion was heated. I got nervous, sat in the living room.

They went back and forth for atleast 40 minutes, he was close to kicking her out when they began to talk about the war in Iraq. She said, we should just bomb them up, get what they owe us and get the hell out of there. " My husband is a very peaceful person and this turned him beat red. I never saw him this angry before and he was going to throw her out, but instead decided to educate her. I mean it was almost impossible, but he made a little headway and she just got to the point where she felt like crap and came and gave me a hug in tears for being so mean to me.

I still feel a little awful, but please be careful before engaging in political talk with McCain supporters who are deeply affected by the outcome... it's worse when the supporter was a disaffected Hillary voter too
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-08-2008, 05:03 PM

343 posts, read 510,570 times
All red states suck. Move to a good state.

Old 11-08-2008, 05:05 PM

7,184 posts, read 4,770,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xotik View Post
It is totally UNSAFE to engage in political conversation with neighbors, especially if you are an Obama supporter living in a RED STATE!!!!!

My neighbor, I think just had all of this emotion pent up since Tuesday night and came over to talk about tulips with me, that she wanted to give me some and QUICKLY got onto the subject of the election. She knew that I was an Obama supporter ever since the primaries. She is a disaffected Hillary supporter ok... Anyways she was snipey and said

"I bet you're excited huh?.... Your guy won... uhhhh I dunno' but hey what can we do now... the people spoke."

Then I just said some positive things, no gloating here, but I said that we all needed to come together and he will need our help.

My GOD that just set it off, everything that she was holding in came out. She called me a name in my own house, brought me to tears, because this neighbor is a friend. My husband came down stairs let the dog out on her and I got upset with him, so he took the dog and locked her up and then confronted our neighbor and I mean the discussion was heated. I got nervous, sat in the living room.

They went back and forth for atleast 40 minutes, he was close to kicking her out when they began to talk about the war in Iraq. She said, we should just bomb them up, get what they owe us and get the hell out of there. " My husband is a very peaceful person and this turned him beat red. I never saw him this angry before and he was going to throw her out, but instead decided to educate her. I mean it was almost impossible, but he made a little headway and she just got to the point where she felt like crap and came and gave me a hug in tears for being so mean to me.

I still feel a little awful, but please be careful before engaging in political talk with McCain supporters who are deeply affected by the outcome... it's worse when the supporter was a disaffected Hillary voter too
Is she bipolar?

Old 11-08-2008, 05:06 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,168,101 times
Im glad she hugged you, though maybe she felt it was her "Christian duty to forgive"... but she sounds so typical. ESPECIALLY about Iraq.

Old 11-08-2008, 05:07 PM

12,373 posts, read 13,199,456 times
Xotik give her the link to City Data and she can get rid of all her pent up frustration here, that'll fix her!

Old 11-08-2008, 05:08 PM

1,748 posts, read 2,479,945 times
I'm not surprised. Some of McCain's supporters are literally insane now. I have co-workers behaving this way.

Old 11-08-2008, 05:09 PM

15,154 posts, read 11,630,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdistheWord View Post
All red states suck. Move to a good state.

Hmmm..you mean like CA and NY? Moral sewers and high murder/rape rates?
High taxes and corrupt politicians? If you want all that then by all means, leave a red state and go to the left coast

Old 11-08-2008, 05:09 PM

9,326 posts, read 22,024,653 times
she could already be here!

Old 11-08-2008, 05:10 PM

13,721 posts, read 19,267,796 times
Yes, and all McCain supporters must be just like your neighbor.

Last edited by luzianne; 11-08-2008 at 05:35 PM..

Old 11-08-2008, 05:10 PM

2,159 posts, read 2,584,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xotik View Post

And someone had the gall to call the "To all the sore losers" post childish???
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections