Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-09-2008, 12:18 AM

6,259 posts, read 14,673,018 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by big mean bear View Post
FOR THE RECORD:

I voted for McCain, and during the campaign, I posted some harsh criticism of Obama. He is now the president elect, and I support him 100%. That is my duty as an American, to support the president and give him my both support and my RESPECT. I hope you folks note this and not count me in that crowd of problematic posters.

I want to make this point clear...
I second your point, reps to you

Old 11-09-2008, 12:37 AM

38,647 posts, read 26,368,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oscottscotto View Post
Anyone else pay attention to who makes certain posts, starts certain threads, etc? If you do, then you will easily notice that there are around 20 regulars (I won't name names per TOS) that constantly and almost spammishly post extreme anti-Obama sentiments in their posts/threads and have been doing this for a long time. And now, even after the American people have spoken, the same 20 or so people are still clogging up the boards with this mess.

The thing is, is that I don't think these people understand a basic psychological principle in effect ... that showed up in an extremely clear fashion during this election. The more negativity and/or hatred you spew, the more others either begin to not take you seriously, not take your opinions into account when you make them, and/or in some cases, start to feel even more passionately for the items that you spend so much time trying to degrade. It's human nature. For instance, in my opinion, Obama would have won by a smaller margin if both candidates had run a positive, respectful campaign (because of his policy stances). But instead, it was an electoral blowout for Obama because of the psychological principal I just stated above.

So, can we please stop the silliness? It's only making those who are not anti-Obama (the majority) - even more empassioned to support him and/or support him no matter what happens (which is your greatest fear, apparently). The more you show respect, the more level-headed people will respect you and take your opinions into account.

Wow! Thanks for all the free psychobabble Dr. Oscottscotto.

Those 20 people you are referring to are called "conservatives". It may seem like they are taking over your threads, but they are just disagreeing with you. This would be an example of free speech in action.

The United States Constitution - The U.S. Constitution Online - USConstitution.net

The basic psychological principle that showed up in the election was wishful thinking by very naive and racist voters.

http://www.bpmdeejays.com/upload/hs_sal_in_Harlem_100108.mp3

If you ever want to see an electoral blow-out, check out rcp electoral vote maps from 1980 and 1984.

RealClearPolitics - Electoral Map (http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/maps/obama_vs_mccain/?map=18 - broken link)

RealClearPolitics - Electoral Map (http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/maps/obama_vs_mccain/?map=18 - broken link)

Iran has put your retarded PE on notice that they have no interest in discussing ending their nuclear program, period.

He hasn't even taken office yet, and he already looks ridiculous.

People are self-deluded right now. They want to believe that Obama can do the things he says. When it all comes crashing down, they will again remember that they had an alternative to wishful thinking foreign policy and constant government involvement in our daily lives.

See you in two years for the second Republican Revolution.

Old 11-09-2008, 07:34 AM

945 posts, read 1,971,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shoes4birds View Post
He's no phony President Elect...he's the actual President Elect....

I am not saying he did not get elected. I am saying he is phony. He lies to you. Just this year:
  • Against drilling - no wait, for drilling
  • Against nuclear power - no wait, for nuclear power
  • Surge didn't work - no wait, surge worked beyond our wildest dreams
  • For coal - no wait, I will bankrupt the coal industry
  • 300k, 250k, 150k, 120k
If you want to believe any crap this dolt throws out, that is your choice. It is (was) America. I understand the true danger that a combination of Obama, Pelosi, Reid, Frank & a completely Democrat controlled Congress will bring to this country. No worries though, every time the Democrats get this chance, they over reach and blow themselves up. They will again.

Old 11-09-2008, 07:37 AM

1,105 posts, read 2,733,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exit MA Now View Post
I am not saying he did not get elected. I am saying he is phony. He lies to you. Just this year:
  • 300k, 250k, 150k, 120k
If you want to believe any crap this dolt throws out, that is your choice. It is (was) America. I understand the true danger that a combination of Obama, Pelosi, Reid, Frank & a completely Democrat controlled Congress will bring to this country. No worries though, every time the Democrats get this chance, they over reach and blow themselves up. They will again.
Of course, none of that is true.

Old 11-09-2008, 07:39 AM

1,319 posts, read 1,616,872 times
Quote:
  • 300k, 250k, 150k, 120k
I know you hope and pray daily for complete failure of the Obama Presidency... even though that will cause the country to languish and flounder.... Really patriotic of you...

However, I doubt if your hopes will be fulfilled.. In fact, I am positive they won't...

I won't waste my energy countering your faulty argument above, because it would be just like spitting into a strong headwind...

But I would remind you that the Republican party completely imploded in just 8 short years - and if Obama should not succeed in his first term - I seriously doubt the country will blame him and turn things over to the Republicans again.... I think they will react by throwing even more Republicans out of office...

Old 11-09-2008, 07:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by geoff2v View Post
Of course, none of that is true.

Saying the sky is not blue, does not make it not blue. His flip flops came straight from his own mouth on the campaign trail this year. I know because I voted for him in the primaries and then jumped off the bandwagon when he changed his views on everything.

Enjoy the Obama kool-aid.

Old 11-09-2008, 07:49 AM

26,212 posts, read 19,513,424 times
Quote:
Saying the sky is not blue, does not make it not blue. His flip flops came straight from his own mouth on the campaign trail this year. I know because I voted for him in the primaries and then jumped off the bandwagon when he changed his views on everything.

Enjoy the Obama kool-aid.

This thread's purpose was in pointing out people like you. There are 19 other people on this forum who it also applies to, and 19 other people on this forum who dont think you are a fool

Old 11-09-2008, 07:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HubbleRules View Post

But I would remind you that the Republican party completely imploded in just 8 short years - and if Obama should not succeed in his first term - I seriously doubt the country will blame him and turn things over to the Republicans again.... I think they will react by throwing even more Republicans out of office...
Absolutely! The "carry over" effect of Bush and the neocons trying to destroy this country will survive into Obama's first term. If aftershocks are felt in the first 4 years I believe that Americans will understand why.

Bye Bye Repugs.

Old 11-09-2008, 07:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by big mean bear View Post
FOR THE RECORD:

I voted for McCain, and during the campaign, I posted some harsh criticism of Obama. He is now the president elect, and I support him 100%. That is my duty as an American, to support the president and give him my both support and my RESPECT. I hope you folks note this and not count me in that crowd of problematic posters.

I want to make this point clear...
It is people like you who make this country work. Thank you sir.

Old 11-09-2008, 07:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
This thread's purpose was in pointing out people like you. There are 19 other people on this forum who it also applies to, and 19 other people on this forum who dont think you are a fool
Boo hoo. You hurt my feelings.

To correct your information. 47% of the voting population feels the way I do. Another good chunk of the 53% simply voted anti Bush and don't yet realize what they got......but they soon will. He He He He He He

Pelosi and Reid will destroy Obama's Presidency on their own. They are the ones who will be running the country. Pelosi will not stand for Obama going to the middle, if he chooses to. They will implode. Without fail, the Democrats self destruct. You lost after Carter and you lost after Clinton. You will lose again. Enjoy your time in control and realize that America will be laughing at you soon.

Disclaimer - Now if Obama grows a couple and squashes Pelosi, Reid & Frank, goes to the middle and governs for all, then I will grab a big Obama flag and attached it to my car and drive everywhere with it. If he chooses to be the next Ronald Regan, I will gladly support him. But I am not holding my breath on that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections