Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-09-2008, 07:59 AM

4,104 posts, read 5,308,171 times

Advertisements

You know what song I really hate? Odanny boy. I effing hate that song.

Old 11-09-2008, 08:01 AM

26,212 posts, read 19,512,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewMexicanRepublican View Post
You know what song I really hate? Odanny boy. I effing hate that song.
You like it, you love it, you want more of it!

Try YouTube, and listen to the extended version. With pan flute.

Old 11-09-2008, 08:04 AM

1,105 posts, read 2,733,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exit MA Now View Post
Saying the sky is not blue, does not make it not blue. His flip flops came straight from his own mouth on the campaign trail this year. I know because I voted for him in the primaries and then jumped off the bandwagon when he changed his views on everything.

Enjoy the Obama kool-aid.
Feel free to post the links to these claims. For example, opposed to nuclear power? Not coming out in strong support of it does not equal opposing it. Emphasizing, in his speeches, other technologies ahead of nuclear is not the same as saying no new plants should be built. Calling for an emphasis on safety, "blah blah blah," is not the same as saying the nuclear power is off the table.

Same with coal. Same with your other issues. Has he changed his emphases and talking points? Sure. But that's not what you're contending. And it's a ridiculous refusal to accept any changes in a plan which has led to the disastrous presidency of George W.

Old 11-09-2008, 08:05 AM

Quote:
Pelosi and Reid will destroy Obama's Presidency on their own. They are the ones who will be running the country. Pelosi will not stand for Obama going to the middle, if he chooses to. They will implode.
So everyone keeps saying this, that Reid and Pelosi want to push the country far far far to the left. Pray tell, what are those things? What dastardly policy proposals have Reid and Pelosi been urging to pass that have been blocked by the Republican in the White House?

Old 11-09-2008, 08:09 AM

26,212 posts, read 19,512,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by geoff2v View Post
So everyone keeps saying this, that Reid and Pelosi want to push the country far far far to the left. Pray tell, what are those things? What dastardly policy proposals have Reid and Pelosi been urging to pass that have been blocked by the Republican in the White House?
He don't know, like the other 19, he parrots right wing talking points that make no sense

Old 11-09-2008, 08:25 AM

4,104 posts, read 5,308,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by geoff2v View Post
Not blocked - tabled by their own admission until they had enough votes:

H.R. 1022: Assault Weapons Ban and Law Enforcement Protection Act of 2007 (GovTrack.us)

When a .22 is an "assault rifle", I take exception.

Old 11-09-2008, 08:28 AM

9,326 posts, read 22,013,445 times
Thanks for sharing. You are entitled to your opinions.

Quote:
I am not saying he did not get elected. I am saying he is phony. He lies to you. Just this year:
  • Against drilling - no wait, for drilling
  • Against nuclear power - no wait, for nuclear power
  • Surge didn't work - no wait, surge worked beyond our wildest dreams
  • For coal - no wait, I will bankrupt the coal industry
  • 300k, 250k, 150k, 120k
If you want to believe any crap this dolt throws out, that is your choice. It is (was) America. I understand the true danger that a combination of Obama, Pelosi, Reid, Frank & a completely Democrat controlled Congress will bring to this country. No worries though, every time the Democrats get this chance, they over reach and blow themselves up. They will again.

Old 11-09-2008, 08:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewMexicanRepublican View Post
Not blocked - tabled by their own admission until they had enough votes:

H.R. 1022: Assault Weapons Ban and Law Enforcement Protection Act of 2007 (GovTrack.us)

When a .22 is an "assault rifle", I take exception.
By whose admission? I see the bill has 60-some-odd cosponsers, and was tabled in early 2007. Did Pelosi said that would be a priority once she had enough support?

Old 11-09-2008, 09:35 AM

15,402 posts, read 28,939,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike from back east View Post
I know. It's like those people who keep fighting the civil war, which ended 143 years ago. Sad, hate-filled losers.
LOL, speaking about people who can't let go of the civil war--maybe this means we'll have "re-enactments."

People can gather at battlefields (also known as a couch in Aunt Judy's basement, since that's where most of the mudslinging came from). They'll wear costumes representing the various sides. Then they can re-enact the strategies of the campaign, sing songs from the era, etc. The highlight will be when everyone sits on a couch, fires up their laptops, and starts slinging birth certificate e-mails at each other.

Old 11-09-2008, 09:39 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,704,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sailordave View Post
I agee, no one should be attacking Obama's Daughters,...especially not the way people in the news, comedians, and on message boards have attacked President Bush's daughters.
Bush's daughters were arrested for underage drinking, a matter of public record.

Quote:
Originally Posted by andreabeth View Post
I suspect anything that is not blatantly pro-Obama is considered an 'extreme anti- Obama sentiment' by the OP. The implication, IMO, is that only warm and fuzzy 'happy thoughts' about BO should be welcome on this forum. CD is not set up like that and unless the TOS are modified, opposing viewpoints are permitted.
No, extreme anti-Obama is saying he had his grandmother murdered the day before the election, he was born in Kenya, he is a Muslim, a terrorist, things like that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoosier View Post
Let's not forget the mess left behind by the sex-starved Clinton and oh, Carter...yeah, Iran wouldn't release our hostages until after Reagan was inaugurated. Hmmm...guess you have a few more messes we had to clean up.
Good, lord, how far are we going to go back? I was an adult when LBJ was president. Shall we talk about him, too?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedro2008 View Post
I know this is gonna be a shocker for you...

People that voted for McCain and people that voted for Obama have different philosophies

The McCoys are going to be shooting at the Hatfields for a while, that's all...
Maybe, Pedro, but here in Colorado people who voted for McCain also voted for Mark Udall (D) for senate, etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoberPup View Post
On my other groups, sarcasm is noted by adding ####### after the comment.
That would be a good idea. Either that or use the sarcasm smilie.

Quote:
Originally Posted by carmac View Post
You are so right...it's funny that the same people who don't want anyone to say anything against Obama are the ones who have absolutely no respect for Bush and the office he holds...who constantly make fun of him...I'd like to see some of them have to have handled what Pres. Bush has had to deal with the past 8 years. We haven't had another terrorist attack since 9/11 and he's still a joke to some people! Whether you like it or not folks...HE IS STILL OUR PRESIDENT and he has only had your best interest and that of our country at heart!
I've been very annoyed over stuff said about Obama, but I haven't said a word about Bush on CD.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections