Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-09-2008, 03:46 PM

574 posts, read 1,209,726 times

Advertisements

I think this forum might not be the best judge of people moving on. I think in real life, most people have moved on. Pretty soon they will be thinking about the holidays with their families and will swing back around for the inauguration in January...although I'm not sure if they'll be more excited to see Obama take his position or Bush leave it!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2008, 03:48 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,875,960 times
You're welcome, and thanks for the kind words. I, too, am planning to spend less time on this political thread and more time on Denver, where the new arrivals are always worried about driving in the snow!

Old 11-09-2008, 03:52 PM

4,104 posts, read 5,313,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
Obama supporters? Get a grip! Here are some examples of threads on the front page of this forum:

** More Double Standard ** ( 1 2)
I authored this thread. Have you read it? Is it anti-Obama? It speaks to a completey different issue. In fact, it speaks to the fact that while you post a thread about "whiny losers" who can't accept the election, a whole group of whiny losers in California is prepared to boycott an entire state. It speaks to the hypocrisy of posts like yours. A double standard that is pervasive in our society.

It only proves one of my primary argument points: some people argue fact and logic, and some argue emotion without even knowing the facts. I just moved you to the emotional category. I thought you were above that; I was wrong.

Peace.

Old 11-09-2008, 03:56 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,875,960 times
I looked at it. I looked at all of them to be sure they were bashing Obama or anti-Democrat. Now I can't find it, to even review it. Sorry I don't meet your lofty standards. Personal attacks are against the TOS.

Add: Just did a search and re-read it. I stand by what I said. This actually has nothing to do with Obama. It is a boycott Utah campaign being organized in California, but you dragged Obama into it, to connect him with some sort of "double standard" that you see.

Old 11-09-2008, 04:00 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,183,867 times
Quote:
You're welcome, and thanks for the kind words. I, too, am planning to spend less time on this political thread and more time on Denver, where the new arrivals are always worried about driving in the snow!
If the new arrivals are like me, they learned about driving in Denver from The Shining

I've been planning to spend less time here, too, since about June - maybe now that it's over I can tear myself away. Usually the expression is "It's all over bar the shouting" - the reverse on here!

Old 11-09-2008, 04:36 PM

1,319 posts, read 1,618,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewMexicanRepublican View Post
I authored this thread. Have you read it? Is it anti-Obama? It speaks to a completey different issue. In fact, it speaks to the fact that while you post a thread about "whiny losers" who can't accept the election, a whole group of whiny losers in California is prepared to boycott an entire state. It speaks to the hypocrisy of posts like yours. A double standard that is pervasive in our society.

It only proves one of my primary argument points: some people argue fact and logic, and some argue emotion without even knowing the facts. I just moved you to the emotional category. I thought you were above that; I was wrong.

Peace.
You have earned yourself a well deserved anti-Obama reputation by your numerous postings - so don't be surprised when people call you on the carpet..

Your Double Standard posting to me seemed only to be an inappropriate analogy which was meant to rile Obama supporters... Maybe you didn't intend it that way - but like I said - your track record doesn't give you the benefit of doubt..

Utah Mormon interests lobbying against a California ballot initiative is legal - but not adviseable. If they can do that then those from California should not be criticized for not supporting the tourist industry of Utah...

It's called reciprocity..

Old 11-09-2008, 04:38 PM

1,319 posts, read 1,618,530 times
Quote:
I looked at it. I looked at all of them to be sure they were bashing Obama or anti-Democrat. Now I can't find it, to even review it. Sorry I don't meet your lofty standards. Personal attacks are against the TOS.

Add: Just did a search and re-read it. I stand by what I said. This actually has nothing to do with Obama. It is a boycott Utah campaign being organized in California, but you dragged Obama into it, to connect him with some sort of "double standard" that you see.
You, and any other Obama supporters like me, will never meet his lofty standards...

Don't waste your breath...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections