Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-11-2008, 09:49 PM

714 posts, read 1,542,660 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
Does GW love you? He'll deregulate this country up the whazoo. Pollute our water, air, corrupt every department in our government and **** on our Constitution. You love him? Follow him to Dubai or Paraguay when he runs away after January. He'd have you clean camel dung off of his shoes before giving you the time of day and you love him? He hates you. He hates this country. He and vampire Cheney and the rest of the Neocon Fascist pigs are vermin and you love him? Amazing that the microscopic percentage of people that still think Bush is worthy of anything closely resembling admiration find their way to these boards.
Go make your life more green and take a bath
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-11-2008, 09:51 PM

14,100 posts, read 28,600,066 times
In my case it wasn't what she said so much as where she was saying it. To give protest against the President of the United States of America here where you are given the freedom of speech is fine. I would not have agreed with what they said but to each his or her own. However, they did what so many past Hollywood liberals have done, went to a foreign nation to bad mouth our nation or president. Many country music fans were already sick and tired of the likes of Jane Fonda, Sean Penn, and others like them doing such things and now one of country music's own goes and does the same thing in the eyes of many country music fans. I refuse to watch movies by such celebrities and I refuse to buy music from such celebrities.

Old 11-11-2008, 09:55 PM

714 posts, read 1,542,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sailordave View Post
In my case it wasn't what she said so much as where she was saying it. To give protest against the President of the United States of America here where you are given the freedom of speech is fine. I would not have agreed with what they said but to each his or her own. However, they did what so many past Hollywood liberals have done, went to a foreign nation to bad mouth our nation or president. Many country music fans were already sick and tired of the likes of Jane Fonda, Sean Penn, and others like them doing such things and now one of country music's own goes and does the same thing in the eyes of many country music fans. I refuse to watch movies by such celebrities and I refuse to buy music from such celebrities.
Well said VERY well said!

Old 11-11-2008, 09:58 PM

31,690 posts, read 41,124,913 times
Quote:
When you wage war on the world then you are rejected on that same world stage. Bush/Cheney have waged their assault on the American people and the residents of some country with implications and consequences that are now being felt by the glove. Even wild life in the most difficult areas of our planet to reach are feeling the pain of the failed Bush agenda. Thank You Dixie Chicks for showing the world that the people of the United States did not all share the blind ambition of Bush/Cheney/Rumsfeld and fortunately their children Palin and McCain will not have the opportunity to repeat the crimes of their parents.

Old 11-11-2008, 09:58 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,182,604 times
Quote:
Bush has brought shame to the title "President of The United States." The world knows it and any rational, logical thinking American knows it. I have never referred to him as President because he never was... not in his heart and certainly not in his actions. The citizens of this country can finally hold their heads high again because he and his cronies have been defeated.

Last edited by sickofnyc; 11-11-2008 at 11:04 PM..

Old 11-11-2008, 10:06 PM

1,434 posts, read 3,974,702 times
I think the Dixie Chicks should do a music tour in Venezuela and Iran. The more negative press they get and the more country music fans they lose the better. I am all for them pulling stupid far leftwing stunts that financially hurts their pockets even more.

Old 11-11-2008, 10:08 PM

5,041 posts, read 6,228,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stephanieuk View Post
....I LOVE GW even more.
I'm totally stumped as to what could drive a person to say this. It's completely unnatural. A person would have to be faking it, right?

At this point, I doubt that Daddy Bush could say that and mean it.

(Remember the SNL skit from 2000 where Dana Carvey took Will Ferrell out hunting and contemplated shooting him? What a riot!)

Old 11-11-2008, 10:11 PM

80 posts, read 262,939 times
I didn't pay much mind to the chicks until Natalie made her comment about bush. I gave them a listen after that, liked their tunes, and bought a few CD's.
I think it would be nice if they performed at Obama's innaugural, and send a subtle message to the bush regime.

Old 11-11-2008, 10:19 PM

31,690 posts, read 41,124,913 times
Democracy Now! | "Shut Up and Sing": Dixie Chicks' Big Grammy Win Caps Comeback From Backlash Over Anti-War Stance

Over the past four years scores of popular musicians have spoken out against the war in Iraq and the Bush administration. The list includes Bruce Springsteen, Neil Young, Jay Z, Missy Elliot, Sheryl Crow, Barbara Streisand and the list goes on. But perhaps no musical act has paid a bigger price for speaking out against the war than the Dixie Chicks—the biggest selling female music group of all time.

On Sunday night the group was the big winner at the Grammy Awards. The group won a total of five Grammys including Record of the Year, Song of the Year and Best Country Album. However if you tuned into many country radio stations today you won’t hear their music. They have been largely blacklisted for the past four years—ever since the eve of the U.S. invasion of Iraq in March 2003. That’s when the group’s lead singer–Natalie Maines–told an audience in London the group was against the war and ashamed that the President Bush is from Texas.

Old 11-12-2008, 04:41 AM

11,078 posts, read 15,112,898 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stephanieuk View Post
I LOVE the music of the Dixie Chicks, but haven't supported them since their antics....I LOVE GW even more. Not that they would have even noticed my lack of support, since I'm sure they have enough money to go around. I listen to their music only on radio, or any old cd I have. I will never knowingly support them again.
That is both sad and hilarious at the same time.You are the 1 in 15 million that do,so I guess you truly are special at something after all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections