Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-12-2008, 01:58 PM

12,373 posts, read 13,233,811 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by arctichomesteader View Post
It's illegal in AK to waste any meat suitable for human consumption when taking animals such as caribou.
So what, rape is illegal too but it doesn't stop the offenders.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-12-2008, 02:01 PM

15,402 posts, read 29,041,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by normie View Post
She's going to try expanding the program over the next four years, I hear. "Dem-thinning" dotcha know. So if you're in a blue state and you hear a helicopter over head--watch out!
I don't think she'll ask people to "cut off the paws" for dem-thinning, however....

Old 11-12-2008, 02:03 PM

12,373 posts, read 13,233,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
in fact Alaskans would argue that sport hunting is a great boon to the Alaskan economy.
In essence that's what I said in the first place, so wolves have to be killed to preserve the caribou herds for for sport hunters to bring in the almighty dollar, thanks for agreeing with me.

Old 11-12-2008, 02:03 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,208,183 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueWillowPlate View Post
Yes.
Check out these guys.
Safari Club International
They constantly lobby for delisting endangered species.
SCI lobbied to ensure that the African elephant was listed as "threatened" instead of "endangered" so that the animal could be hunted. SCI also helped relax protections that were granted to the:

* bontebok
* cheetah
* white rhino
* mountain zebra
* red, black and Kafue lechwe
* African leopard
* argali sheep
* markhor
* crocodile
* hippo
* African lion
* cougar
* lynx
* wolf
* grizzly bear

Safari Club International accepts animals killed on canned hunts for inclusion in its record books. Not exactly subsistence hunting.
Link (http://www.hsus.org/wildlife_abuse/campaigns/safari_club_international/sci_frequently_asked_questions.html - broken link)
Safari Club International's Litigation Department
There was a book that I read years ago. It was written by Cleveland Amory titled "Mankind? Our Incredible War on Wildlife." Makes one understand just how unkind man really is. They will find any sort of excuse to decimate anything. I think nature has always balanced things on its own. It is the human race that screws things up one way or another.

Old 11-12-2008, 02:06 PM

1,092 posts, read 2,707,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJon3475 View Post
Emotional distress doesn't help arguments.
I am not emotionally distress. Remeber last Tuesday? We won baby!!
Ship that Palin back to her cabin in the middle of nowhere and ask her to return all those dresses worth over $150K. You betcha

Old 11-12-2008, 02:51 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,208,183 times
Friends of Animals | Her deadly wolf program

Palin and others of her ilk are self-serving babarians.

Old 11-12-2008, 03:24 PM

18,339 posts, read 26,611,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
Friends of Animals | Her deadly wolf program

Palin and others of her ilk are self-serving babarians.
Find a legitimate source of information.

Old 11-12-2008, 04:23 PM

41,325 posts, read 45,081,368 times
Quote:
I don't think she'll ask people to "cut off the paws" for dem-thinning, however....
I'm sure she'd cut off something else, but that something else seems to be missing from many lib-men.

Old 11-12-2008, 05:19 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,217,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
I'm sure she'd cut off something else, but that something else seems to be missing from many lib-men.
And there's one of the many reasons no one ever takes this poster seriously.....

...... her great and learned political analysis.

Now, I suppose she thinks all the liberal men will kill themselves in embarrassment because of what some tw i t posted in a chat room.....

Old 11-12-2008, 05:27 PM

998 posts, read 1,518,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post

Lorena?

Is that you?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections