Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-13-2008, 09:23 PM

3,712 posts, read 6,479,181 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
You could not be more wrong. Conservatives are ANTI-SCIENCE.

Please, if you dont know what you are talking about, dont pretend you do.
Mon dieu................have you ever heard of Whole Language? Or new Math? Or any number of other harebrained liberal schemes which have trashed our once at least passable schools? As difficult as it may be to believe, cashiers used to be able to calculate the change that a customer was due by themselves!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-13-2008, 09:24 PM

8,577 posts, read 7,853,502 times
you are right, I don't know what I am talking about. the majority of the founders held traditional conservative values. they told me they were conservatives by their own writings. peace with other nations. commerce with all nations, alliances with none. low taxes, and freedom for people. yup, that's the founders in a nutshell. those are conservative values, but if you want to believe what you read on the bluffington post or moveback.org's website, go right ahead.

Quote:
You dont know what you are talking about. Why are you bringing up the Founding Fathers?

Who told you they were conservatives in the first place?

Again, you are wrong. If they were conservatives they would have been with the 1/3 of Americans who were pro-British

Old 11-13-2008, 09:45 PM

26,211 posts, read 19,529,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmarquise View Post
you are right, I don't know what I am talking about. the majority of the founders held traditional conservative values. they told me they were conservatives by their own writings. peace with other nations. commerce with all nations, alliances with none. low taxes, and freedom for people. yup, that's the founders in a nutshell. those are conservative values, but if you want to believe what you read on the bluffington post or moveback.org's website, go right ahead.

In the 1700's, by TODAY'S standards, they all would be considered LIBERALS.

Human rights? Separation of church and state? Freedom and liberty for all?

Conservatives dont believe in that TODAY!

Old 11-13-2008, 09:51 PM

I already called you out on that in a previous post. I said you need to learn to differentiate between a conservative, and a christian conservative. the religious freaks have hijacked the republican party just like the environmental extremists have hijacked the democrat party. it's all about the special interest.

Quote:
In the 1700's, by TODAY'S standards, they all would be considered LIBERALS.

Human rights? Separation of church and state? Freedom and liberty for all?

Conservatives dont believe in that TODAY!

Old 11-13-2008, 10:22 PM

5,041 posts, read 6,218,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomocox View Post
For you who hate Pres. Bush, you might note that during his tenure 4000 willing young American's died trying to protect your right to write the hatred you wrote above.
Where does this lie come from? I hear it all the time and it's never questioned. Whatever our soldiers have accomplished in Iraq, it surely has nothing to do with whether I can write hatred, or anything else. Had we not invaded Iraq, I'd still be sitting here writing. I'd probably have a few more correspondents, actually.

You might think that overthrowing another country that was no threat to us was a good idea. I think that's debatable. But quit trying to pretend that it has anything to do with my freedoms. In fact, it has a lot more to do with loss of freedoms than protection of same.

Old 11-13-2008, 10:26 PM

I think this war was based on the idea of "making the world safe for democracy." that's a quote from woodrow wilson. either way, I don't believe in nation building of any kind. I don't believe we should spend a nickel abroad no matter what the country until we are in proper working order. that's not going to happen any time soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by idahogie View Post
Where does this lie come from? I hear it all the time and it's never questioned. Whatever our soldiers have accomplished in Iraq, it surely has nothing to do with whether I can write hatred, or anything else. Had we not invaded Iraq, I'd still be sitting here writing. I'd probably have a few more correspondents, actually.

You might think that overthrowing another country that was no threat to us was a good idea. I think that's debatable. But quit trying to pretend that it has anything to do with my freedoms. In fact, it has a lot more to do with loss of freedoms than protection of same.

Old 11-14-2008, 09:34 AM

17,005 posts, read 12,597,924 times
These programs are designed to allow liberals' kids to get GI bill benefits without any danger of being shot.

Shrug. They do do gooder type stuff and some of it sticks.

You thought Obama was going to come in and promote the military?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections