Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-14-2008, 09:22 PM

1,958 posts, read 2,502,949 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
you conveniently ignored clinton's bombing of bosnia without legal justification.
that's even more apparent.

Clinton....the ONLY president to bomb the Chinese Embassy when we were in no way at war with them!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-14-2008, 09:26 PM

53,513 posts, read 35,221,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chasingclouds View Post
Norm Olson is a member of AIP, he was timothy mcveigh's mentor who bombed the Oklahoma City federal building. So not only do we have mccain being friends with liddy who told people to get revenge for waco, we have Sarah connected to people who blew up the okc building as revenge for waco.. get it now? DUHHHH!
well, you certainly got the duhhh!!! part down pat. prove that sarah palin was pallin' around with norm olson. or was considered a 'family friend' by him. or even met him face to face a single time. or.... kicked off her political career in his living room.
we wait.

nice out of context quote, but thanks for bringing up abortion clinic bombers.
can you imagine the leftist outrage if mccain had kicked off his political career in eric rudolph's living room? yet bombing billy is considered a hero by the left.
'family friends,' indeed

Old 11-14-2008, 09:28 PM

14,268 posts, read 19,013,765 times
Please - someone please show me when in 8 years of serving as an Illinois State Senator and 4 years as a United States Senator just one time where Obama planned a terrorist attack. When has he ever been convicted of anything?

The 2 men worked on committees to help poor people and improve education. I once dated someone and found out years later he had been in jail. So what? Does that make me guilty of something? If you were a passenger in someone's car and the police stopped him and it turned out he had a criminal background or didn't have a license, would that be your fault? I want a virtual show of hands here..who runs a background check on their friends & neighbors? Who even asks to see a driver's license before getting into a car?

Ayers said he never even met Obama before the night of that "coffee" and also said Obama was in about 20 other homes that evening.

This is much ado about nothing. What disturbs me is that everytime I flipped to Fox, they were talking about Ayers. One commentator used words like "dangerous" and said there were a lot of things about Obama that weren't revealed. Are these hateful idiots trying to get him killed?

Old 11-14-2008, 09:29 PM

3,645 posts, read 4,939,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
Are these hateful idiots trying to get him killed?
So, now when anyone says anything negative about anyone else, they are trying to get them killed?

Old 11-14-2008, 09:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous Political Junky View Post
So, now when anyone says anything negative about anyone else, they are trying to get them killed?
leftist 'logic': don't even try to understand it.
it'd make a normal person's head explode.

Old 11-14-2008, 09:33 PM

14,268 posts, read 19,013,765 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous Political Junky View Post
No, but there have been more threats on Obama than any other candidate or President-Elect in history. There is nothing wrong with having discussions about a person's political policies, but saying he's connected with a terrorist is wrong and unprofessional. The only reason is to promote fear and negativity.
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
leftist 'logic': don't even try to understand it.
it'd make a normal person's head explode.
So people who voted Democrat are now abnormal? Why all the labeling? I am definitely not a Liberal, and I've even been called a little too conservative by friends, but lately I've been moving a little more to the left because of this election. If reporters were trying to paint John McCain as someone who isn't a good American and might be a danger to our country, I'd write exactly the same thing. It's hate mongering.

Old 11-14-2008, 09:34 PM

4,428 posts, read 4,496,161 times
Don't try to kill Ayers or Dorn,

Just try to explode buildings they might be in.

Old 11-14-2008, 09:38 PM

Quote:
So people who voted Democrat are now abnormal?
not necessarily, though some certainly are.

claiming that anyone daring to point out bammers' disgusting associations with admitted and unrepentant terrorists is thereby trying to get bammers killed is probably abnormal and illogical, though.

Old 11-14-2008, 09:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yooperkat View Post
Don't try to kill Ayers or Dorn,

Just try to explode buildings they might be in.
heh. ayers-style 'not-terrorism?'

Old 11-14-2008, 09:41 PM

3,645 posts, read 4,939,481 times
Quote:
No, but there have been more threats on Obama than any other candidate or President-Elect in history. There is nothing wrong with having discussions about a person's political policies, but saying he's connected with a terrorist is wrong and unprofessional. The only reason is to promote fear and negativity.

Why do you think that is? It isn't because of what any pundit says on television. It happens to be because he has got darker skin than many people, not me though. We do still have plenty of racist running around this country you know.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections