Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-16-2008, 08:55 PM

68,330 posts, read 54,428,613 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canine*Castle View Post
I hope she doesn't let it go to her head. She needs to watch her grammar too. She made quite a few blunders when speaking tonight and someone of the elite and Harvard educated should know better. Speaking properly should come as natural as brushing one's teeth. They were quite easy to detect and I can assure you I'm not from Harvard or even close.

He made a few as well, but of course, even GW Bush did too.

All things considered I'd say Harvard came off sounding considerably better than Yale.

And GW Bush did not make a few, he made a multitude

Old 11-16-2008, 08:57 PM

1,083 posts, read 2,293,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
...in fact, they appeared to be a happy, well-adjusted couple who have great respect for each other....I'm sure you'd be happy to know that's true ??????
I agree. I found them to be quite charming as a couple. Far more chemistry than Cindy and John or the Bush clan. Bitter whiners will never have anything nice to say about the Obamas. I just take the opposite of everything they say to determine the truth.

Old 11-16-2008, 09:00 PM

1,958 posts, read 2,496,023 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
this is going to be a very powerful 1st lady. note she is not from kenya.
Why would anyone care if she/it were from Kenya? I kinda wished she was, Id read her cookbook, "101 Ways to Cook Crickets and Roaches".

Old 11-16-2008, 09:01 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,160,558 times
Quote:
I hope she doesn't let it go to her head. She needs to watch her grammar too. She made quite a few blunders when speaking tonight and someone of the elite and Harvard educated should know better. Speaking properly should come as natural as brushing one's teeth. They were quite easy to detect and I can assure you I'm not from Harvard or even close.

Yes, after bushy blathered and blubbered his way through the last 8 years it's pretty ridiculous and desperate to pick on on the Obamas...both of whom are very well spoken....AND have something to say!!!!

Old 11-16-2008, 09:11 PM

2,905 posts, read 7,351,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
Yes, after bushy blathered and blubbered his way through the last 8 years it's pretty ridiculous and desperate to pick on on the Obamas...both of whom are very well spoken....AND have something to say!!!!
tell me about it. couldn't rep you again.

Old 11-16-2008, 09:13 PM

68,330 posts, read 54,428,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironclad View Post
Why would anyone care if she/it were from Kenya? I kinda wished she was, Id read her cookbook, "101 Ways to Cook Crickets and Roaches".

Looking to upgrade your diet, your usual reading material, or both?

Old 11-16-2008, 09:13 PM

998 posts, read 1,514,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamofmonterey View Post
yeah, and fwiw, the male posters, who are far right strike me as very offensive.......they must listen to Rush Oxycontin Limbaugh....
Yep, people like drug addled Limberger and Big Head Sean are their idols.

Unfortunately, my younger brother buys into all that tripe, and not surprisingly, he treats women like dirt too.

I think that they are just masking some insecurities, like the troll on this thread who I have muted.

Old 11-16-2008, 09:15 PM

14,492 posts, read 26,605,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
All things considered I'd say Harvard came off sounding considerably better than Yale.

And GW Bush did not make a few, he made a multitude
Bush Quotes - Funny George W. Bush Quotes and Bushisms

Thats for sure.

Old 11-16-2008, 09:15 PM
LML

7,100 posts, read 9,114,885 times
Quote:

Quote:
No, not at all. I'm don't get jealous. I'm getting used to the idea that BHO is the President-elect. He seems sincere that he wants to do a good job. Who knows? Maybe he will. Nevertheless, it should be quite an interesting four years.

As far as overbearing goes, I find that in a lot of women (I'm a female), and I don't particularly care for that characteristic but if he's okay with it, so be it. She wasn't speaking; she was interrupting him and making fun of how he hated doing the dishes. I think he may have been a bit embarrassed.
You know that old adage about stones and glass houses?

Old 11-16-2008, 09:17 PM

1,958 posts, read 2,496,023 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Looking to upgrade your diet, your usual reading material, or both?
Nawww, no need to upgrade it at all, in fact it's too good.

Go ahead, have a popcorn cricket on me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.