Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-18-2008, 05:35 PM

3,813 posts, read 4,918,165 times

Advertisements

Sanrene, where you been girl??? I want to hear more about Bubba, Hil and the Saudi's. Is it true they attended a dinner for the Emir at Prairie Chapel Ranch?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-18-2008, 06:31 PM

3,813 posts, read 4,918,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
I guess you haven't been following the news recently. Bubba finally, after 10 years of requests, finally disclosed his donors/fundraising.

How is that "old news"?
Here's some 'old news' for ya,
Bush Advisers Cashed in on Saudi Gravy Train
Quote:
Nowhere is the revolving U.S.-Saudi money wheel more evident than within President Bush's own coterie of foreign policy advisers, starting with the president's father, George H.W. Bush.
Quote:
At the same time that the elder Bush counsels his son on the ongoing war on terrorism, the former president remains a senior adviser to the Washington D.C.-based Carlyle Group. That influential investment bank has deep connections to the Saudi royal family as well as financial interests in U.S. defense firms hired by the kingdom to equip and train the Saudi military.
Quote:
President Bush is himself linked to the Carlyle group: He was a director of one of its subsidiaries, an airline food services company called Caterair, until 1994. Six years later, when Bush was governor of Texas, the board of directors of the Texas teachers' pension fund - some of whom were his appointees - voted to invest $100 million with the Carlyle Group.
Quote:
Big Saudi money also makes its way back to Texas and the Bush family. The family of Saudi Arabia's longtime U.S. ambassador, Prince Bandar bin Sultan bin Abdul Aziz, gave $1 million to the Bush Presidential Library in College Station, Texas.
OK, they only gave $1 mil for the Bush library, I guess that makes Bubba the more valued VIP.

Old 12-18-2008, 07:33 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,971,624 times
Quote:
Sanrene, post your pictures of Bubba and Hil holding hands and carousing with the Saudi's!! C'mon, here's your chance!!
So...pictures of Bush and the royals are much, much worse than tens of millions of dollars in "donations" to a former president who has been reluctant to make public these "relationships" and connections?

Only the deluded, crazed Leftists can make that argument.

For years and years we have been bombarded with the rantings and ravings of the Left regarding the "supposedly" payoff to Bush by the Saudis. Now we have actual evidence that Bubba is the one who has been rewarded by the Saudi's for who knows what favors while he was in office.

And all we get from the lefties are pictures of Bush/Saudi's and a small (in comparison) donation to his library.

Truly breathtaking the hypocrisy and double standard.

Old 12-18-2008, 07:35 PM

31,683 posts, read 41,060,594 times
Quote:
Bubba and Hillary, you guessed right!

Hot Air » Blog Archive » The Clinton’s Saudi fundraisers
Saudis, Indians among Clinton foundation donors - Yahoo! News (http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap_campaignplus/20081218/ap_ca/clinton_foundation_donors - broken link)

So, now we know; The party and the person(s) who have profited from those evil Saudis is not who the Left has been frothing at the mouth about, but is actually dear old Bubba and his wife.

I wonder if this will derail her SoS nomination. You can bet your bottom dollar, the committee will be looking into all this foreign, evil money.
And the contributed money was used for what nefarious purpose?

Old 12-18-2008, 07:41 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,074,501 times
Last time I filled up my tank I felt the presence of the Saudi in all four of mine.

Old 12-18-2008, 07:45 PM

Quote:
So...pictures of Bush and the royals are much, much worse than tens of millions of dollars in "donations" to a former president who has been reluctant to make public these "relationships" and connections?

Only the deluded, crazed Leftists can make that argument.

For years and years we have been bombarded with the rantings and ravings of the Left regarding the "supposedly" payoff to Bush by the Saudis. Now we have actual evidence that Bubba is the one who has been rewarded by the Saudi's for who knows what favors while he was in office.

And all we get from the lefties are pictures of Bush/Saudi's and a small (in comparison) donation to his library.

Yes this is a terrible scandal and the activities of this foundation need to be stopped. Sinners can not and may not be allowed to do good. If you are a sinner do not, understand according to this thread, do not give to charity under any circumstance. If you see the Salvation Army lady this weekend ignore her. Your charitable contributions are not wanted or needed for the following:
What We Do | William J. Clinton Foundation (http://www.clintonfoundation.org/what-we-do/ - broken link)

The right says thinks like global hunger and HIV support are not worthy of your dollars and if you contribute you will be tainting the organizations you donate to. Keep your money and use if for what ever purpose your evil sinister mind considers to be evil and sinister. Remember repenting must first be cleared by the right and any do goodieness needs Republican Congressional approval.

When will Democrats learn that charity begins with and ends with the Right and what they deem appropriate both as a source of support and target of support.

Old 12-18-2008, 08:04 PM

37,195 posts, read 19,238,037 times
Quote:

So - Both Bushes and Clinton took donations, but there is a double standard at work.

Out of curiosity, how large does a donation have to be to be dishonorable rather than honorable?

Old 12-18-2008, 08:13 PM

2,404 posts, read 6,581,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert A View Post
Is this really shocking? I mean, even a little bit? The Saudi's have their hands in nearly everything. Feign horror elsewhere.

I don't see this as any indication that Bill and Hillary are bought and sold by the Saudi's, nor do I think it's part of an evil alliance. I think it raises legitimate questions about Hillary's capacity to execute her job impartially as SoS, but I don't think it deserves the tone you give it.
<Me neither!, I don't think they are any more bought and sold then any of the other politions. It's their way of life Favor for favor ! That's they way it's done accept it and get on with life.

Old 12-18-2008, 08:16 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,971,624 times
$1 million for Bush

Ten of millions for Bubba.

The point is this new evidence of Bubba's coziness with the Saudi's turns the Left's rantings on its ear. But of course, they will continue to claim that Bush is striking it rich with Saudi money, when in fact it has been Bubba all along.

Old 12-18-2008, 08:21 PM

Quote:
$1 million for Bush

Ten of millions for Bubba.

The point is this new evidence of Bubba's coziness with the Saudi's turns the Left's rantings on its ear. But of course, they will continue to claim that Bush is striking it rich with Saudi money, when in fact it has been Bubba all along.
And they have each been using the money for?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections