Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-13-2009, 06:26 PM

15,154 posts, read 11,620,307 times

Advertisements

Sun-Times: Journalists Being Shut Out by Obama | NewsBusters.org

Speaking of phonyness...Preselected members of the press core get to ask questions while others are not even agknowledged...This seems to be yet another recurring theme with Obama. Why is that?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-13-2009, 06:29 PM

4,829 posts, read 6,929,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELOrocks17 View Post
Sun-Times: Journalists Being Shut Out by Obama | NewsBusters.org

Speaking of phonyness...Preselected members of the press core get to ask questions while others are not even agknowledged...This seems to be yet another recurring theme with Obama. Why is that?
I actually don't blame him. Who would want to face the tough questions he would have to answer from an honest media.

Old 01-13-2009, 06:37 PM

3,292 posts, read 4,473,126 times
If the media is so liberal than he shouldn't even bother doing anything like this, right?

Old 01-13-2009, 06:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FinkieMcGee View Post
If the media is so liberal than he shouldn't even bother doing anything like this, right?

I dont think the article mentions which members of the media are bieng excluded, but dont you think its odd that he would shut out anyone in the media, after all he himself has told us that he has nothing to hide...I am not looking to start a flame war with this, i am just asking...

Old 01-13-2009, 06:40 PM

3,292 posts, read 4,473,126 times
Quote:
I dont think the article mentions which members of the media are bieng excluded, but dont you think its odd that he would shut out anyone in the media, after all he himself has told us that he has nothing to hide...I am not looking to start a flame war with this, i am just asking...
Your source is accusations from a blog regarding one reporter's accusations, the whole thing is a flame post.

Old 01-13-2009, 06:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FinkieMcGee View Post
Your source is accusations from a blog regarding one reporter's accusations, the whole thing is a flame post.

No its not, its called a dissenting opinion, and my intention is to get people talking about it.

Old 01-13-2009, 07:22 PM

5,041 posts, read 6,215,369 times
Quote:
No you're not just asking. You're just sneering with innuendo and implication.

Obama has shown much more openness with the press than Bush, McCain, or Palin. You have squat to complain about, and everybody knows it.

Old 01-13-2009, 07:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by idahogie View Post

Obama has shown much more openness with the press than Bush, McCain, or Palin. You have squat to complain about, and everybody knows it.
Well maybe if i DINT PROVIDE A LINK TO SOMEONE ELSE MAKING THE CLAIM..you might be able to smear me with that...but i did and its your intentions that are obvious and cheap...

Old 01-13-2009, 07:44 PM

5,041 posts, read 6,215,369 times
Quote:
Well maybe if i DINT PROVIDE A LINK TO SOMEONE ELSE MAKING THE CLAIM..you might be able to smear me with that...but i did and its your intentions that are obvious and cheap...
You can point to any number of other people making that claim. Fox News and Bill O'Reilly do it all the time. They are smearing Obama, and so are you.

It still remains that Obama is more open with the press than either Bush, McCain, or Palin.

You have nothing but your whining and complaining. I hope you enjoy the next 8 years.

Old 01-13-2009, 07:44 PM

11,078 posts, read 15,076,944 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by idahogie View Post

More of the same unsubstantiated drivel this poster is known for.Check your facts once in awhile ELO.You are really looking trollish with this constant crap.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections