Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-19-2009, 04:41 PM

8,777 posts, read 19,888,048 times

Advertisements

Do you feel that President Obama will be physically secure during his term(s)?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-19-2009, 04:56 PM

5,232 posts, read 8,425,918 times
At great expense to the people, yep.
I'm sure theres people wanting to get rid of him but I think he'll be ok.
Personally I think their security ought be their own responsibility before & after they serve their term but while in office we need to make sure no nutjobs get close to him.

Old 01-19-2009, 04:58 PM

2,589 posts, read 10,564,544 times
No President is safe during his term, but I do believe they are generally physically secure due to the great work of the Secret Service and our military/police. I don't think Obama will be much different - there were probably tons of terrosist states and leftists whack jobs that had it out for Bush, no different than a different group of whack's won't like something about Obama. Different person, different reasons, same issue. I have the utmost respect for our Secret Service.

Last edited by Dave1215; 01-19-2009 at 05:26 PM..

Old 01-19-2009, 04:59 PM

2,223 posts, read 2,223,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stratford, Ct. Resident View Post
I sure hope so!

Old 01-19-2009, 05:10 PM

472 posts, read 741,605 times
He will be as safe as any previous president.

Old 01-19-2009, 05:23 PM

733 posts, read 1,929,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave1215 View Post
No President is safe during his term, but I do believe they are generally physically secure due to the great work of the Secret Service and our military/police. I don't think Obama will be much different - there were probably tons of terrosist states and leftists whack jobs that had it out for him, no different than a different group of whack's won't like something about Obama. Different person, different reasons, same issue. I have the utmost respect for our Secret Service.
agreed

Old 01-19-2009, 05:26 PM

1,115 posts, read 3,135,955 times
I'm sure Bush faced just as much danger and threats as Obama will. Lots of people hated Bush. Every president faces that kind of danger.

Old 01-19-2009, 05:28 PM
NCN

21,663 posts, read 25,658,782 times
Quote:
Not if the secret service protect him as well as they did Bush. I don't think he could duck that low.

Old 01-19-2009, 05:39 PM

18,161 posts, read 15,654,399 times
Oh I'm sure no expense will be spared in his safety from physical attack. As a mater of fact, I'm sure that measures that have never been implemented before will be taken for him. He will no doubt, personally, outline many new measures ( note the new "Obamamobile") to ensure his own safety. If he were to be assainated the resulting riots and destruction that would follow would make Watts look like a Sunday picnic. The security that will surround him is going to be far and away tighter than anything that we have ever seen and Presidential security is no twinky measure now.

Old 01-19-2009, 06:04 PM

1,843 posts, read 2,373,221 times
Quote:

Well not as safe as most Presidents, but none are really that safe. I haven't heard such an outpouring of blind unreasoning hatred toward anyone since JFK, but this is worse. For those who weren't around when they killed JFK, I can't describe the sense of having been violated, robbed, cheated, and wronged that Americans felt, regardless of their politics. The idea that one person, or a small group of people could decide to set aside the will of the American people changed everyone alive at that time. It showed that we could not consider our rights and freedoms a done deal, safe and secure. Should something happen to Barrack it will be as Joe Biden said "a tragedy of historic proportions".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections