Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-27-2009, 07:44 AM

35,016 posts, read 39,176,379 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bettyboopster View Post
You robots keep repeating what you hear on the tv--"we're in a mess" "Bush's administration was a failure" etc...

If constipated-faced Diane Sawyer tells you you're in a mess, poof, you're in a mess! I don't see dealerships slashing car prices. I saw an old ford the other day for $5,000. My newer, more loaded car wouldn't sell for that. Home sellers are desperate? Nope, they are not. Think about it--if houses are taking longer to sell, it means the sellers aren't giving away their homes like hot potatoes--get real buyers! Not all sellers are in foreclosure. And everybody's out of a job? Guess what, I'm not, but I was five years ago. I didn't blame the economy or Bush for what my boss did. I applied like crazy and got a much better job. If you're really in a mess, pray, and DO something about it--get off your lazy tush and don't wait for someone to come along and fix it for you.
bettyboopster, the problem is that the world extends farther than the end of your nose.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-27-2009, 07:46 AM

12,669 posts, read 20,456,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
No, basically Clinton did quite a lot. Where do you get your news?
"I worked hard to try to kill him. I authorized a finding for the CIA to kill him. We contracted with people to kill him. I got closer to killing him than anybody has gotten since. And if I were still president, we'd have more than 20,000 troops there trying to kill him."

"I think it's very interesting that all the conservative Republicans, who now say I didn't do enough, claimed that I was too obsessed with bin Laden. All of President Bush's neo-cons thought I was too obsessed with bin Laden. They had no meetings on bin Laden for nine months after I left office. All the right-wingers who now say I didn't do enough said I did too much — same people."

FOXNews.com - Transcript: William Jefferson Clinton on 'FOX News Sunday' - FOX News Sunday | Chris Wallace
Clinton let him go 3 times before he went completely underground! Yep he's great!

Old 01-27-2009, 07:49 AM

270 posts, read 522,770 times
Quote:
bettyboopster, the problem is that the world extends farther than the end of your nose.
Nope, the problem is that the problems of the world can always be blamed on someone else. People love handouts, but when you've worked extremely hard to get what you have and not one soul has helped you get there in any way, you learn to appreciate it and not expect a man who makes promises to fix it. Those who do that never succeed. Some folks are struggling now more than in the past, and vice versa. The world extends beyond the end of your nose, Sweetie. Don't get caught up in the lies of the media bubble. Didn't your mother tell you not to believe everything you're told?

Old 01-27-2009, 07:49 AM

2,605 posts, read 4,846,418 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BringTheContent View Post
We have highly qualified and professional people who work very hard to find out who the bad guys are. It saves you the trouble of having to just assume that it's everyone.
It's funny how when Bush was president and his administration was working very hard to find out who the bad guys were, the people on the left were spinning and screaming at his best efforts to do so.

Now Obama is president and all will be well.
One thing is for sure: Conservatives will not get in the way of the measures Obama has to take to protect us.

But trying to reason with them will not work!

Old 01-27-2009, 07:53 AM

Do you really believe Obama wants so-called "peace"? Do you really think he's against torture and bullying? Oh, that's right--killing babies is fine, but if it makes ya look good, we'll stop "torturing" the bad guys. Wouldn't want to make anybody upset with us. Those poor prisoners. Wonder how they're being treated? Suck a baby's limbs off with a vacuum one at a time, but I sure hope we're not being too tough on those suspects who's one goal is to kill.

Old 01-27-2009, 07:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bettyboopster View Post
Nope, the problem is that the problems of the world can always be blamed on someone else. People love handouts, but when you've worked extremely hard to get what you have and not one soul has helped you get there in any way, you learn to appreciate it and not expect a man who makes promises to fix it. Those who do that never succeed. Some folks are struggling now more than in the past, and vice versa. The world extends beyond the end of your nose, Sweetie. Don't get caught up in the lies of the media bubble. Didn't your mother tell you not to believe everything you're told?
What makes you think the world is not in serious economic trouble? You can't possibly be unaware of the decline in housing "values." I trade stocks for a living and I have to pay attention to this stuff. We actually are in a bit of a pickle. You seem to be focused on "people expecting handouts," which is so far off the point that it reinforces the impression a reader takes away from your post(s) - that if anyone is living in a bubble it is you.

I hope you and your friends keep your jobs and your world stays sunny, but the fact remains that the larger world faces serious difficulties. They're not dreamed up by "the bubble media." They are real.

Old 01-27-2009, 07:56 AM

10,655 posts, read 18,671,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lamexican View Post
Come visit me in NYC and I will show some wonderful Muslims that love this country!
When I was volunteering handing out water after 9/11, there were Muslims right there handing out water with me. These people would probably think they were secret terrorists.

Old 01-27-2009, 07:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miborn View Post
Clinton let him go 3 times before he went completely underground! Yep he's great!
"Let him go"? Good Lord. Links please!

Old 01-27-2009, 08:03 AM

Quote:
What makes you think the world is not in serious economic trouble? Because you bought a car? I trade stocks for a living and I have to pay attention to this stuff. We actually are in a bit of a pickle. You seem to be focused on "people expecting handouts," which is so far off the point that it reinforces the impression a reader takes away from your post(s) - that if anyone is living in a bubble it is you.

I hope you and your friends keep your jobs and your world stays sunny, but the fact remains that the larger world faces serious difficulties. They're not dreamed up by "the bubble media." They are real.
You are making assumptions. You have concluded that I bought a car, and my world is sunny. When all I said was that I saw the price of a used car, and that I am not blaming anyone for my problems. Oh, and that I'm not currently out of a job, but that it is something I've dealt with in the past, so believe me, I know what it's like.

The "larger world" has always faced serious difficulties. Yet the media does lie, and it has been proven over and over. I am sorry that you fall for it.

Last edited by bettyboopster; 01-27-2009 at 08:05 AM.. Reason: misspelling

Old 01-27-2009, 08:05 AM

2,605 posts, read 4,846,418 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BringTheContent View Post
I didn't vote for him, but once again I do find myself agreeing with him. THEY did not "bring the war to us." If you want to talk about terrorism, fine... But try to follow this: An OVERWHELMING majority of Muslims ARE NOT terrorists.

And why is it always someone in the Carolinas that talks about how we're gonna get "smacked"? Here in NYC we go about living our lives. And in places the terrorists probably don't even know about, people are hiding in their closets and peeing in their pants.

Nobody is coming to get you. Your little town will continue to be very boring and very safe for generations to come. You can stop worrying.
Agreed, an overwhelming majority of Muslims are not terrorists but an underwhelming amount of them have spoken out against the terrorist acts that have occurred.

In addition: 13% of younger American Muslims polled believe that suicide bombings of civilians are acceptable to defend Islam.

As for your comments disparaging Carolinacowboy. How do you know that he doesn't live near a target? Are you so foolish as to think that the terrorists will only fly planes into buildings in NYC? Did it occur to you that he may have family living near targets?
You're an ignorant a-hole for your comments.

One more thing: Not only did they bring the war to us, they started the war.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections