Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should Nancy Pelosi Resign?
YES 69 69.00%
NO 31 31.00%
Voters: 100. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-15-2009, 02:33 PM

24,514 posts, read 33,345,271 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by happ View Post
You ask that question over & over again yet seem to forget the litany of examples. Some people just don't get it
Then list the top 5 reasons why.

Speaking of "not getting it," I'll say this: YOU are the one who does not "get it." Bush did not "ruin" the country. The current economic recession cannot be blamed on Bush alone (look up Fannie Mae/Freddie Mac/Barney Frank/Chrisopher Dodd).
Don't forget that throughout most of Bush's two terms, the economy was doing well... 52 consecutive months of job growth, unemployment as low as 4.6%, good GDP growth, low inflation, etc.
And Bush took terrorism seriously.

I'm not saying I agreed with him on everything...far from it, but anyone claiming that Pres. Bush "ruined the country" doesn't know what he/she is talking about.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-15-2009, 02:35 PM

Location: I currently exist only in a state of mind. one too complex for geographic location.
4,196 posts, read 5,848,450 times
liberals have no sense of history. FDR destroyed the country.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet View Post

Speaking of "not getting it," I'll say this: YOU are the one who does not "get it." Bush did not "ruin" the country. The current economic recession cannot be blamed on Bush alone (look up Fannie Mae/Freddie Mac/Barney Frank/Chrisopher Dodd).
Don't forget that throughout most of Bush's two terms, the economy was doing well... 52 consecutive months of job growth, unemployment as low as 4.6%, good GDP growth, low inflation, etc.

I'm not saying I agreed with him on everything...far from it, but anyone claiming that Pres. Bush "ruined the country" doesn't know what he/she is talking about.

Old 05-15-2009, 05:26 PM

4,829 posts, read 6,936,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXTwizter View Post
Since Nancy Pelosi LIED about her knowledge of waterboarding, should she resign from her seat as House Speaker?

Report: Aide Told Pelosi of Waterboarding Use - Presidential Politics | Political News - FOXNews.com (http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2009/05/12/house-majority-leader-congressional-hearings-explore-pelosis-interrogation/ - broken link)
Bye-bye Nancy! You lied, you continue to lie. You're fired!

Old 05-15-2009, 05:43 PM

3,292 posts, read 4,478,228 times
Seriously, this isn't even worth debating.

Torture is illegal. Those who authorized or passed down orders should be prosecuted and sent to jail. The lying is just a symptom (because they know that this is wrong and illegal).

Old 05-15-2009, 08:57 PM

5,319 posts, read 8,992,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet View Post

Not according to Bush's chief terrorism expert Richard A. Clarke:

YouTube - Richard Clarke: Bush IGNORED terrorism!

Old 05-15-2009, 09:32 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,933,857 times
No but she shopuld be removed from leadership roles as she is losing confidence.

Old 05-15-2009, 10:00 PM

4,428 posts, read 4,487,092 times
Nancy is an ultra-liberal. She will fight the good fight ( left wing-wise ). In other words, she will not resign unless she is forced to. Her goal is to be at the hanging party she is planning for Bush.

Continuation of her witch hunt may get her caught up in an investigation of interrogation methods that have already been admitted to. Retroactive illegality? But, it may not be declared that harsh information getting was actually illegal anyway.

With that in mind, if put under investigation herself about her accusations of CIA untruths, with CIA memos as proof that she was briefed, and if, under oath, she lies about ANYTHING, she could wind up in prison.

And, it's gone too far now. Even if the Democrats would decide to let this thing fizzle out, to hopefully save themselves from legal trouble, Nancy has opened herself up to investigation.

Her credibility has certainly been shot to hell. Many of her colleagues are about to bail on her, to save their own heads.

If she perjures herself in an ivestigation commanded by her President, she will be at risk of living out her golden years in prison. She will still have her governmental health care plan.

Old 05-15-2009, 10:18 PM

4,829 posts, read 6,936,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yooperkat View Post
Nancy is an ultra-liberal. She will fight the good fight ( left wing-wise ). In other words, she will not resign unless she is forced to. Her goal is to be at the hanging party she is planning for Bush.

Continuation of her witch hunt may get her caught up in an investigation of interrogation methods that have already been admitted to. Retroactive illegality? But, it may not be declared that harsh information getting was actually illegal anyway.

With that in mind, if put under investigation herself about her accusations of CIA untruths, with CIA memos as proof that she was briefed, and if, under oath, she lies about ANYTHING, she could wind up in prison.

And, it's gone too far now. Even if the Democrats would decide to let this thing fizzle out, to hopefully save themselves from legal trouble, Nancy has opened herself up to investigation.

Her credibility has certainly been shot to hell. Many of her colleagues are about to bail on her, to save their own heads.

If she perjures herself in an ivestigation commanded by her President, she will be at risk of living out her golden years in prison. She will still have her governmental health care plan.
Stick a fork in her, she is done.

Old 05-15-2009, 10:31 PM

11,431 posts, read 19,017,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXTwizter View Post
Since Nancy Pelosi LIED about her knowledge of waterboarding, should she resign from her seat as House Speaker?

Report: Aide Told Pelosi of Waterboarding Use - Presidential Politics | Political News - FOXNews.com (http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2009/05/12/house-majority-leader-congressional-hearings-explore-pelosis-interrogation/ - broken link)

when sen david vitter gives up his seat for lying about being with that hoooker.

Old 05-15-2009, 11:33 PM

11,486 posts, read 15,323,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lamexican View Post
I'm right on topic...conservatives are hypocrites. They don't accept that fact that they are hypocrites. You are one of the biggest here. Do as Isay not as I do, is your sides motto and I will continue to point out how all this talk from your side about how bad other politicians are while you backed the worst president of the US that I could ever imagine...
You have it totally backwards. Look at the records of your liberal leaders. Not anything to brag about.

Sorry even Bush was better then Carter and Clinton. I am not a fan of his at all but he did a ton better then Carter and did even better then Clinton did.

The worse President ever in my lifetime was Carter, followed by George Bush I, then Clinton, then Kennedy, then Nixon.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections