Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-21-2009, 07:48 PM

6,022 posts, read 7,835,656 times

Advertisements

Quote:
@ going to florida to get my GED
there is no such thing as a liberal party and if there was i wouldnt vote for it, same thing goes for conservative its an ideaology understand.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-22-2009, 06:43 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,831,688 times
Somewhere along the line I learned to believe in "Liberty and Justice for ALL" not just Liberty for the dominant race, Justice for the folks that can afford the most expensive lawyers. We have created a government of the corporation, for the corporation and by the corporation that places profit for their stockholders and managers above any other consideration. It is a strictly a pay to play political system that effectively leaves the working middle class and working poor out of the system.
[SIZE=3] [/SIZE]
Well we workers and middle class finally noticed and have an alternative to Republican misrule.

Old 06-22-2009, 07:25 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,752,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
Anyone that thinks LIBERALS do not argue with each other over policy, or any other, issues has not been paying any attention. We argue over everything – incessantly.

I thought this thread was about dissent within the Republican Party.
I don't think liberals argue much at all. They pretty much follow the party line, walk lockstep. You can take any topic and once someone says they're a liberal, you know 100% where they stand on it. Abortion - pro. Open borders - pro. Socialized health care - pro. Israel - against. Welfare programs - pro.

Old 06-22-2009, 12:29 PM

41,479 posts, read 59,831,688 times
Liberal I am.

Pro choice, anti abortion
Pro controlled immigration, anti uncontrolled immigration
Pro countervailling tariffs, anti regressive taxes
Pro UHC run by government, anti insurance business
Pro business, anti monopoly
Pro individual freedom, anti gun control
Pro real progressive Income tax, anti sales and property tax
Pro Social Security - against current system
Pro Israel, anti - Zionist

I do not follow anyone's Party Line. Never have, never will

Old 07-15-2009, 10:05 PM

377 posts, read 685,098 times
A huge fight is brewing up amongst the GOP....

www.baltimoresun.com/news/nation-world/bal-te.naacp15jul15,0,5494899.story

I think Michael Steele’s time as chairman of the GOP is now numbered. From his beginning as the chair of the party, many Neo-cons were obviously upset about his appointment or his nomination to lead them. He will later be blamed for everything that goes bad in the party - Even if he means it well or would like it to veer in the right direction.

His attendance at the NAACP convention and his emphasize of the “usual script” to describe other Republicans that have spoke there, has only caused more anger toward him by the Neo-cons.

Old 07-15-2009, 11:55 PM

2,953 posts, read 5,300,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Going-2-Florida View Post
Here is the difference.

Most conservative will speak on subject that they believe in and will discuss often many subjects to arrive at a conclusion. Often it will be the differences that most of them will be discussing and does cause arguments which is a good thing because you arrive at a debate over what it right or wrong.

Conservative are not a one issue party while liberals are mainly made up of one issue type people. Ex- Gay marriage, illegals, welfare, social programs etc. Most liberals will vote on what is important to them personally and will not go away from that thought. Most conservative will look at many issues.

Most liberals do not communicate well between each other and follow whoever the party line top brass is and do not and will not ever debate with each other what is right or wrong.

Otherwords, liberals just follow the leader and believe what he or she has to say. No debating, no arguing, nothing.

The liberal party is a disaster within itself because most of the time they follow the leader and do not discuss what is best for everyone.

Having no discussion in your party like the liberals have is not a good thing at all.
You started this post off well. As a moderate Republican, I am well aware of the diversity of beliefs that exist within the party. Having to defend myself from much of the Rush Limbaugh/Sarah Palin rhetoric and having to convince others that I am not "that kind" of Republican is getting old. However, to simply cast the same old sterotype back against the Democrates is useless and idiotic. I have several friends across the country who consider themselves Democrates or Liberals. A sampling: I have liberal leaning friends who are Federal Law Enforcement Officials, Construction workers, Insurance salesmen, Holistic health (I want to say Nuts, but will settle for Practicioners. They are as diverse in opinion and belief as we are.

What's best for this country is not demonizing each other, but to realize both sides have ideas, and that sometimes good ideas can and do exist on both sides of the political divide.

Old 07-16-2009, 12:01 AM

17,531 posts, read 24,715,644 times
The last real Conservatives left before the election, abandoning the GOP to the Limbaugh Lemmings. There are already more Independents than Republicans. I doubt if they will be coming back, might as well form a Conservative Party.

Old 07-16-2009, 12:02 AM

61,286 posts, read 87,483,906 times
heck of a choice for americans, rosie o'donnell or rush limbaugh.

Old 07-16-2009, 12:23 AM

2,953 posts, read 5,300,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
heck of a choice for americans, rosie o'donnell or rush limbaugh.
Ideologies don't solve problems, people do.

Which is why Rosie o'Donnell or Rush Limbaugh ultimately fail. They can influence weak-minded people, but they can never affect real change in this country.

Old 07-16-2009, 04:10 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,304,733 times
Default It must be opposite day, and no one told me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Going-2-Florida View Post
Here is the difference.

Most conservative will speak on subject that they believe in and will discuss often many subjects to arrive at a conclusion. Often it will be the differences that most of them will be discussing and does cause arguments which is a good thing because you arrive at a debate over what it right or wrong.

Conservative are not a one issue party while liberals are mainly made up of one issue type people. Ex- Gay marriage, illegals, welfare, social programs etc. Most liberals will vote on what is important to them personally and will not go away from that thought. Most conservative will look at many issues.

Most liberals do not communicate well between each other and follow whoever the party line top brass is and do not and will not ever debate with each other what is right or wrong.

Otherwords, liberals just follow the leader and believe what he or she has to say. No debating, no arguing, nothing.

The liberal party is a disaster within itself because most of the time they follow the leader and do not discuss what is best for everyone.

Having no discussion in your party like the liberals have is not a good thing at all.
You are way off the mark.
In fact, is it opposite day?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections