Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-09-2009, 02:39 PM

3,813 posts, read 4,919,334 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by seamusnh View Post
My guess is that she'll be the VP candidate and that Obama would be debating someone like Romney, Pawlenty, etc. Palin would debate Biden if he is the VP nominee...
If the GOP nominates Wailin' as their pick to run for VP or POTUS that will only prove that they're on the road to self destruction. I look forward to it!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-09-2009, 03:56 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,849,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tluv00 View Post
I am sure that wasn't her intention

Palin center of attention at big GOP dinner - CNN.com

Someone doesn't like not seeing her name on the front page. Is it just me or is she a white, female version of T.O.?
She got her narcissistic "fix" for awhile.

Old 06-09-2009, 07:50 PM

11,486 posts, read 15,322,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerlily View Post
There was a link to Drudge so I read her interview with Hannity. She's still can't construct a sentence. We can only hope she continues to upstage Newt in 2012. Can you imagine a debate between Sarah and Obama?

Yes I can, she would eat him alive with his record of failures!!!

Do not get so worried about her right now, you libs seem to be scared of her as you talk about her all the time.

She will NOT be the main ticket in 2012.

Newt would make Obama look like a total fool in a debate. Newt's intelligence is so far beyond Obamas that Obama would have to use an teleprompter to answer his questions.

I would love to see Newt one on one with Obama, he would destroy him and make him look even more stupid then he really is.

NEWT-Romney 2012 for me.

Old 06-10-2009, 05:32 PM

34,254 posts, read 20,553,551 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny-Days90 View Post
Do not get so worried about her right now, you libs seem to be scared of her as you talk about her all the time.
Anytime someone begins their sentence with "You libs" or "You Repubs" it becomes as intelligent as a racist rant against "You <enter race of choice>."

Actually she makes the news because of the basic policy of "If it is controversial, it sells." And she fits the bill. That's why people talk about her, because she gets in the news, not because people are scared of her. Get real.

I don't think people are scared of her, I think people either like her, hate her, or are somewhere in between. And that includes libs, conservatives, and everyone else.

Now, I will let you get back to your next, "You libs..." post.

Old 06-11-2009, 12:05 AM

27,623 posts, read 21,150,313 times
Palin is a caricature. Her notoriety is the equivalent of a circus freak show featured oddity. Anyone that really and truly belives that she could ever possibly be qualified enough to come close to sitting in the Oval Office, is either lying just to be contrary or really stupid.

Old 06-17-2009, 11:56 AM

37,956 posts, read 17,896,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
Palin is a caricature. Her notoriety is the equivalent of a circus freak show featured oddity. Anyone that really and truly belives that she could ever possibly be qualified enough to come close to sitting in the Oval Office, is either lying just to be contrary or really stupid.
Agreed. I still think it was a throw away election the repubs knew they couldn't win. The botched purchase of the land for the rec center is enough to disqualify Palin on running a lemonade stand much less the country.

Old 06-17-2009, 08:36 PM

377 posts, read 685,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
Anyone that really and truly belives that she could ever possibly be qualified enough to come close to sitting in the Oval Office, is either lying just to be contrary or really stupid.
Well, believe it or not, there actually people around who do! Its so sad yet so true…

Old 06-17-2009, 09:01 PM

4,465 posts, read 8,006,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tluv00 View Post
I am sure that wasn't her intention

Palin center of attention at big GOP dinner - CNN.com

Someone doesn't like not seeing her name on the front page. Is it just me or is she a white, female version of T.O.?
Current GOP is a freak show, and she's just the bigger freak.

No big, or even little, news.

Old 06-17-2009, 10:12 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,924,900 times
I personally don't beleiev that thier is any better politcal speakers in the last twenty years that a were better than Newt;Reagan and clinton.I have seen no interview that any media person stood a chance.

Old 06-17-2009, 10:41 PM

38,647 posts, read 26,411,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerlily View Post
There was a link to Drudge so I read her interview with Hannity. She's still can't construct a sentence. We can only hope she continues to upstage Newt in 2012. Can you imagine a debate between Sarah and Obama?
That would be great. Obama could attempt to explain why after boo-hooing about GB's staggering $459 billion deficit, he immediately quadruples it to $1.8 trillion without anyone really knowing where the money went or is going and can't really point to any positive developments for our borrowed trillions. The Spending Package that was so urgently needed that no one in the Congress was given time to read took BO five days to sign after passing. I'd like to know why? I'd like to know what we are supposed to be getting for our money. We were promised that if we passed the spending package unemployment would not raise above 8%. That was the purpose right? But now it's at 9.4% and likely to go higher.

After all the finger pointing he follows most of the Bush Administration polices. The ones he hasn't are blowing up in his face. He's a moron with no executive experience. He doesn't have a clue what he's doing. He gave a nice speech on Friday and congratulated himself in advance for the positive outcome of Iran's elections. He actually gave himself credit in advance for their elections.

List three things he has accomplished since coming into office. Assume that he will do better for the next three years and Palin or any right minded conservative will still eat him alive on energy policy. Rice-burner cars and non-existent wind mills? That's the plan? Doesn't want to drill anywhere. Doesn't want to use our own abundant coal even though the Global Warming Scam is now obvious to everyone with an IQ above that of a grapefruit. He wants to tax our most abundant and cost effective energy resource while doing little to develop any alternatives? That's no plan.

In three years N. Korea and possibly Iran will have missiles topped with nuclear warheads aimed at California. But BO cut the missile defense shield and a prototype modified 747 with a powerful laser capable of destroying missiles during their launch. This is where he decided to cut spending? Can you name any other spending he cut? We're spending nearly a trillion dollars of borrowed money to stimulate jobs but for some reason felt these aerospace worker's jobs were expendable.

He's shown the world he gives good teleprompter, but when the real pain begins, America will set aside the generous optimism with which they overlooked the short-comings of the first viable black candidate for POTUS. We were anxious to prove ourselves capable of looking past race to vote for Obama, but now that benefit of the doubt is used up. Now he owns his ineptitude and will be held accountable by his opponent.

Your boy's wet behind the ears and is screwing-up constantly. He's a one term President.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections