Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-09-2009, 06:15 PM

24,511 posts, read 33,328,605 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
All media express some bias. That is in the nature of the beast. Fox News has one bias and NPR another. Neither tells the complete truth because they never know the full story, but I believe NPR at least tries while FOX has no intention of confusing its viewers with facts.

NPR is closer to neutral while Fox is pure propaganda that continues to hold to the Republican/neo-conservative Party Line.
A ridiculous claim.

NRP leans far to the left.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-09-2009, 09:52 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,231,983 times
Of course the Media is Biased. They have an agenda no matter which way they lean.

Old 07-10-2009, 01:48 AM

1,238 posts, read 1,414,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet View Post
A ridiculous claim.

NPR leans left about half as much as FOX leans right.

Old 07-10-2009, 08:49 PM

6,104 posts, read 5,994,605 times
The CIA has an impossible mandate trying to collect unbiased information while lying in the name of the American people. It is too easy to get confused. The CIA needs a new name and mission. It should be renamed the Committee for State Security. This new name sounds better in the original Russian. Then its personnel will no longer be in doubt as to the mission and can face the future with confidence and pride.

Old 07-10-2009, 10:03 PM

4,428 posts, read 4,484,248 times
The ACLU would prefer that all secrets are made public, worldwide.

Quit being so dumb.

Doesn't anyone still have pride in America? Obama crosses the world apologizing for our greatness.

He is an embarassment.

Old 07-11-2009, 03:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yooperkat View Post
The ACLU would prefer that all secrets are made public, worldwide.

Quit being so dumb.

Doesn't anyone still have pride in America? Obama crosses the world apologizing for our greatness.

He is an embarassment.
lol our greatness? If you still think theres anything great about America you've been living under a rock. This is the age of humility, as we've learned that we are not invincible like we once thought. Well I guess there's some that think Bush was a great president that may disagree, but a marginal percentage if at all.

Old 07-11-2009, 07:27 AM

5,299 posts, read 8,259,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manigault View Post
Its not bias or sloppiness -- it is a trap for folks who only read heads or the first few lines. Read the story before you comment, people.
This is so true. The first rule of journalism is to present the newspaper or journalist's point of view. This is something you learn in English 101. The media is quite aware of the short attention span of the U.S citizen, who probably won't finish the article. Good for debate on City Data though for those posters who read the complete linked article. LOL

Old 07-11-2009, 11:14 AM

11,078 posts, read 15,087,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet View Post
A ridiculous claim.

Knew you would show up to defend FAUX.Why aren't you hugging your Bill O. doll instead of posting here,it will get lonely

Old 07-11-2009, 07:04 PM

4,428 posts, read 4,484,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickeldude View Post
Well I guess there's some that think Bush was a great president that may disagree, but a marginal percentage if at all.

I never mentioned Bush.

Do you have penis envy?

Your President is a weirdo spending all of our money on crap.

I'm already waiting for you to tell the American people why idiots in Washington are good for us.

Old 07-12-2009, 01:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yooperkat View Post
I never mentioned Bush.

Do you have penis envy?

Your President is a weirdo spending all of our money on crap.

I'm already waiting for you to tell the American people why idiots in Washington are good for us.
I never said you did mention Bush... Read the post and try to understand it at the same time.

How did you know I have a small wang?

My president? as if you have a different one... Anyways our president is spending money to help the American people find jobs. Bush spent money on an impossible to win war and to kill innocent people. Its time for all of the people who voted Republican to be quiet and realize you were wrong.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections