Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-21-2009, 10:45 PM

12,669 posts, read 20,461,043 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by crbcrbrgv View Post
Wow, I had no idea we took cows, chickens and turkeys, put them in a middle of a field and shot at them from helicopters. Gee, Wally, I can't imagine why the Republicans are doing so poorly.
Some slaughter houses shoot the cow right in the field dress it out and haul it away to finish it up.

Old 08-21-2009, 11:09 PM

1,474 posts, read 2,919,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miborn View Post
MODS this should be in the Alaska forum as Palin is not longer in a political office.
This does directly affect them and their food source for survival.

Ashley Judd is slacking in the movies and thinks this will make her popular again.
Alaskans eat wolves?

<of course I am being sarcastic>

IF the wolf population needs to be controlled, there has to be a better way to do it.

Last edited by jillz; 08-21-2009 at 11:16 PM.. Reason: didn't complete my thought before hitting send

Old 08-21-2009, 11:12 PM

4,428 posts, read 4,486,194 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
Sport hunting from a helicopter and killing predators, even if under the auspice of "control" shows, like Mr. Canned Hunt himself, Dick Cheney, a disregard for wildlife that borders on the cruel and inhumane.
Wow, that's just as bad as fishing from a boat. Even girl scouts are allowed to go fishing. They can even put a worm on a hook.

Quote:
Also, I buy my meat from community farms and its organic. Factory farms are unhealthy, their livestock pumped full of growth hormones and their treatment inhumane
And just before you eat your humanely grown chicken, someone Chops it's head off. A beautifully broasted thigh from a once majestic chicken staring you in the face ... and then you eat it.

Where is Nancy Pelosi when you need her. You can't drill for domestic oil and you shouldn't be able to eat chicken anymore either. She could push that through Congress by early October.

Old 08-22-2009, 11:14 AM

3,813 posts, read 4,919,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miborn View Post
Some slaughter houses shoot the cow right in the field dress it out and haul it away to finish it up.
Very inefficient use of time and manpower..... if true. Link?

Old 08-22-2009, 09:13 PM

1,238 posts, read 1,415,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jillz View Post
Alaskans eat wolves?

<of course I am being sarcastic>

IF the wolf population needs to be controlled, there has to be a better way to do it.
No way. If I had to kill something, shooting it with a sniper rifle from a helicopter would be my number one choice. I mean I think Palin is a dumbass and all, but god that is so cool.

Old 08-22-2009, 11:06 PM

26,211 posts, read 19,546,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yooperkat View Post
Wow, that's just as bad as fishing from a boat. Even girl scouts are allowed to go fishing. They can even put a worm on a hook.

And just before you eat your humanely grown chicken, someone Chops it's head off. A beautifully broasted thigh from a once majestic chicken staring you in the face ... and then you eat it.

Where is Nancy Pelosi when you need her. You can't drill for domestic oil and you shouldn't be able to eat chicken anymore either. She could push that through Congress by early October.

If you can put a worm on a hook, can you also take a Xanax or two?

Look into it.

Old 08-23-2009, 01:30 AM

4,085 posts, read 8,794,458 times
What's ridiculous is that this stupid bimbo Palin routinely kills animals brutally, not for food, but for sport. She does it in the most cowardly fashion possible, from a plane where no animal can get at her, and brutally as shown in the video. That kind of "sport" is allowed.

Meanwhile, Michael Vick goes to jail for being tied to dog-fighting rings. Not that Vick was right, but I think what Palin does is far more brutal and cowardly and inhumane. Yet, that stupid bimbo Palin gets praise and a run at the vice presidency while her minions defend her, and Vick gets TWO YEARS IN PRISON, and now that he's out, having done his time and paid his debt to society, people are still organizing to protest him and to argue that he shouldn't even be allowed to return to his career. Why aren't these people focusing more on Palin?

Well, what else can we expect from a country that sends Plaxico Burress to prison for TWO YEARS for carrying a licensed firearm (even though the license expired) and shooting himself accidentally, but does NOTHING to a jackass who shows up to protest our nation's President with a gun slung over his shoulder??? The stupidity is consistent at least.

In this nation we all too often over-punish people severely while letting other nutjobs off the hook for worse variations of the same types of offenses. Reminds me of the time I went to court in NY for a mandatory appearance for having an open container of alcohol in public - I was standing outside the door to Madison Square Garden, away from the street, drinking a beer, before a basketball game where I was going to buy another beer or two inside also. I went to court and in the same court, all who had an open container charge and pled not guilty were assigned a future trial date, while those who had a marijuana possession charge and pled not guilty had their cases DISMISSED because for some reason THAT court had no trial dates available, even though trial dates were available for the open container of alcohol folks. I pled guilty and paid $25 after taking a day off work and killing the whole day in that courtroom, watching this stupidity. But the stupidity is apparently consistent.

Someone ought to smack Sarah Palin in her smug face.

Old 08-23-2009, 01:35 AM

141 posts, read 287,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
You go girl. Thinking Americans are with you and against the ditz.

And Palin, as we all know, is toast. You win Ashley.

YouTube - Sarah Palin's Ongoing Wolf Slaughter
the day i care what ashley judd has to say on any issue, cut my wrists for me please

Old 08-23-2009, 02:02 AM

1,238 posts, read 1,415,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Syngar99 View Post
the day i care what ashley judd has to say on any issue, cut my wrists for me please
I'd trust Ashley Judd before I'd listen to Sarah Palin. And this isn't a political issue, its an animal cruelty issue, so why is what she has to say equal to cuttring your wrists?

I think you need to talk to someone bro.

Old 08-23-2009, 02:05 AM

141 posts, read 287,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickeldude View Post
I'd trust Ashley Judd before I'd listen to Sarah Palin. And this isn't a political issue, its an animal cruelty issue, so why is what she has to say equal to cuttring your wrists?

I think you need to talk to someone bro.
really ? seemed like an attempt to gloat about a onesided rant by a b list actress and d list musician.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections