Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-18-2009, 02:36 PM

24,620 posts, read 28,304,733 times

Advertisements

citizenkane, are you trying to hijack the thread?
You're way off topic.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-18-2009, 02:46 PM

6,022 posts, read 7,835,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElizNJ View Post
The military represents traits that Obama will never have...honor, strength, courage, self sacrifice and deep love of country.

Not only doesn't he possess these traits, he is threatened by them. They are simply foreign
to his "community organizer" mentality. He knows how to lie, bully, evade and put blame on anyone except himself. He and his administration show disdain for this country, showing preferences for the United Nations and "global" economy and courts.

His unprecedented grab for power and emphasis on power centered in the executive branch show that he's more interested in putting forward his own radical and anti-american agenda
than in the best interests of this country.

Obama has no qualities that would make a good military man - he has no qualities that would make him a good president.

whoa now lol, i hate going backwards but if you actually believe anything you just typed i feel bad for you. nah no i dont i gives a squat..
i can tell you like lies.. because people in our politics have been involved in the military and have been some of the most lying MF'S and manipulaters in our time

i guess its only politically conveinent to hate specific people who you claim to not have specific qualities and love others who equally doesnt have those qualities as you claim so basically your a liar and have a sense of a bag of sand

Old 09-18-2009, 03:38 PM

3,071 posts, read 9,146,430 times
The wording of the topic just shows us another teabagger trying to twist and spin and cry. You teabaggers just wont stop..LOL

Old 09-19-2009, 09:50 PM

5,391 posts, read 7,236,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zz4guy View Post
Why is Obama so hellbent on cutting military programs? Ie FCS, F22, JSF, and yet he and his chronies spend money like water?!
Where has it been said that Joint Strike Fighter is being cut?

He's trying to cut funding to Rolls Royce for the engines, so that the US Pratt & Whitney can get the deal. That's not a cut of the program.

The FCS cuts were for the vehicles, which went over budget and failed to deliver better performance.

Money not spent there can be spent on other DoD programs. Can you show that the overall DoD budget has been diminished by Obama?

Old 09-20-2009, 08:40 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,924,900 times
He doesn't ahte the military. He just has a party that wants to spend the money on theirselfs. Its all about the same greed they talk about on wall street.Look at the stimulus for example;much of it goes to specail intyerest gropus and those mostly to elite causes run by the democratic rich. They throw a few peanuts to the peanut gallery democrats in the lower classes to make them believe that they are all aprt of the same group.

Old 09-21-2009, 09:59 PM

613 posts, read 1,055,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
Maybe those in your unit, but "most" is a bit of a stretch.
I've been working with office corps over the decades, and they'd beg to differ with you.
Officer corps??? I was talking about real soldiers ones that actually do the fighting.

Old 09-22-2009, 04:15 AM

37,956 posts, read 17,896,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twista6002 View Post
Wait, I don't get it. First you righties whine about how much you hate the fact he's spending a lot, now you're getting on his case for cutting down? Whatever happened to the true conservative. All it is now is naysayers who are naysayers for the sake of being naysayers.
oh sure like common sense means anything to neocons. Our troops should be here protecting our borders instead of overseas protecting oil interests.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections