Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-17-2009, 10:52 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,726,880 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yooperkat View Post
When there is such a disconnect from reality by news corporations who are in bed with "The Movement", there is no reality in their reporting.
They are just businesses who have put all their chips in -- in the hopes that their bets will pay off by being whores for the Pelosi crowd.

It is abhorent, it is a disservice to the public, but it is business.

If these news agencies lose profits, it's no skin off my nose.

The Obama administration has even been talking about imposing nationally what kind of news can be broadcast.

Guess what kind of news is OK and what kind of news isn't OK.

NBC has failed, and continues to fail. They deserve their diminishing audience. And stockholders deserve financial loss.
Please post a link to information about this and your other theories.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-17-2009, 10:57 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,726,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy Tea View Post
I was watching a little MSNBC last night during the commericals on Fox. MSNBC is so out of touch and do nothing besides spew propaganda aimed right at their base viewers. No wonder Fox has 3 times the viewers. For that matter no wonder conservative talk radio gets way more listeners. Even if it is slanted, they at least make an effort to draw in people and discuss the issues and to sell their position. MSNBC and liberal talk radio look down on their viewers and listeners and just tell them what they want to hear and make no effort to reach anybody else. MSNBC,Air America, by idiots for idiots.
Some of that MSNBC propaganda that I watch every night, idiot that I am, cause of course I want to hear about these tragedies:

Rachel Maddow Show

Rachel Maddow Show

Rachel Maddow Show

Yep, very slanted reporting here folks.

Old 09-17-2009, 11:22 AM

20,484 posts, read 12,404,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
Some of that MSNBC propaganda that I watch every night, idiot that I am, cause of course I want to hear about these tragedies:

Rachel Maddow Show

Rachel Maddow Show

Rachel Maddow Show

Yep, very slanted reporting here folks.
I slogged thru the first video.

what I got outta that was a liberal idiot building a case for abandoning the fight in Afghanistan.

sick. disgusting and in the end further example of a liberal willing to let other folk die for their religion of wacky anti-war at any cost liberalism.

Old 09-17-2009, 02:20 PM

2,857 posts, read 6,729,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
I slogged thru the first video.

what I got outta that was a liberal idiot building a case for abandoning the fight in Afghanistan.
sick. disgusting and in the end further example of a liberal willing to let other folk die for their religion of wacky anti-war at any cost liberalism.
And why are some people so hell bent on us remaining in Afghanistan?

Old 09-17-2009, 02:42 PM

20,484 posts, read 12,404,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by domino View Post
And why are some people so hell bent on us remaining in Afghanistan?

"Some people" would include me and the President. This is the only issue I agree with Obama on.

Because not winning in Afghanistan will do two things.

First it will signal to the terrorists that they can beat us and therefore they will attack us with greater frequency and ferocity.

Second and more importantly, it will signal to those in the Muslim world who are currently our tenuous allies, that we cannot be trusted. That we do not have the ability to stand under pressure and they will turn to the radicals thus giving terrorism national support across the Muslim world.

We cannot afford to lose, neither in Iraq, nor in Afghanistan.

Old 09-17-2009, 07:22 PM

6,183 posts, read 6,082,526 times
NBC is the least popular of all major news outlets, yet righties are telling us over half the country was brainwashed by it

Old 09-18-2009, 01:04 AM

23,654 posts, read 17,531,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twista6002 View Post
NBC is the least popular of all major news outlets, yet righties are telling us over half the country was brainwashed by it
Not anymore. If Leno's show does not make it in the ratings they might as well close up shop, that is unless Obama bails them out. I wouldn't be surprised he does when they might as well change their name to OBC.

Old 09-18-2009, 01:14 AM

4,002 posts, read 3,909,045 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cagey cretin View Post
This thread isnt about FOX
It could qualify though .... with regard to Sheep ..

Old 09-18-2009, 11:56 AM

6,183 posts, read 6,082,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
Not anymore. If Leno's show does not make it in the ratings they might as well close up shop, that is unless Obama bails them out. I wouldn't be surprised he does when they might as well change their name to OBC.
Exactly. In terms of numbers how many people watch NBC is peanuts compared to FOX. Yet some righties are trying to tell us we're sheep to whatever MSNBC says. Hello, no one watches MSNBC. What's all the fuss about? If anything this proves it's the righties that are sheep to FOX.

Old 09-18-2009, 07:21 PM

8,289 posts, read 13,576,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yooperkat View Post
NBC Will Go Down With The Ship.

NBC is married to Obama. Married to the Democratic Party actually.

Many people ( potential voters ) are too young to understand what fair journalism was and should still be.

If you want to go through life believing that "what you want to hear" is ( because of your political bent ) reality, then you are fooling yourself.

NBC and it's affiliates have found out how easy it is to report only what fits it's agenda.

Agenda?

NBC has lost all credibility. When Obama screws America -- NBC praises him, and nods it's head in approval. Rainbows, and unicorns running through a field - free from hunting and plants aplenty used for fuel.

As reality sets in, the blind are still blind. NBC will not budge. They choose to paint a pretty picture, concerning progressivism.

Idiocy reigns in the head office. As fantasy seperates from reality and responsibility, NBC holds steadfast in it's commitment to Obama ( even reporting falsehoods to push a stupid philosophy ).

If reality is that the ship is going down, NBC will go down with the ship. And it's doing a good job of taking millions of Americans with them.

What are those Americans called? Oh Yeah ...... Sheep.
gee you could replace NBC with FOX and you might have a point!
At least NBC doesn't invent the news! ala Obama is a Muslim!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections