Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-22-2009, 04:28 PM

6,022 posts, read 7,828,690 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cagey cretin View Post
This thread isnt about FOX
doesnt matter the point can be turned anytime in any instance to counter someones point
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-22-2009, 07:43 PM

411 posts, read 468,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yooperkat View Post
NBC Will Go Down With The Ship.

NBC is married to Obama. Married to the Democratic Party actually.

Many people ( potential voters ) are too young to understand what fair journalism was and should still be.

If you want to go through life believing that "what you want to hear" is ( because of your political bent ) reality, then you are fooling yourself.

NBC and it's affiliates have found out how easy it is to report only what fits it's agenda.

Agenda?

NBC has lost all credibility. When Obama screws America -- NBC praises him, and nods it's head in approval. Rainbows, and unicorns running through a field - free from hunting and plants aplenty used for fuel.

As reality sets in, the blind are still blind. NBC will not budge. They choose to paint a pretty picture, concerning progressivism.

Idiocy reigns in the head office. As fantasy seperates from reality and responsibility, NBC holds steadfast in it's commitment to Obama ( even reporting falsehoods to push a stupid philosophy ).

If reality is that the ship is going down, NBC will go down with the ship. And it's doing a good job of taking millions of Americans with them.

What are those Americans called? Oh Yeah ...... Sheep.
You're right, msnbc should be like fox; "fair and balanced",,,ha,ha,ha

Old 09-22-2009, 07:59 PM

40,952 posts, read 49,183,047 times
NBC - Pretty lousy programming also. They cancelled "My Name is Earl" the only decent show they had on.

Old 09-23-2009, 01:55 AM

48,502 posts, read 96,848,488 times
Basically the liberals have dragged out evryone to unseat OReily but in the end all ahve disapppear. They then drug out Obermann and maddow ;who no one had ever heard of before;because it is the kiss of deathy. NBC;CBS and ABC news are dying a slow death since the 60 minutes suits that shopwed what they are willing to do to push their agenda.Tyhe Westmoreland case turned out to be huge and gave conservatives their voice.

Old 09-23-2009, 03:00 AM

24,510 posts, read 33,309,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latin King View Post
You're right, msnbc should be like fox; "fair and balanced",,,ha,ha,ha
MSNBC has a loooong way to go to be as fair & balanced as Fox News...

Old 09-23-2009, 03:43 PM

2,953 posts, read 5,294,983 times
I'm not knocking it, because I don't know that much about it, but the Project for Excellence in Journalism may itself be biased. It is controled by the Pew Research group, and this piece of data came from its Wiki page:

"While in the years immediately following its foundation the group was staunchly conservative in its views, later positions have included moves into environmental advocacy as well as support for "non-incarceration" methods of dealing with criminals"

I always think people should "consider the source" and do their own research before considering something as factual. The hard thing is to find truely quantifiable non-biased sources for this information.

While I am a conservative, I can't stand Fox and do not consider what they put out is news. Let's face it, Fox is owned by the same guy who owns the daily star and various other tabloids, and I feel Fox falls into that category. A few years ago, some research group did a study and found that Fox broadcasted more content that was sexual in nature that any other free cable channel including MTV! Rupert Murdoch knows how to make money, and the sad, hypocritical thing is that its usually these social conservatives, the value voters, that buy these tabloid rags and spend hours of their day eating up news stories about Anna Nicole Smith. Look how much coverage they are giving it right now and compare that to CNN. Let's face it Murdoch plays to his econimic base, and if liberals spent more money on magazines that detail Britanny Spears' love life, Fox would be more leftward leaning than even MSNBC.

Old 09-24-2009, 12:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GWhopper View Post
I'm not knocking it, because I don't know that much about it, but the Project for Excellence in Journalism may itself be biased. It is controled by the Pew Research group, and this piece of data came from its Wiki page:

"While in the years immediately following its foundation the group was staunchly conservative in its views, later positions have included moves into environmental advocacy as well as support for "non-incarceration" methods of dealing with criminals"
I wouldn't rely too much on Wiki. It is know to have errors.

Quote:
I always think people should "consider the source" and do their own research before considering something as factual. The hard thing is to find truely quantifiable non-biased sources for this information.
I agree. If people do their own research they will discover that Fox News is more fair than many will admit to.

Quote:
While I am a conservative, I can't stand Fox and do not consider what they put out is news. Let's face it, Fox is owned by the same guy who owns the daily star and various other tabloids, and I feel Fox falls into that category. A few years ago, some research group did a study and found that Fox broadcasted more content that was sexual in nature that any other free cable channel including MTV! Rupert Murdoch knows how to make money, and the sad, hypocritical thing is that its usually these social conservatives, the value voters, that buy these tabloid rags and spend hours of their day eating up news stories about Anna Nicole Smith. Look how much coverage they are giving it right now and compare that to CNN. Let's face it Murdoch plays to his econimic base, and if liberals spent more money on magazines that detail Britanny Spears' love life, Fox would be more leftward leaning than even MSNBC.
Strange that you "can't stand" Fox News. I think it is the best thing to come along, regarding news channels, especially since I had to suffer with CNN during the '80s and up to the mid-'90s. "Some stuides?" By whom? The left-wing "mediamatters?" Or the very left-wing New York Times? What difference does it make who owns Fox News? Ted Turner (the liberal) owns CNN.

Anyway, I would like to see similar studies done which breaks down each news channels' (Fox, CNN, MSNBC) reporting. Credible studies, that is, like the one I posted.

Old 09-24-2009, 05:13 PM

6,022 posts, read 7,828,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet View Post
MSNBC has a loooong way to go to be as fair & balanced as Fox News...

one idiot poll and you think that fox is balanced 24/7 if it is a right winged news network how is it balanced? how is right winged propaganda gonna gonna report anything from another side besides negativity.. if thats the balanced your talking about your crazy lol

Old 09-24-2009, 07:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by city414 View Post
one idiot poll and you think that fox is balanced 24/7 if it is a right winged news network how is it balanced? how is right winged propaganda gonna gonna report anything from another side besides negativity.. if thats the balanced your talking about your crazy lol
It is not a "poll!" Where did you get that idea?

It was study done by analyzing those news channels. And you say I'm crazy! You don't even know the difference between a poll and a study!

Old 09-24-2009, 07:59 PM

6,183 posts, read 6,074,281 times
Wasn't it ruled in a court case that because FOX was considered entertainment they had the right to lie and distort?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections