Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-21-2009, 08:59 PM

22,198 posts, read 19,487,286 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JenniferLynn View Post
That's why Obama is going to grant amnesty to all the illegals, turn them into legals and give them health care. Then he will say "See, no health care for illegals, just like I said."
The whole immigration reform isn't even being discussed...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-21-2009, 10:16 PM

168 posts, read 908,325 times
Hmm...well, two other people brought it up before I did. I didn't mean to hijack your thread. I was just responding to the other two posts.

Back to the original topic then. Yes, Obama is overexposed and, so far, I haven't seen any benefit.

Old 09-21-2009, 10:42 PM

22,198 posts, read 19,487,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JenniferLynn View Post
Hmm...well, two other people brought it up before I did. I didn't mean to hijack your thread. I was just responding to the other two posts.

Back to the original topic then. Yes, Obama is overexposed and, so far, I haven't seen any benefit.

I wasn't referring to changing the topic of the thread, but simply the fact that the issue about the path to citizenship or amnesty hasn't been discussed by Obama or Congress (on either side of the aisle) at all this year so trying to lump that into the health care debate is a bit disingenuous.

Old 09-21-2009, 11:49 PM

37,803 posts, read 41,052,604 times
I'm not a fan but I don't care if the President talks a lot as long as he's talking about something tangible and not some pie in the sky Blue Fairy Healthcare Plan of his that doesn't exist when he's talking about it...over and over and over and over.

The House posted a bill 2 seconds before Congress went on the Townhall Tour. The people attending the Townhall Meetings zeroed in on dubious items in the House Bill impacting them. US Senators had no clue at all about what was in the House Bill and acted like every question was a revelation and ridiculous. Representatives didn't bother to read what they were trying to defend. God only knows who actually wrote it. To compound the problem the Senate had no bill of its own at the time but that didn't stop the President from talking about Obamacare, a bill that didn't exist. Now he's looking like a liar because what he said about the imaginery bill early on isn't matching what's in the two floating around Congress now.

Too much talking, way too soon. If heathcare reform goes down, it's on him. He's the face of it. I'd say he's waaaaaay overexposed.

Can't wait to see who will be the face of the immmigration reform bill they didn't read or write.

Old 09-22-2009, 12:13 AM

37,151 posts, read 42,256,168 times
Overexposed? I guess maybe to the people glued to their televisions and who turn on every program he is on. That say's more about them than Obama, but they seem oblivious to that fact.

I've only seen him on tv twice. And I know I went out of my way to do so.

Old 09-22-2009, 10:18 AM

4,176 posts, read 6,339,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash255 View Post
The bill in plain language stated illegals would not be covered and that they can't get federal funding.
HR 3200 had language about not allowing illegals/undocumented aliens from not getting funds, but there was not a single word about verifying immigration status. Since the Joe Wilson outburst, the Senate has added more stringent verification mechanisms. Wilson's outburst, though rude, was effective as these issues were tightened up by the end of Friday after his Wed night outburst.

Keep in mind that the Healthcare plan does not go into effect until 2013 and Obama plans to give the illegals amnesty by that time. In addition, he was asked on Univision why he used the term 'illegal immigrants.' In true form, he pandered to illegals again, saying he only used that term b/c it was the term used by his critics with regard to the Healthcare bill. We have a President who kisses the rear ends of terrorists and illegal immigrants.

Old 09-22-2009, 10:19 AM

4,176 posts, read 6,339,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash255 View Post
The whole immigration reform isn't even being discussed...
It is being discussed behind the scenes with SEIU, etc and when Obama talks (I means panders) to the pro amnesty groups (La Raza, etc.)

Old 09-22-2009, 01:52 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,953,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
Overexposed? I guess maybe to the people glued to their televisions and who turn on every program he is on. That say's more about them than Obama, but they seem oblivious to that fact.

Exactly! Most people get over 100 channels. If you don't want to watch the President speak, then watch a movie. I also doubt if he appeared on Animal Planet or the Game Show Network either.

I rarely watch Letterman any more, but I made a point of watching the show on Monday night. Our society spends way too much time watching TV anyway. Wheel of Fortune is one of the most popular shows on the air. So I don't think listening to the leader of our country speak about his plans to improve the economy or our health care system is any worse than watching a rerun of Law & Order, Sex & The City, The Golden Girls or Two And A Half Men.

I want to go off topic for just a second, although it's related to the thread. I was reading a newspaper column online and someone complained that Obama was using tax dollars for a personal trip to New York to appear on the Letterman show. I wish I could find the link. I usually ignore such ignorant comments, but he actually thought that Air Force One was being used to fly Obama to New York to be on the Late Show for an hour. So I asked him if he reads only the right wing blogs that bash Obama or has any clue what's going on in the world like the meeting today with Israeli and Palestinian leaders at the United Nations which is in what city?

BTW, I am not directing this to the OP who was not bashing Obama or being negative.

Old 09-22-2009, 01:58 PM

4,002 posts, read 3,908,710 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gregandvicky View Post
136 appearances since taking office is over the top. Over exposure may be his problem with getting his message out.
Well I suppose he's got to do something being since his group of internet grass roots youngsters aren't interested anymore.

Old 09-22-2009, 06:19 PM

3,079 posts, read 3,124,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post

Not really...I can't remember the last time a sitting POTUS was on the tube these many times...I still support him just don't quite get this strategy and quite frankly don't like it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections