Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-12-2010, 07:38 PM

1,089 posts, read 658,218 times

Advertisements

Harry Reid leads Sue Lowden in latest poll numbers

The polling firm Fairbanks, Maslin, Maullin and Metz, have just released the following numbers for the U.S. Senate Race
  • Harry Reid 42% (D)
  • Sue Lowden 35% (R)
  • Scott Ashjian 3% (T)
  • Tim Fasano 5% (IAP)
  • None of these 8%
  • Undecided 8%
The polling firm also polled with Tarkanian in place of Lowden:
  • Harry Reid 37% (D)
  • Danny Tarkanian 37% (R)
  • Scott Ashjian 2% (T)
  • Tim Fasano 7% (IAP)
  • None of these 4%
  • Undecided 11%
It would seem that Sue Lowden’s Chickens for Health Care plan is having an effect on her numbers
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-12-2010, 08:05 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,755,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbrauer View Post
It would seem that Sue Lowden’s Chickens for Health Care plan is having an effect on her numbers.
But it's such a sensible plan. I don't understand.

Old 05-12-2010, 09:28 PM

22,264 posts, read 19,582,753 times
As much as I would like to believe it, the pollster isn't well known and doesn't have much of a record to go on, I also think in general its good to look at a few polls and not just one. I could see this being a possibility as Obama's numbers have generally improved over the last few weeks and the whole chicken fiasco made Lowden look quite silly, but we do need to see a few more polls before we can really speculate if this poll has any real substance or not.

Old 05-12-2010, 09:35 PM

41,325 posts, read 45,079,608 times
Quote:
Fairbanks, Maslin, Maullin and Metz
Who??

Hilarious!!

Hey op, did you get a look at their client list?

http://www.fmma.com/clients_pc.htm#pres (broken link)

I'm busting a gut over here.

Look!! Harry's a client!!

OMG, this is the most embarrassing thing I've read in a while.

Old 05-12-2010, 10:19 PM

12,669 posts, read 20,502,879 times
Quote:

The polling firm Fairbanks, Maslin, Maullin and Metz, have just released the following numbers for the U.S. Senate Race
  • Harry Reid 42% (D)
  • Sue Lowden 35% (R)
  • Scott Ashjian 3% (T)
  • Tim Fasano 5% (IAP)
  • None of these 8%
  • Undecided 8%
The polling firm also polled with Tarkanian in place of Lowden:
  • Harry Reid 37% (D)
  • Danny Tarkanian 37% (R)
  • Scott Ashjian 2% (T)
  • Tim Fasano 7% (IAP)
  • None of these 4%
  • Undecided 11%
It would seem that Sue Lowden’s Chickens for Health Care plan is having an effect on her numbers
Better rethink that because that is not what is being said in the news..... Baahaaahaaa

BTW Tarkanian would do a Great job in reids place!

Old 05-13-2010, 02:11 AM

2,553 posts, read 2,443,563 times
Quote:
The client list of U.S. senators/representatives at a glance appears to be all democrats.

Old 05-13-2010, 11:33 AM

77,770 posts, read 105,262,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash255 View Post
As much as I would like to believe it, the pollster isn't well known and doesn't have much of a record to go on, I also think in general its good to look at a few polls and not just one. I could see this being a possibility as Obama's numbers have generally improved over the last few weeks and the whole chicken fiasco made Lowden look quite silly, but we do need to see a few more polls before we can really speculate if this poll has any real substance or not.
and add to this, when you throw several names out it is pretty hard to get an accurate count, especially from a polling center with little credibility.

Nita

Old 05-14-2010, 03:46 PM

838 posts, read 925,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Who??

Hilarious!!

Hey op, did you get a look at their client list?

Fairbank, Maslin, Maullin & Associates (FMM&A) (http://www.fmma.com/clients_pc.htm#pres - broken link)

I'm busting a gut over here.

Look!! Harry's a client!!

OMG, this is the most embarrassing thing I've read in a while.

Sanrene or someone, could you please tell me why many posts here dissappeared? Were several pages of posts and from Pbrauer.

Old 05-14-2010, 06:54 PM

41,325 posts, read 45,079,608 times
Usually, when the mods delete a post for personal attacks, namecalling, off topic, etc, most times they will also delete those posts that responded to the offending post.

Old 05-14-2010, 09:34 PM

838 posts, read 925,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Usually, when the mods delete a post for personal attacks, namecalling, off topic, etc, most times they will also delete those posts that responded to the offending post.
I see. Gee, I was trying to help scold someone for name calling so I guess that was off topic. Thank you, appreciate you explaining this to me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections