Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-04-2010, 02:54 PM

15,912 posts, read 20,201,643 times

Advertisements

I beg to differ, you can get some shows on the internet that are shown on tv.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-05-2010, 02:48 AM

10 posts, read 26,856 times
Internet will be my choice. Internet has got many benefits than TV. It has various mediums of knowledge sharing where information can be exchanged at the behest.

Old 10-05-2010, 03:05 AM

211 posts, read 544,674 times
Default tv or internet

Well now you dont have to choose.
GOOGLE is comming out with a TV that
has INTERNET.
Saw it tonight on tv.

Old 10-05-2010, 03:08 AM

45 posts, read 93,194 times
OK, I know this is cheating, but as you can watch TV on the internet, I would gladly loose the actual television set and opt for the computer.

I often YouTube while I browse the internet, download photos and watch dvds, all this conveniently at my fingertips.

Old 10-09-2010, 06:16 AM

5 posts, read 5,919 times
I will choose TV.
Actually i am having computer from a long time with internet and i don't have any interest in that. It makes me boar.
On the other hand on TV there are lots of channels you can watch and can choose any one at any tome to watch, its much entertainer than PC.

Old 10-10-2010, 04:32 PM

6,023 posts, read 14,069,265 times
Default We quit commercial TV, now we "surf" for movies. ~♥~

What we do is have a Netflix account and pick a movie to stream to our TV. While watching I go to Wikipedia and bring up the movie I am watching. This lets you catch up if you took a break to the toitie or got a phone call and forgot to pause the movie.
While the Wiki page is up you can look at the linked pages of the actors, directors etc. and look at their pages and the movies they have been involved with.
Those movies you can bring up on Wiki to see if you want to see them or not and if so you can have the Netflix window next to the Wiki window and go down the line to see if any listed is offered on Netflix and add to your list.
That is how we find movies to watch, by "surfing" Netflix / Wiki.
For news and weather we just use the computer and we gave up cable and satellite commercial TV because I was wearing out my "didger finger" flipping from channel to channel running away from all the annoying commercials.
Since Halloween is coming up we have been dwelling on really bad B grade horror films and also we have been allowing ourselves to be "Tromatized" by watching a lot of those "made to be bad" Troma Entertainment spoofs on the old B grade monster movies. ~♥~
We just finished watching "Surf Nazis Must Die" (There are some good real surfing scenes in that if you can handle the stupidity of the movie itself.)

Old 10-11-2010, 08:06 PM

4,803 posts, read 10,175,796 times
I pick computer! The tv is nice for backround noise!
i can't live without the internet. I'm serious. I just go crazy if I can't go on.

Old 10-15-2010, 04:17 AM

13 posts, read 21,686 times
Hi...

I choose a computer because of all the features of TV are available in computer and people can get and search all kind of information by internet...

Old 10-15-2010, 06:26 AM

23,857 posts, read 71,331,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smithdalls View Post
I will choose TV.
Actually i am having computer from a long time with internet and i don't have any interest in that. It makes me boar.
On the other hand on TV there are lots of channels you can watch and can choose any one at any tome to watch, its much entertainer than PC.
There is two of us!

Old 10-27-2010, 06:32 PM

9,301 posts, read 8,349,337 times
Computer with internet.

Computer with internet has everything that is on TV and more. Not only that you can (gasp) make your own shows.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts