Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-09-2017, 06:34 PM

20,169 posts, read 24,334,415 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aery11 View Post
She lost me when she spoke about violence. We all know she was not talking about liberal or Democrat 'violence' but frankly that is all there has been - it hasn't been coming from those associated with Trump. That was despicable because she knew the audience and that she was on a world stage.

She will probably get a raise considering the crowd she was preaching to but it is just getting harder and harder for me to enjoy her (or any liberal who lies about something they have no real insight into) films even though I liked her as an actress in many of her works. She should stay out of politics and just thank her lawyer and her accountant and puddytat next time.

It made me sick today to turn on the tv in Canada and listen to the vitriole she spewed being repeated constantly on every news and morning show out there, even on the Monday morning 'women's shows' - and they were praising her for saying what she did .. out of pure ignorance.
But you must concede that it takes a spectacular act of will -- not to mention a suspension of belief -- to take seriously the opinions of people, like Streep, who make a living pretending to be someone else.

Old 01-09-2017, 06:37 PM

2,182 posts, read 2,321,661 times
The speech wasn't eloquent, well-spoken or thought out in my opinion. And I wish she hadn't used the award show as a platform for her speech. And I say that about everyone who does the same. It's very irritating. I am not waiting for some entertainer, celebrity or actress to tell me how to think, speak and behave.

I was looking forward to her speaking about her many decades in film and was very disappointed. She's still one of my all time fave actress... always will be.

Old 01-09-2017, 06:46 PM

6,806 posts, read 4,476,268 times
I love Meryl Streep, but her speech is a huge disappointment. I feel differently about her now, and it's not good. That platform was her chance to thank those people who helped her win that Golden Globe Award. Instead, she dissed them, ignored them all, and chose to go on a lengthy tirade against our next president.

And, as if that wasn't bad enough, Trump responded with an insult about her acting ability.

Grow up, both. Whatever happened to adults who held themselves to higher standards? Our children are watching this stuff, and learning from it.

Old 01-09-2017, 06:49 PM

16,177 posts, read 32,501,220 times
This is not the P & OC forum. Thread Closed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts