Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-18-2010, 03:34 AM

1,873 posts, read 4,411,843 times

Advertisements

I think people go after him because he's so massively popular. The less commercial you are, the "cooler" you are. Everywhere you turn, people take jabs at him, but look at his Facebook, Twitter, etc. He's got tons of fans. I mean, he filled an arena for one of his comedy specials and he was one of the first comics to utilize the internet to really gain a fanbase.

His BK Lounge bit is pretty hilarious, IMO.

YouTube - Dane Cook - BK Lounge Burger King

He's not the best by any stretch, but I've certainly seen worse.
(Three words: Last Comic Standing)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-21-2010, 07:13 AM

24,421 posts, read 23,076,143 times
Tracy Morgan, Kathy Griffin, Rita Rudner, Cedric, Tyler Perry, Steve Harvey, Tom Green, Larry The Cable Guy, Carlos Mencia, Jon Stewart: all should be on their knees daily thanking God that they got anywhere as comedians or actors.

Old 10-22-2010, 01:33 PM

17,029 posts, read 30,932,502 times
I dont get his appeal either. I've watched two of his comedy specials once sober and once with cocktails. Didnt laugh at either one. Figured I'm getting old, but some other younger comedians i find funny so I dont think its just me.

Old 10-25-2010, 03:49 AM

14 posts, read 38,332 times
He is really not an interesting comedian??.I have never watched his any show.After reading views about him, I think nobody like him..

Old 10-29-2010, 02:37 PM

25 posts, read 30,051 times
I never liked his comedy, and for a while I felt like I was the only one. I think the reason he blew up the way he did is the reason things like Twilight blow up, because they appeal to teenage girls. It seems when most teenage girls become fans of something, they become obsessed with it, and hype it up like it's the greatest thing on earth. Then most people just follow the herd. Not to say everyone who enjoys his comedy is the type of person I described, but I believe many of them are.

Old 10-29-2010, 08:19 PM

278 posts, read 993,459 times
Dane Cook is alot better than Ron White. Ron White makes money off of being stupid, and he doesn't even have a Southern accent in real life.

Old 10-29-2010, 09:46 PM

15,395 posts, read 22,531,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RLCMA View Post
Being from Boston I like to see locals with talent succeed in their careers (Jay Leno, Athony Michael Hall, etc.). But I have to say...I think Dane Cook is just awful. I'm bored with his routine within the first 2 minutes because he is not funny at all. He tells ridiculous stories that have no element of humor at all and yet people love the guy. I just don't get it. In all honesty, what makes this guy even remotely funny?
Who's Dane Cook?????.

Old 11-07-2010, 06:03 AM

1,873 posts, read 4,411,843 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShelbyCop View Post
Dane Cook is alot better than Ron White. Ron White makes money off of being stupid, and he doesn't even have a Southern accent in real life.
Dane Cook better than Ron White??! Oh my God, I couldn't disagree more. His last special that he did in Seattle was his best yet. Granted, yeah, his personal life sucks... he's clearly a drunk. But.. damn he is funny. And he keeps getting better. Again, he's another one of those comics - it's more in his delivery than in what he says. Not anyone could do his act word-for-word and make it as funny as he does.

And he's easily the funniest of all the "Blue Collar" guys.

This bit on Leno is effin' hilarious!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mQjgW8QlHPM

Old 03-18-2012, 11:46 AM

35 posts, read 36,754 times
Horrible. Take the obscenities out and he has no material. I'm not a prude. I'm just saying he resorts to fart jokes and sexual references because he lacks the ability to be "funny" without it.

And the kids all hopped up on X and taking the pot just eat it up. (My attempt at humor).

Old 03-22-2012, 10:25 PM

3,387 posts, read 6,629,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RLCMA View Post
Being from Boston I like to see locals with talent succeed in their careers (Jay Leno, Athony Michael Hall, etc.). But I have to say...I think Dane Cook is just awful. I'm bored with his routine within the first 2 minutes because he is not funny at all. He tells ridiculous stories that have no element of humor at all and yet people love the guy. I just don't get it. In all honesty, what makes this guy even remotely funny?
Totally agree, he's horrible.

BLEGH!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts