Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon > Eugene area
 [Register]
Eugene area Eugene - Springfield metro area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-22-2008, 11:07 AM

1 posts, read 2,398 times

Advertisements

Hi,
I'm a musician considering relocating to Eugene. Are there a fair amount of clubs/venues to play at (for a smaller city) in the Eugene or outlying areas? Specifically Jazz/RB. I'm coming from an area that has a fair amount of musicians but not that many venues. Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-17-2008, 01:37 PM

17 posts, read 50,710 times
Default re: jazz music

Hi,
My husband and I are also relocating from So Cal to OR in the spring. He is a vocalist/songwriter, specifically jazz & standards but other stuff too. He is very concerned that we choose a place that has enough high quality musicians and audience to support performances, even if it's just once a month at a nice restaurant.
Currently he sings locally with a great jazz combo plus 2 big bands, but wants to find a collaborator for some contemporary music, too. He has a killer in-home studio, but could sure use some help learning Qbase!
Obviously there's a huge music scene in Portland, but I don't want to live in a big city. Corvallis area has a ton of musicians, but limited audience, as most are students?
Now I'm looking in Medford/Southern Oregon, and at least I see guitar shops and music stores... but again, is there an AUDIENCE for some cool Michael Buble/Nat Cole/ kind of stuff?? I think Eugene might be too grunge/young (we're boomers)? Please let me know what you find out and where you land. I'd love to know what your own research has discovered.
Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon > Eugene area