Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon > Eugene area
 [Register]
Eugene area Eugene - Springfield metro area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-25-2009, 03:33 PM

915 posts, read 1,625,099 times

Advertisements

hi - presently visiting from the east/caring for my elderly aunt in eugene, OR. any suggestions of a nice place for someone with mild cognitive impairment/possible vascular dementia in early stages and with slight mobility issues (a little unsteady on feet but able to walk/self-mobile).
she wants her independence but likely needs a bit more help than she wishes to admit - any help? there is some money for private pay but in time, that will surely run out so the likelihood would be the need for a place that will in time take medicaid when the money is exhausted - however, we will consider private pay places as well - help please!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2009, 12:05 AM

6,820 posts, read 9,055,774 times
I used to live in the southwest part of Eugene, near this very nice looking facility:

http://www.retirement.org/cascade/index.htm

I don't know much about it, but I do know that it's across the street from a small shopping center with a Market of Choice (a bit like Whole Foods), a European deli/restaurant, a coffee shop, etc. It looks quite nice from the outside.

Here's one by the Willamette River, but I don't know anything about it:

http://www.willametteoaks.com/default.asp

If I remember correctly, there was also a very tall building near Skinners Butte which I think is a retirement community. I could see it from my house up on the hill. I always thought it was an apartment building or condos until one day when I walked by to check it out. I couldn't find the name, maybe a local member knows which one I'm talking about. This is located near downtown and very close to the river walkway.

Best of luck!

Old 02-03-2009, 02:00 PM

10,990 posts, read 20,561,057 times
My GodMother lives at the Cascade Manor, it is very nice.

Another place to consider is the Mennonite Village in Albany.

Old 02-08-2009, 10:00 PM

6,066 posts, read 15,045,388 times
Here is a link to the City of Eugene 55+ services (http://www.eugene-or.gov/portal/server.pt?open=514&objID=2111&qid=99870565&rank=3& parentname=SearchResult&parentid=1&mode=2&in_hi_us erid=2&cached=true - broken link)... I would contact someone at the Campbell center and just ask questions, talk to them, they might be able to point you in a good direction.

Campbell Center 155 High Street Office Hours: 8a-4:30p M-F Phone: (541) 682-5318 Fax: (541) 682-6386

Old 02-09-2009, 06:30 AM

915 posts, read 1,625,099 times
to all - thank you for the input - she jumped on an independent living place near her former apartment - looks like it works and yet time will tell - the welcome visit was more upbeat than the subsequent first week of staying there but it could be getting used to the routine. it has convinced me that they will have to drag me kicking and screaming into any sort of facility.........................these places are not ready for the anarchisictic (new word) baby boomers who aren't real rule friendly.......
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon > Eugene area