Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon > Eugene area
 [Register]
Eugene area Eugene - Springfield metro area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-23-2009, 12:54 PM

32 posts, read 123,294 times

Advertisements

For essential oil mixing try BodyJaz. They're located on 29th and Willamette in that shopping center (they're right on the corner though). They have a pretty cool mixing bar.

The owner started out selling massage tables and supplies to massage therapists, so he has a good array of oils and such.

BodyJaz - Natural bath and body, organic skin care, scented soy candles, yoga, massage products
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2009, 09:11 AM

652 posts, read 1,784,939 times
Default Maybe a new tack is in order for you

You may want to rethink how you approach things here.
My experience of Eugene is that "locals" resent it deeply if you mention anything they don't already have here, as being good or desireable. They seem to have attached their sense of self worth to the town, so any remarks or comments about the town good or bad makes them react as if you have said this about them personally rather than taking it as it a comment about the situation in the town in general. They won't tell you this to your face either.
Serious boundary issue there, but it is a common thing in a lot of localities around the world. It isn't right but it is a fact.

These things you lack if you don't decide to go get them or open a store that sells them, will become less and less important to you as time goes on. You'll find less resentment from those who preceded you here if they can see that you accept that there are some things that cannot be had here.
It is a kind of badge of honor to live well w/o things others think are idespensible. The simpler the better is the ethic.

Old 07-02-2009, 12:16 AM

499 posts, read 1,446,717 times
I'd have to ditto Haggardhouseelf. Why did you move to Eugene? Eugene is a great small city but you can't compare it to a city the size of Portland. You're sounding like the folks who move to a new location and all they do is talk about how wonderful the place they moved from is.

Old 08-23-2009, 10:47 PM

2,184 posts, read 5,549,769 times
Exclamation Body Jaz is GONE

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishnoise7 View Post
For essential oil mixing try BodyJaz. They're located on 29th and Willamette in that shopping center (they're right on the corner though). They have a pretty cool mixing bar.

The owner started out selling massage tables and supplies to massage therapists, so he has a good array of oils and such.

BodyJaz - Natural bath and body, organic skin care, scented soy candles, yoga, massage products
I think they went out of business. They really needed the millions this OP was intending to spend on herself. *She could be good for our economy if we could just figure out how to make her happy*

I'm very tempted to be sassy here!

*insert Jon Stewart astonishment* She neglected to bring her servants &... Central Americans with her!

I ditto the poster who stated with the sweetest succinctness that we attach ourselves to our city here & take criticism personally.

Heaven knows the internet will give you anything you want... except for the yummy tacos at Muchas Gracias made by AUTHENTIC Central Americans. On Willamette & 14th specifically!

MMMM... tacos... that'll calm me down! Maybe after a tasty greasy taco or two, I'll feel like being friends with her after all...

Old 08-24-2009, 01:01 PM

231 posts, read 778,552 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahkate_m View Post
Heaven knows the internet will give you anything you want... except for the yummy tacos at Muchas Gracias made by AUTHENTIC Central Americans. On Willamette & 14th specifically!

MMMM... tacos... that'll calm me down! Maybe after a tasty greasy taco or two, I'll feel like being friends with her after all...
Actually, that place is located at 15th (not 14th) and Willamette. I know since I jog by there about 3-4 times per week. It always looked sorta grungy and Burrito-Boy-ish (i.e. not good), so I never stopped to try it out. But it sounds like I may have missed something good.

By the way, the name "Muchas Gracias" always seemed confusingly similar to "Mucho Gusto", the small chain restaurant setup by those Westraunt brothers (they also own a couple of other restaurants including the newly opened Dickie Jo's burger place). But I noticed a few days ago that Muchas Gracias has recently changed their name to something else...can not remember what, but it is definitely not Muchas Gracias anymore. I wonder if the owners sold out or just decided to change names?

Old 08-24-2009, 01:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Eugenified View Post
Actually, that place is located at 15th (not 14th) and Willamette. I know since I jog by there about 3-4 times per week. It always looked sorta grungy and Burrito-Boy-ish (i.e. not good), so I never stopped to try it out. But it sounds like I may have missed something good.

By the way, the name "Muchas Gracias" always seemed confusingly similar to "Mucho Gusto", the small chain restaurant setup by those Westraunt brothers (they also own a couple of other restaurants including the newly opened Dickie Jo's burger place). But I noticed a few days ago that Muchas Gracias has recently changed their name to something else...can not remember what, but it is definitely not Muchas Gracias anymore. I wonder if the owners sold out or just decided to change names?
Yeah, I knew that. 15th but seems like 14th to me - I'm right there anyway *it's only funny to me*

Is it gusto or gracias there? Now I'm confused. we always call it affectionately "muchas poopy"

Now that I've thought about it for too long, I'm not sure if I want to eat there if they have new owners... It probably won't taste the same.

Hmmm mucho gusto: "what protein do you want" place? that's too much pressure for me -the same owner's as dickies? my daughter oo'd & awed at the new painting on the dickie jo building the other day. is it good eats or just hype?

I don't think Burrito Boy is all bad but I think I remember I thought it was overpriced. For some reason, I don't go there anymore.

Essential oils: I find them at Market of Choice. If that lady ever gets her head out of... ... she'll figure it out. My fingers aren't broken - I can mix my own lotions & perfumes.

Last edited by sarahkate_m; 08-24-2009 at 01:58 PM..

Old 09-23-2009, 09:18 AM

Thumbs up I finally checked out the new version of the taco place on Will/15th!

Quote:

It's called RIVAS now. The help is basically proficient in English. I always go over my selections at the pick up window to make sure we're cool.

The shredded beef burrito with rice/beans (they sometimes forget the beans) & cheese is recommended.

And the $2 hard shell shredded beef tacos are highly recommended! The new menu calls them "folder tacos"....

So far so good for the new taco place management/ownership.

Kate

Old 09-23-2009, 09:59 AM

231 posts, read 778,552 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahkate_m View Post
It's called RIVAS now. The help is basically proficient in English. I always go over my selections at the pick up window to make sure we're cool.

The shredded beef burrito with rice/beans (they sometimes forget the beans) & cheese is recommended.

And the $2 hard shell shredded beef tacos are highly recommended! The new menu calls them "folder tacos"....

So far so good for the new taco place management/ownership.

Kate
Mystery solved!

The nice smell from that place drives me crazy (in a good way) every time I jog by there. I also go by Nachos (on City View) which has that similar "oily tacos" smell in the air outside. I have eaten at Nachos (no review yet on my website), and it's nothing special, but maybe I will try this Rivas place sometime.

I just bought one of those "Entertainment" coupon booklets on Sunday, and it has coupons for Muchas Gracias, so I guess I will try it at one of the other locations still owned by the Muchas Gracias people. I think there is one on Franklin.

Old 09-23-2009, 06:21 PM

398 posts, read 1,317,681 times
I don't know much about Eugene, but I lived just outside of it for an extremely brief period of time - just long enough to find a great authentic taco cart. It was in of all places, Junction City, which is just a short drive north from Eugene. This was a number of years ago, so I can't even guarantee the cart is even still there. It used to park out by the Country Coach compound (right off 99) around lunchtime. Yummm!!

Old 09-24-2009, 03:54 PM

Quote:
Mystery solved!

The nice smell from that place drives me crazy (in a good way) every time I jog by there. I also go by Nachos (on City View) which has that similar "oily tacos" smell in the air outside. I have eaten at Nachos (no review yet on my website), and it's nothing special, but maybe I will try this Rivas place sometime.

I just bought one of those "Entertainment" coupon booklets on Sunday, and it has coupons for Muchas Gracias, so I guess I will try it at one of the other locations still owned by the Muchas Gracias people. I think there is one on Franklin.
Mr. E: Good to see you here!

The same fare is on Franklin but they serve the fish tacos with one tortilla each unless you ask for additional. I think the extra is necessary to hold it all together. Usually the fish & beef tacos are delish.

For Muchas G.... I think the chicken meals are usually dark meat so I forego those. However my daughter is fond of the chicken quesadilla thing minus the beans.

Kate
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon > Eugene area