Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-04-2013, 11:11 AM

16,588 posts, read 27,411,459 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WWu777 View Post
Very true. Men overseas don't have the insecurity complexes that American men do. Many foreigners and immigrants have observed this. Don't listen to the politically correct automatons on here who deny the truth.

If you go to the UK, you'll notice that the black men there aren't as insecure or easily offended as the ones in the US are. America has a culture and vibe that makes people insecure and fragments one's soul and spirit, especially if you are sensitive. The culture and environment are very toxic, hostile and dysfunctional.

To those who deny this, ask yourself this:

- How come people in other countries don't have to see shrinks like they do in America? In other countries, seeing a shrink is unheard of.
- How come the US has the HIGHEST mental illness rates in the world?
- How come the US has the largest mental health industry in the world?

All of this speaks volumes.

We have a popular thread on Happier Abroad about the insecurity of the Western male. Check it out here:
The Insecurity of the Western Male and the Patriarchy : Happier Abroad
I agree with this and as a Black American male, let me tell you this is magnified significantly. Someone mentioned that this insecurity is more pronounced in the south. Well Black American culture is generally based on Southern American culture.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-05-2013, 02:56 AM

113 posts, read 101,495 times
This may not be a huge factor, but a lot of men in America play American high school football (along with a couple other sports), and put on muscle to play it. And then they keep that routine of working out, and so they stay bigger. In terms of the people from my high school who are still bigger now (10 years later), almost every one of them played football.

I did a semester abroad in the UK and was shocked at the lack of equipment in the weight room compared to my college in the US. I was also shocked at how much smaller everybody was, specifically bouncers.

And I have a short haircut because I am lazy and like not having to ever think about my hair.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe