Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-02-2012, 03:23 AM

3,425 posts, read 6,313,327 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by russiaonline View Post
First enlighten us what kind of wealth he has. Facts please.
Most Russians live in total denial. You sound exactly like a Russian "friend" of mine. You can present her with all types of facts about how ****ed up Russia is, she will still deny it.

I mean, if Russia is such a wonderful place, why are these people living here in the USA? They should go back to Russia, if it is such a good country and they love it so much, YET, they continue to live here in the USA
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-02-2012, 04:14 AM

3,102 posts, read 5,622,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Repubocrat View Post
Most Russians live in total denial. You sound exactly like a Russian "friend" of mine. You can present her with all types of facts about how ****ed up Russia is, she will still deny it.

I mean, if Russia is such a wonderful place, why are these people living here in the USA? They should go back to Russia, if it is such a good country and they love it so much, YET, they continue to live here in the USA
Most of them went leave (emigration(they do not know another life) to Soviet times and now it is the birthplace of America. In Europe, today, people are returning from Europe to Russia and the only Russian but also foreign. As for Putin, as far as I know he is very rich.As for the topic, this is as is often done in the Western media. If you read the Western media is the feeling that we are living on Mars. Show me an example of positive articles or news about Russia? They were apparently not at all. I can tell you that even Wikipedia often provides no valid information (I check)

Last edited by GreyKarast; 11-02-2012 at 04:24 AM..

Old 11-02-2012, 04:41 AM

1,725 posts, read 2,069,554 times
Quote:
Please present me with your facts.

Quote:
YET, they continue to live here in the USA
Why do you blame Russians for what some Americans are doing or not?

Old 11-02-2012, 02:05 PM

102,234 posts, read 108,060,523 times
Quote:

This is actually a very good point. Even after the revolution, there were people who longed to return to the Motherland. A few did, which was very foolish. But nowadays, there's no such longing, no one's interested in returning. If it were true that life has improved there significantly, some might go back, but there's no stampede. To the contrary, corruption is getting worse, some of the liberalization of the 90's and development of civil society has been quashed, rule of law is a joke. Though the standard of living may be inching upwards for the rank-and-file, this isn't enough to draw expats back.

Old 11-02-2012, 02:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
But nowadays, there's no such longing, no one's interested in returning.
A lot of people return. There are no stats, because they are not immigrants, but such people are everywhere - and they often trash US/EU/Canada/Israel online.

Old 11-02-2012, 02:46 PM

102,234 posts, read 108,060,523 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by russiaonline View Post
A lot of people return. There are no stats, because they are not immigrants, but such people are everywhere - and they often trash US/EU/Canada/Israel online.
Jews, returning TO Russia? That's one I'd have to see to believe.

So, if this wave of returnees really exists, why aren't you joining them on the internet? We're not worth your time.

Old 11-02-2012, 03:28 PM

Quote:
I don't know if any Jews return, but lots of Russians returned from Israel.

Quote:
So, if this wave of returnees really exists, why aren't you joining them on the internet? We're not worth your time.
I'm just having fun here. But you are currently quite dispiseful - that's not fun...

Old 11-02-2012, 03:41 PM

888 posts, read 1,592,916 times
Quote:

If there are 3, 4, or 5 of them, and they are on an internet forum, it can qualify as "a lot" to someone Why don't they join us on this forum

Old 11-02-2012, 03:48 PM

667 posts, read 941,126 times
Quote:

There are more as ten millions Russian emigrants in western countries, only a couple of thousands went back.

Old 11-02-2012, 06:53 PM

2,920 posts, read 2,800,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaronOB View Post
There are more as ten millions Russian emigrants in western countries, only a couple of thousands went back.
Why would they?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe