Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-02-2012, 09:57 AM

67,650 posts, read 61,226,564 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by owenc View Post
We know that, we just get really annoyed when you americans group us up together because we are all foreign countries. With some very different cultures.

Like the UKraine is in Europe and it is a completely different country and it would annoy me that you are saying that we are the same as them because we are indeed not.
Oh. Is someone saying that the Ukraine is like Portugal? How so? In what context?

Americans are very aware that the world region of EUROPE, and also the European Union as an entity, are both comprised of a variety of nations.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-02-2012, 10:00 AM

20,633 posts, read 23,928,726 times
Well it would seem that we have similarities because you are grouping us up by calling us Europeans.

Old 08-02-2012, 10:02 AM

2,975 posts, read 8,126,483 times
We know this, but North America is the same, a large continent but we don't call you North Americans. I've never heard that in my life. If someone calls me European I tell them I'm Scottish and British.

Old 08-02-2012, 10:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by owenc View Post
Well it would seem that we have similarities because you are grouping us up by calling us Europeans.
I concour.

Old 08-02-2012, 10:06 AM

14,247 posts, read 17,959,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotslass View Post
We know this, but North America is the same, a large continent but we don't call you North Americans. I've never heard that in my life. If someone calls me European I tell them I'm Scottish and British.
But you are also a European

Old 08-02-2012, 10:06 AM

20,633 posts, read 23,928,726 times
Quote:
I do the same.

Old 08-02-2012, 10:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggy001 View Post
But you are also a European
Solely by regional and continental definitive, just like the USA is within North America, however they are not called North Americans but rather American just like my nationality is British, which is clearly displayed in my passport

Old 08-02-2012, 10:17 AM

67,650 posts, read 61,226,564 times
Quote:

That's fine - but native people who live in Europe are Europeans - as well as citizens of whatever country they're from.

Why does that bother you? It's not like Americans don't know that Europe is comprised of a variety of countries.

Old 08-02-2012, 10:19 AM

14,247 posts, read 17,959,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
That's fine - but native people who live in Europe are Europeans - as well as citizens of whatever country they're from.

Why does that bother you? It's not like Americans don't know that Europe is comprised of a variety of countries.
Are you sure

Old 08-02-2012, 10:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post

It's not that it bothers me, if the tables are turned it could be said that Americans, Canadians are North American but that term is used very seldom and quite incorrect. It is just not something that we hear here or being classed as Europeans, its always mostly an American thing to group us all together I guess. I suppose we all use our nationality here rather than the term European.

For example in the UK it is either USA, Canada or Mexico etc

Your the one who seems to be getting upset about it not me, calm yourself.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe