Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-06-2013, 02:24 PM

4,680 posts, read 13,432,149 times

Advertisements

The Anglo-Saxons people who brought Germanic speech, culture, genes to England and later the whole of British Isles must have practiced a system of segregation in the early days of the invasions with Celts/Romano-Britons/the people living in Britain at the time of conquest. Due to the fact a good part of England was pagan at the time when Pope Gregory decided to send missionaries to Angle-Land or "Angel land" and also that to this day half of British Y-chromosomes are no different from those of males in Denmark and north Germany according to recent results from the University College of London. Of course later they blended easily when they were Christianized, but their language and culture prevailed over the Keltic.

Last edited by saxonwold; 08-06-2013 at 02:56 PM..

Old 08-07-2013, 10:31 AM

14,820 posts, read 12,026,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saxonwold View Post
The Anglo-Saxons people who brought Germanic speech, culture, genes to England and later the whole of British Isles must have practiced a system of segregation in the early days of the invasions with Celts/Romano-Britons/the people living in Britain at the time of conquest. Due to the fact a good part of England was pagan at the time when Pope Gregory decided to send missionaries to Angle-Land or "Angel land" and also that to this day half of British Y-chromosomes are no different from those of males in Denmark and north Germany according to recent results from the University College of London. Of course later they blended easily when they were Christianized, but their language and culture prevailed over the Keltic.
So you really do think that Britains are all a 'pure breed'?!!!!!

Old 08-07-2013, 10:38 AM

205 posts, read 520,437 times
I repeat what I stated above...

Old 08-07-2013, 10:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by easthome View Post
So you really do think that Britains are all a 'pure breed'?!!!!!
There are no 'pure breeds' in the way you are saying all over the continent. Do not confuse yourself once more, being a descendant of Anglo-Saxons or any other Germanic people doesn't make you 'pure'. This was an idea conceived by nationalists which ended to be the doctrine of Nazis. So I don't think that Britons are a 'pure' in that manner, they are mainly just descendants of people who lived in northwestern Europe, nothing complicated.

Old 08-07-2013, 10:45 AM

Yes, and that Celtics are redhaired people..
That France is Northern Europe and that French are Northern Europeans similar to Germans and Scandinavians...
That French coined Mare Nostrum as "Nôtre Mer"...and Romans copied it later...too much Star Trek..
Oh, yes...Celtics had a broad jaw...
I could go on for hours.

Old 08-07-2013, 01:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pardillo View Post
Yes, and that Celtics are redhaired people..
That France is Northern Europe and that French are Northern Europeans similar to Germans and Scandinavians...
That French coined Mare Nostrum as "Nôtre Mer"...and Romans copied it later...too much Star Trek..
Oh, yes...Celtics had a broad jaw...
I could go on for hours.
The cerebrum is not there for nothing!! Read carefully statements, perhaps you have a language problem, there are some English language schools in your Mediterranean neighborhood! The term "Mare Nostrum"
is the Roman name for the Mediterranean Sea. Ancient Romans used this term to refer to the sea nearby after they conquered Sicily, Sardinia, Corsica, Iberia, parts of North Africa, this later changed to Mare Internum(Internal Sea). The translation for "Mare Nostrum" in French is "Notre Mer", that's all. You can go on as long as we want, nobody is stopping you. Ignorance is not the way to go. The region today known as the Celtic Fringe in the British Isles has the highest frequency of people with red hair, that's a fact. It doesn't matter whether you jump or cry, facts are facts. I don't remember saying that France as a country being in Northern Europe. I posted maps of what is Northern Europe, perhaps you should take a look and learn something. [/quote]

Old 08-07-2013, 01:34 PM

Luigi Luca Cavalli Sforza, a well-known Italian geneticist who accepted that Europeans who are actually genetically quite similar to each other, could also differ. C.Forza's team has compiled extraordinary tables depicting "genetical distances" separating 2,000 different racial groups from each other. For example if we assume that the genetical distance between the English and Danish to be equal to 1.0. Cavalli Sforza has found that the separation between the English and Italians to be 2.5 times as large as the English-Danish difference. On this scale, the Iranians would be 9 times more distant genetically from English than the Danish and Japanese would be 59 times greater. Sub-Saharan Africans would be 109 times as large as the distance between the English and the Danish. We see that geography a role plays as well. By this statement we understand how Europe was first settled, southeast to northwest.

Old 08-07-2013, 06:45 PM

14,820 posts, read 12,026,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saxonwold View Post
There are no 'pure breeds' in the way you are saying all over the continent. Do not confuse yourself once more, being a descendant of Anglo-Saxons or any other Germanic people doesn't make you 'pure'. This was an idea conceived by nationalists which ended to be the doctrine of Nazis. So I don't think that Britons are a 'pure' in that manner, they are mainly just descendants of people who lived in northwestern Europe, nothing complicated.
Being British doesn't mean 'you are descended from Anglo Saxons' and that's the point I am making.

Old 08-07-2013, 07:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by easthome View Post
Being British doesn't mean 'you are descended from Anglo Saxons' and that's the point I am making.
In a way it's true. Since Britain encompasses not only England but Wales and Scotland, there were areas where Anglo-Saxon influence diminishes as one goes west, it gets more 'Keltic'. The Oxford University studies on human genetics shows that the Anglo-Saxon and Viking influence are weakest in Wales and Cornwall which shouldn't be suprising if someone is well acquainted of the history of invasions in Britain.Please do not be out of context , I do know that not all British are descended from Anglo-Saxons.

Old 08-08-2013, 04:54 AM

Ireland is also Great Britain.
There's no rehhaired Keltic race.
"Anglo-Saxon" influence is less than ten percent of the British genetic stock.
You are not acquainted with the history of Britain, Europe or Arkansas.
Angles and Saxons do not exist, even less in America.

Last edited by Pardillo; 08-08-2013 at 05:11 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe