Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-01-2016, 02:15 AM

4,680 posts, read 13,520,563 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by waviking24 View Post
Majority of white Americans are brown and dark brown haired.
According to proper studies, Whites Americans who are of predominantly Northern/Eastern European descent (e.g. British, German, Polish and Russian) are in the majority within the medium to light brown shades, while those of Southern/Southeastern European descent (Greece, Italy, Spain, Portugal, etc...) within darker shades. America has a large population, so yes there is a greater display of variety. In terms of numbers, America has the largest population of redheads ("gingers") in the world, but not the highest percentage. About 2-6%, linked to a high proportion of Irish, Scottish and Welsh ancestry.

Last edited by saxonwold; 03-01-2016 at 03:22 AM..

Old 03-01-2016, 02:22 AM

1,450 posts, read 1,217,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catbelle View Post
I am surprised about the big amount of threads related to skin, eyes colour and genealogy , but I suppose forus are for that, discuss every kind of topic
I think it is funny too? I have reddish blond hair and green eyes, that might be rare?

Old 03-01-2016, 06:25 AM

14,835 posts, read 12,131,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saxonwold View Post
He shouldn't listen to you, who didn't even know where the British Isles were geographically located, let alone France! I have never claimed that I was more British than you were! You have such a brilliant mind! Keep the ignorance up! If I could tell people apart, that's my gift, not everyone could. Can you even tell your girlfriend from other women? Probably not, because to you everyone looks the same, right?
Well really!? Care to put a bit of 'proof' behind this bizarre statement? As a British man I reckon I am pretty clued up on the geography of my island thanks. Also when have I said that everybody looks 'the same'? Care to show me that one too? I think you will find that I have repeatedly pointed out (the bleedin obvious) that people from every European country have a multitude of individualistic looks and that they could be from any of the European countries. If anything you are the one claiming that 'everyone looks the same' dependant on which European country they hail from.

Old 03-01-2016, 11:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by easthome View Post
Well really!? Care to put a bit of 'proof' behind this bizarre statement? As a British man I reckon I am pretty clued up on the geography of my island thanks. Also when have I said that everybody looks 'the same'? Care to show me that one too? I think you will find that I have repeatedly pointed out (the bleedin obvious) that people from every European country have a multitude of individualistic looks and that they could be from any of the European countries. If anything you are the one claiming that 'everyone looks the same' dependant on which European country they hail from.
Yes, indeed. You claim everyone is identical

Old 03-01-2016, 12:43 PM

1,304 posts, read 1,134,986 times
Quote:
Yes, Saxonwold.
We're identically doomed to a life of strife and suffering that ultimately means nothing in the grand scheme of things. Indeed, all of your worries are meaningless.

The sooner you embrace this very fact, the better.

Old 03-01-2016, 03:45 PM

14,835 posts, read 12,131,306 times
Quote:

Is that so? You really don't know what to say do you? You are the one calling all Spanish people identical, or British, or French etc, you reckon you can tell European nationals apart!!? Absolute, complete and utter nonsense. British people are not 'blue eyed' apart from the blue eyed ones, Spanish people are not 'brown eyed' apart from the brown eyed ones, Scandinavians are not 'blond' apart from the blond ones. British people ARE however, brown eyed, blond haired, dark haired, green eyed, blue eyed, olive skinned, fair skinned people and SO ARE Italians, Germans, French, Austrian and Portugese, its time for you to stop harping on about the colour of peoples hair or eyes.

Old 03-01-2016, 04:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by easthome View Post
Is that so? You really don't know what to say do you? You are the one calling all Spanish people identical, or British, or French etc, you reckon you can tell European nationals apart!!? Absolute, complete and utter nonsense. British people are not 'blue eyed' apart from the blue eyed ones, Spanish people are not 'brown eyed' apart from the brown eyed ones, Scandinavians are not 'blond' apart from the blond ones. British people ARE however, brown eyed, blond haired, dark haired, green eyed, blue eyed, olive skinned, fair skinned people and SO ARE Italians, Germans, French, Austrian and Portugese, its time for you to stop harping on about the colour of peoples hair or eyes.
You were claiming that Brits were identical to Spaniards, which is purely nonsense. Additionally you're lacking a lot.

Old 03-01-2016, 04:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arigarisha View Post
Yes, Saxonwold.
We're identically doomed to a life of strife and suffering that ultimately means nothing in the grand scheme of things. Indeed, all of your worries are meaningless.

The sooner you embrace this very fact, the better.
You become what you believe. If you believe in a life of doom, that's what you're getting. I don't!!

Old 03-01-2016, 04:36 PM
AFP

7,412 posts, read 6,955,457 times
Quote:
You were claiming that Brits were identical to Spaniards, which is purely nonsense. Additionally you're lacking a lot.
He never stated that. C'mon everyone by now knows you have some sort of an OCD fixation on the eye color, hair color and pigmentation of certain European population. Most of what you claim you don't even post the sources. You consistently confuse your opinions with facts and over 90% of your posts are oppositional. In addition you present yourself as some sort of expert on genetics when you clearly aren't. Clearly you have some sort of an addiction to discussing eye color, skin pigmentation, and hair color. Addictions are nothing more than an attempt at an escape from reality.(ie emotions). You can deflect all you want but everyone can clearly see you can hardly wait to get back to discussioning your three topics hair color, skin pigmentation, eye color.(with a little genetics thrown in to sound official)

Last edited by AFP; 03-01-2016 at 04:48 PM..

Old 03-01-2016, 04:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldDocKat View Post
I think it is funny too? I have reddish blond hair and green eyes, that might be rare?
On world's scale, your natural hair color is very rare (well below 1% worldwide has that hair color) and your natural eye color is the rarest in the world (2%). I have reddish hair too. Always remember the first human groups were originally black-haired, brown-eyed, dark-skinned, this was very beneficial for them as they lived in very hot climates, so a lot of melanin acted as natural barrier against UV radiation. Depigmentation of skin, hair, eyes came later, as a result of adaption to climate, diet, sexual selection over time, to reach a maximum in Europe, especially in the north.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe