Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-07-2012, 12:46 PM

295 posts, read 1,155,299 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catbelle View Post
chascarrillo who is that blonde guy with Ivone Reyes? just curiosity
Álvaro Bultó, a sportsman, but her was most famous for being the supposed boyfriend of Infanta Cristina when she was young.

Old 10-07-2012, 01:58 PM

20,633 posts, read 23,877,481 times
Black hair is quite rare but brown eyes are not and I find them particulaly boring as most of the world have brown eyes.

Old 10-10-2012, 09:30 PM

1,200 posts, read 1,604,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by owenc View Post
Black hair is quite rare but brown eyes are not and I find them particulaly boring as most of the world have brown eyes.
Black hair is common in Italy, Spain, Greece, certain parts of France and the UK which are all part of Europe, so the statement that it's rare in Europe is not accurate.

Old 10-14-2012, 12:01 PM

272 posts, read 907,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chascarrillo View Post
Álvaro Bultó, a sportsman, but her was most famous for being the supposed boyfriend of Infanta Cristina when she was young.

I know him and his brothers. I went to the driving test the same day that one of his brothers and he flunked out because he did the wheelies with a Vespa, one of those vespas they used for driving tests. At that time, they still had Bultaco.

Old 10-14-2012, 12:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canaan-84 View Post
Black hair is common in Italy, Spain, Greece, certain parts of France and the UK which are all part of Europe, so the statement that it's rare in Europe is not accurate.

I own a hotel and I see a lot of people, black hair is common all around Europe. Irish, English, Germans, Russians, everybody. Germans, I receive buses from Germany from certain areas and they all have black hair, so goes for the English. The real difference is suntan, sun.

What differentiates people more is size, northern people are big, pale, wear creamy colours and are heavier and more cumbersome. French and Italians, I can't tell them apart except by their clothing.

Russians come in all shapes and you never know. Americans can be told apart because of their shrilling accents, you can hear them by miles.

Old 10-14-2012, 12:43 PM

20,633 posts, read 23,877,481 times
True black hair is rare. I rarely see anyone with true black hair. Most people here have light brown hair or Ginger.

Old 10-14-2012, 12:52 PM

I had a large table packed with people with very black hair and very white skin, I would have sweared they were Spanish from somewhere in middle Spain with no sun...They were all Welsh and Irish on a Bachelor Party. I asked them if they were descendants of Spanish immigrants and no, they were English and Irish. I guess that in Ireland they have people with black hair they have a name for them and once, somebody came with the romantic idea that they were descendants of the Spansh that wreck during the Armada, not true at all since the survivors were few and could sail to Flanders.

Old 10-14-2012, 03:30 PM

4,432 posts, read 6,984,164 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pizarro View Post
I had a large table packed with people with very black hair and very white skin, I would have sweared they were Spanish from somewhere in middle Spain with no sun...They were all Welsh and Irish on a Bachelor Party. I asked them if they were descendants of Spanish immigrants and no, they were English and Irish. I guess that in Ireland they have people with black hair they have a name for them and once, somebody came with the romantic idea that they were descendants of the Spansh that wreck during the Armada, not true at all since the survivors were few and could sail to Flanders.
Perhaps the people of the Bachelor Party were Goths instead:

Old 10-16-2012, 04:04 AM

13,630 posts, read 10,031,964 times
Quote:
Very few of us know where we are from.

I think the Spanish sowed their wild oats first.

Old 10-16-2012, 04:20 PM

599 posts, read 2,593,504 times
Quote:
I own a hotel and I see a lot of people, black hair is common all around Europe. Irish, English, Germans, Russians, everybody. Germans, I receive buses from Germany from certain areas and they all have black hair, so goes for the English. The real difference is suntan, sun.

What differentiates people more is size, northern people are big, pale, wear creamy colours and are heavier and more cumbersome. French and Italians, I can't tell them apart except by their clothing.

Russians come in all shapes and you never know. Americans can be told apart because of their shrilling accents, you can hear them by miles.

I've met groups of germans from lower saxony and areas around it, they are definitely predominantly blonde, in my opinion even more than norwegians (who have in fact a lot of people with brown hair.)

You probably have met germans mostly from rhineland-pallantine or bavaria.

And the brits, yes its no surprise, in wales, Ireland, Most of scotland and most of england, most people have dark hair, and not only mousy brown but in fact a lot of them have black/darkbrown hair, unlike in most of central/northern europe.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe